Author Topic: Two additional woman accuse Franken of groping  (Read 889 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Two additional woman accuse Franken of groping
« on: November 23, 2017, 01:26:50 am »
Two additional woman accuse Franken of groping
By John Bowden - 11/22/17 07:35 PM EST

Two more women have come forward with accusations that Sen. Al Franken (D-Minn.) groped them during photo opportunities.

HuffPost reported Wednesday night that two women, who spoke under conditions of anonymity for fear of retribution, said that Franken groped them during campaign events for his initial run for Senate in 2008.

“My story is eerily similar to Lindsay Menz’s story,” the first woman said, referring to a woman who said last week that Franken groped her at the Minnesota State Fair. “He grabbed my buttocks during a photo op.”

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/361635-two-additional-woman-accuse-franken-of-groping
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Two additional woman accuse Franken of groping
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2017, 01:27:43 am »
Never just one.....I hope this slimeball goes down....reflect on this Franken!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2017, 01:35:42 am »
I wish some of these women would have had a swift right hook or a rapid knee to the groin.

Then these loathsome men might have stopped this groping years ago.......
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2017, 01:36:58 am »

They do get brave  for the piling on when they have nothing to lose.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2017, 01:38:24 am »
So, if it happened during the 2008 campaign, does it not count - as far as Senate disciplinary goes - because he wasn't a Senator yet? Some articles have been saying that only behavior when you are a legislator counts, that is why that one story was important from the State Fair.  There may be some fine details as to how this works.

Offline endicom

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2017, 01:59:36 am »

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2017, 02:05:13 am »
I wish some of these women would have had a swift right hook or a rapid knee to the groin.

Then these loathsome men might have stopped this groping years ago.......

That's what I don't understand...I had a boss come up from behind and wrap his arms around me and buried his face in my hair...I elbowed him in his ribs..that was the last he tried that with me..and I kept my job...mainly because I did most of his work too!
Support the USO

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2017, 02:21:35 am »

Oh, yeah.  One woman dares to come forward and the floodgates open.

It's a shame because Franken is so good looking, can't figure out why he has to attack women ??

Guess he can't attract, gotta attack.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2017, 02:22:46 am »
They do get brave  for the piling on when they have nothing to lose.

You're taking this a little personally.  Have you been in this situation yourself?

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2017, 02:28:27 am »
You're taking this a little personally.  Have you been in this situation yourself?

Awe ...How cute.  If you have read any of my past posts you know I am in HR.  I love a witch hunt.  I think you are the head witch.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2017, 02:32:31 am »
Awe ...How cute.  If you have read any of my past posts you know I am in HR.  I love a witch hunt.  I think you are the head witch.

If you are actually in HR, which I'm inclined to doubt, you've probably encountered women who are reluctant to make accusations, especially against their superiors at the company.

My daughter is Director of Human Resources at the Kamehameha Schools in Maui. 

If you think this is a witch hunt ... and, hey, thanks for the promotion ... I'm only the second in command, not the head ... you should be fired immediately.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2017, 02:33:59 am »

I had to look you up, you're so damn catty, I thought you were female.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2017, 02:42:29 am »
So, if it happened during the 2008 campaign, does it not count - as far as Senate disciplinary goes - because he wasn't a Senator yet? Some articles have been saying that only behavior when you are a legislator counts, that is why that one story was important from the State Fair.  There may be some fine details as to how this works.

It is always those fine details that trips things up, right Tom?

Offline musiclady

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2017, 03:29:48 am »
That's what I don't understand...I had a boss come up from behind and wrap his arms around me and buried his face in my hair...I elbowed him in his ribs..that was the last he tried that with me..and I kept my job...mainly because I did most of his work too!

LOL!  But seriously...............why aren't more women like US?   :beer:

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2017, 06:38:27 pm »
LOL!  But seriously...............why aren't more women like US?   :beer:

I don't know.  I've gotta say I was never a victim of anything even approaching sexual harassment.  But when I claim that, people envision that I was too ugly to approach.  I wasn't.

I must have exuded some kind of force field, or perhaps I worked in the right environments.

But I worked so many places.  For the government, for a big manufacturing plant, for a psychiatrist, for a labor union.  And I encountered nothing but nice guys along the way.

But maybe for naive, ambitious girls in the wrong setting ...

Offline musiclady

« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2017, 09:43:08 pm »
I don't know.  I've gotta say I was never a victim of anything even approaching sexual harassment.  But when I claim that, people envision that I was too ugly to approach.  I wasn't.

I must have exuded some kind of force field, or perhaps I worked in the right environments.

But I worked so many places.  For the government, for a big manufacturing plant, for a psychiatrist, for a labor union.  And I encountered nothing but nice guys along the way.

But maybe for naive, ambitious girls in the wrong setting ...

I have no doubt that women who convey strength and confidence are assaulted less than those who give off weak vibes.

After all, these many men who assault young women are weak, insecure and probably not so good looking themselves, so they need to pretend they're somebody by attacking less powerful women.

I never had a problem with handsy guys either, but then I worked in pretty safe places (back in the day at least)....in churches, schools and universities.   And I wasn't too bad to look at either.

Assaults are about power, not attraction. 

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2017, 12:14:46 am »
I have no doubt that women who convey strength and confidence are assaulted less than those who give off weak vibes.

After all, these many men who assault young women are weak, insecure and probably not so good looking themselves, so they need to pretend they're somebody by attacking less powerful women.

I never had a problem with handsy guys either, but then I worked in pretty safe places (back in the day at least)....in churches, schools and universities.   And I wasn't too bad to look at either.

I'll bet you were beautiful and probably still are.  But I agree about vibes.  Men may make subtle gestures to check for amenable women.  So gals should be careful to be friendly but totally unapproachable in that area.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2017, 02:01:50 am »
I'll bet you were beautiful and probably still are.  But I agree about vibes.  Men may make subtle gestures to check for amenable women.  So gals should be careful to be friendly but totally unapproachable in that area.

Well, actually, my husband thinks I'm still gorgeous, but he's not exactly objective.  ^-^

Echoing your words that women need to exude strength.   You can smile and still let men know not to get near you, or you'll smack em upside the head!  They can figure that out pretty quickly.

Online DB

« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2017, 03:39:36 am »

Actually, I think it is more common with "good looking" guys that know it. When they put their hands on a woman they think it is an honor they're bestowing on them. In addition many think they're entitled to it, particularly when they are successful. So in other words, I think you have the "not so good looking" thing backwards.

Defending the "not so good looking" that I'm a member of...
« Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 03:46:13 am by DB »

Online DB

« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2017, 03:45:03 am »
Well, actually, my husband thinks I'm still gorgeous, but he's not exactly objective.  ^-^

Echoing your words that women need to exude strength.   You can smile and still let men know not to get near you, or you'll smack em upside the head!  They can figure that out pretty quickly.

I find it interesting how modern feminists constantly demand they are men's equal while at the same time claiming to be their continuous victims... A basic contradiction in terms... They can't be both...

I'm not trying to start something... Just an observation...

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2017, 04:53:45 am »
I find it interesting how modern feminists constantly demand they are men's equal while at the same time claiming to be their continuous victims... A basic contradiction in terms... They can't be both...

I'm not trying to start something... Just an observation...

Most women are not feminists.  They do want equal rights but that's in the political sense.  The only woman who ever beat a man up was Billie Jean King.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2017, 03:07:22 pm »
Actually, I think it is more common with "good looking" guys that know it. When they put their hands on a woman they think it is an honor they're bestowing on them. In addition many think they're entitled to it, particularly when they are successful. So in other words, I think you have the "not so good looking" thing backwards.

Defending the "not so good looking" that I'm a member of...

I'm not a psychiatrist, but my sense is that any man, good looking or not, who feels the need to molest women, is extremely insecure.

But you're right.  The "good looking" aspect of what I said isn't necessarily correct.

Nor is, I'm sure, your assessment that you are not.  ^-^

@DB

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2017, 04:21:07 pm »
I'm not a psychiatrist, but my sense is that any man, good looking or not, who feels the need to molest women, is extremely insecure.

But you're right.  The "good looking" aspect of what I said isn't necessarily correct.

Nor is, I'm sure, your assessment that you are not.  ^-^

@DB

Reading your post got me to thinking about our twice-elected proven serial sex molester.  Not sure what his problem was.  He was good looking and fairly successful and he had wimmen who were willing sex partners.  So, just a little something wrong that would take a dozen psychiatrists to figure out, I guess.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2017, 04:37:44 pm »
Reading your post got me to thinking about our twice-elected proven serial sex molester.  Not sure what his problem was.  He was good looking and fairly successful and he had wimmen who were willing sex partners.  So, just a little something wrong that would take a dozen psychiatrists to figure out, I guess.

Billy Jeff was abandoned by his Daddy.  Even if women found him attractive (I personally think he's kind of icky looking), his insecurity probably led to his need to attack women.

But keep in mind that I don't know what the heck I'm talking about!   :dx1:

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2017, 04:52:18 pm »
Billy Jeff was abandoned by his Daddy.  Even if women found him attractive (I personally think he's kind of icky looking), his insecurity probably led to his need to attack women.

But keep in mind that I don't know what the heck I'm talking about!   :dx1:

Hah!  Neither do I but we can't let that stop us.

Yeah, I vaguely remember the Daddy issues and I agree with you about his looks but others don't.

The real mystery is that he got elected President.  Twice.