Author Topic: The Necessity Defense  (Read 686 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The Necessity Defense
« on: November 23, 2017, 04:13:30 am »
Yes, folks, this is real, and involves the assertion that what would ordinarily be illegal, isn't, because it was done for the safety of the public.

Where this turns into a manure heap is when it is linked with the actions of radical environmentalists who claim to be saving us all from global warming (AKA "Climate Change")

To learn more about what to expect from the environmental folks...

Look here:

http://www.climatedisobedience.org/necessitydefense
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 04:13:54 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DiogenesLamp

Re: The Necessity Defense
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2017, 05:20:58 am »
Yes, folks, this is real, and involves the assertion that what would ordinarily be illegal, isn't, because it was done for the safety of the public.

Where this turns into a manure heap is when it is linked with the actions of radical environmentalists who claim to be saving us all from global warming (AKA "Climate Change")

To learn more about what to expect from the environmental folks...

Look here:

http://www.climatedisobedience.org/necessitydefense

They were threatening violence years ago.

https://youtu.be/JfnddMpzPsM

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2017, 05:34:27 am »
They were threatening violence years ago.

https://youtu.be/JfnddMpzPsM
Sure they were. Predicating a 'defense' on the basis of an unproven and deeply flawed theory that is finally getting picked apart (The Petition Project was twenty years ago!).

I think people need to be aware of the legal tactic, though.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2017, 10:08:29 am »
Let them get away with One step down that road, just one:

"We had to destroy the village to save it Sir!"
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2017, 11:15:19 am »
Let them get away with One step down that road, just one:

"We had to destroy the village to save it Sir!"
Well, if they can use that, can we use this defense?

"He just needed killin'."

--and not necessarily in the context of self-defense, but stopping someone from creating a disaster--and how far would that go?

C S Lewis

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2017, 12:05:59 pm »
Deliberately breaking the law is a highly controversial tactic

:silly:
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2017, 02:50:43 pm »
Gets me onto the rhetorical question, "If, knowing what we know about Hitler now, if you could go back in time would you kill him?"

Which leads me to my favorite Hitler story.

Before he Was anything, he was on the campaign stump delivering his screed in beer halls.

He finished up one, all worked up, and in the ensuing silence one of the patrons asked him:

"Did someone shit in your brain and forget to flush?"

Supposedly the only time he didn't have an answer.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 02:51:21 pm by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2017, 02:56:45 pm »
Gets me onto the rhetorical question, "If, knowing what we know about Hitler now, if you could go back in time would you kill him?"

Which leads me to my favorite Hitler story.

Before he Was anything, he was on the campaign stump delivering his screed in beer halls.

He finished up one, all worked up, and in the ensuing silence one of the patrons asked him:

"Did someone shit in your brain and forget to flush?"

Supposedly the only time he didn't have an answer.
If I had my druthers, the Kaiser would have been done before 1914, and the little corporal would never have made private. (and the Soviet Union would have stayed Imperial Russia)..

C S Lewis