Author Topic: OHIO: Meet the 17-year-old behind Jerry Barilla's successful mayoral campaign  (Read 1122 times)

Online mountaineer

Hope for the future in (of all places) Steubenville, Ohio, where a young conservative served as campaign manager for the city's new mayor:
Meet the 17-year-old behind Jerry Barilla's successful mayoral campaign
by Sean Eiler
WTOV-9
Nov. 23, 2017

STEUBENVILLE, Ohio —   Not only did this year's election bring Steubenville a new mayor, it also brought to light a pretty unique story about a young man who played a major role in an voting process he isn't old enough to be part of.

Alex McKenna seems like your everyday 17-year-old -- until he brings up his political career.

"The biggest highlight so far has been winning the campaign with Jerry Barilla as the mayor of Steubenville," McKenna said.  ...

But his passion for politics started at an even younger age.

When he was 12, he asked his mother to drive him to the Mitt Romney headquarters in Pittsburgh.

"I just started making phone calls, and there was one lady, she wasn't sure who to vote for in the election, and I was able to convince her to vote for Mr. Romney at the time, and it sparked something in me, that this is something I want to continue doing," McKenna said.   ...
Full story
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org