Author Topic: Report: North Korea swapping out soldiers at DMZ  (Read 772 times)

Online corbe

Report: North Korea swapping out soldiers at DMZ
« on: November 23, 2017, 04:52:49 pm »

Report: North Korea swapping out soldiers at DMZ

By Elizabeth Shim  |  Nov. 23, 2017 at 10:04 AM   

Nov. 23 (UPI) -- North Korea is replacing military personnel at the demilitarized zone, following the defection of a soldier and a shooting incident that left the soldier wounded.

A South Korean government source told Yonhap on Thursday the escape has had serious consequences for North Koreans at the Joint Security Area, or JSA, where guards of the two Koreas stare each other down every day.

<..snip..>

https://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-News/2017/11/23/Report-North-Korea-swapping-out-soldiers-at-DMZ/3741511448569/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: Report: North Korea swapping out soldiers at DMZ
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2017, 06:04:21 pm »
Swapping out live ones for dead ones.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2017, 03:33:56 am »
They are going to be punished in all likelihood. What a regime. I'm about to post that that soldier who was shot and in stable condition, one of the bullets tore his intestines open and they found a bunch of parasites. This seems common with the people there. I don't know, maybe some of us have parasites too but it sounds serious. There was some other story like this about someone from NK.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2017, 11:39:45 am »
They are going to be punished in all likelihood. What a regime. I'm about to post that that soldier who was shot and in stable condition, one of the bullets tore his intestines open and they found a bunch of parasites. This seems common with the people there. I don't know, maybe some of us have parasites too but it sounds serious. There was some other story like this about someone from NK.
If you spend your whole life lapping up what the Kims have been doling out, you can expect parasites.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2017, 12:21:04 pm »
North Korea chaos: Furious Kim punishes ALL border guards after humiliating defection
Daily Express/UK, Nov 24, 2017, Joey Millar

North Korea suffered acute embarrassment on November 13 when a border guard fled first by jeep and then on foot across the joint security area (JSA) with South Korea.

The defector, identified only by his surname Oh, sped in a jeep towards the South before losing control and crashing into a ditch. He sprinted the final few metres as North Korea guards opened fire.

Now those border guards are believed to be taking the full force of Kim Jong-un’s fury for the incident - with all believed to have lost their positions.

Yonhap News, a Seoul-based news agency, believes all border guards have been replaced at the border in a huge security overhaul.

And they said an intelligence source had told them the guards were also in danger of cruel punishment at the hands of Kim’s security agents.

The unnamed source told the agency: “Signs were detected that North Korea has replaced all border security officials following the defection.

“Given this situation, commanders of the responsible military unit and senior officers might have undergone punishment."

More w/photos:  https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/883437/north-korea-defector-kim-jong-un-border-guards-defection

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2017, 01:46:56 pm »
Not only will the guards and higher ups be punished, it is likely their entire families will be sent to forced labor prison camps never to be seen or heard from again. The family of the defector too.  That is how things work in North Korea - “three generations of punishment,” in which three generations of a prisoner’s family are also sent to the camp and may die there without having committed a crime themselves.
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2017, 02:14:35 pm »
Not only will the guards and higher ups be punished, it is likely their entire families will be sent to forced labor prison camps never to be seen or heard from again. The family of the defector too.  That is how things work in North Korea - “three generations of punishment,” in which three generations of a prisoner’s family are also sent to the camp and may die there without having committed a crime themselves.

I wonder if that would work with Jihadists?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley