Author Topic: Germany's SPD Decides to Accept Negotiations With Merkel  (Read 603 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

Germany's SPD Decides to Accept Negotiations With Merkel
« on: November 24, 2017, 12:57:26 pm »
Germany's SPD Decides to Accept Negotiations With Merkel
Social Democrats weigh full coalition or limited support; Chancellor’s fourth term and German stability hang in balance
Bloomberg News, Nov 24, 2017, Birgit Jennen and Arne Delfs

Germany’s biggest opposition party said it’s open to talks on backing a government led by Chancellor Angela Merkel, offering a way to restore political stability to Europe’s biggest economy.

Social Democrat Secretary General Hubertus Heil told reporters that the party is ready to start discussions if that’s the course that President Frank-Walter Steinmeier, who is trying to broker a deal, decides upon. Heil spoke after an eight-hour meeting of the SPD leadership in Berlin that wrapped up in the early hours of Friday.

Read more:
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-11-24/germany-s-spd-decides-to-accept-talks-with-merkel-on-government

Offline Suppressed

Re: Germany's SPD Decides to Accept Negotiations With Merkel
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2017, 04:37:09 am »
Merkel snubbing AfD stinks.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Oceander

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2017, 05:29:27 am »
Smart folks.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2017, 09:16:35 am »
With the SPD working with the CDU/CSU, the electorate gets the same thing no matter which won, so voters split off to the outer parties.  SPD-CDU/CSU is becoming the uniparty like in the USA.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2017, 11:47:25 pm »
This will only work a little while.
The coalition will do nothing to solve or at least alleviate the muslim problems in Germany.

This can only result in more gains for AFD in the long term.

Sooner or later, they will force the other parties to share governance.
And in time, they may transform into the majority party...