Author Topic: How Trump is building a border wall that no one can see  (Read 1306 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
How Trump is building a border wall that no one can see
« on: November 23, 2017, 12:27:50 am »
President Trump’s vision of a “big, beautiful” wall along the Mexican border may never be realized, and almost certainly not as a 2,000-mile physical structure spanning sea to sea.

But in a systematic and less visible way, his administration is following a blueprint to reduce the number of foreigners living in the United States — those who are undocumented and those here legally — and overhaul the U.S. immigration system for generations to come.

Across agencies and programs, federal officials are wielding executive authority to assemble a bureaucratic wall that could be more effective than any concrete and metal one. While some actions have drawn widespread attention, others have been put in place more quietly.

The administration has moved to slash the number of refugees, accelerate deportations and terminate the provisional residency of more than a million people, among other measures.

On Monday, the Department of Homeland Security said nearly 60,000 Haitians allowed to stay in the United States after a devastating 2010 earthquake have until July 2019 to leave or obtain another form of legal status.

Read more at https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/immigration/how-trump-is-building-a-border-wall-no-one-can-see/2017/11/21/83d3b746-cba0-11e7-b0cf-7689a9f2d84e_story.html?utm_term=.c2145015129e
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Re: How Trump is building a border wall that no one can see
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2017, 12:28:18 am »
Works for me.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2017, 04:04:52 am »
President Trump’s vision of a “big, beautiful” wall along the Mexican border may never be realized, and almost certainly not as a 2,000-mile physical structure spanning sea to sea.

But in a systematic and less visible way, his administration is following a blueprint to reduce the number of foreigners living in the United States — those who are undocumented and those here legally — and overhaul the U.S. immigration system for generations to come.

Across agencies and programs, federal officials are wielding executive authority to assemble a bureaucratic wall that could be more effective than any concrete and metal one. While some actions have drawn widespread attention, others have been put in place more quietly.

The administration has moved to slash the number of refugees, accelerate deportations and terminate the provisional residency of more than a million people, among other measures.

On Monday, the Department of Homeland Security said nearly 60,000 Haitians allowed to stay in the United States after a devastating 2010 earthquake have until July 2019 to leave or obtain another form of legal status.

Read more at https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/immigration/how-trump-is-building-a-border-wall-no-one-can-see/2017/11/21/83d3b746-cba0-11e7-b0cf-7689a9f2d84e_story.html?utm_term=.c2145015129e

So the wall sections were just for show?  Haitians?  What about Hispanics and Asians.  Anyone here illegally?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2017, 06:31:49 pm »
So the wall sections were just for show?  Haitians?  What about Hispanics and Asians.  Anyone here illegally?

I don't know.  Just found it interesting that other ways have been found to decrease illegal population.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline skeeter

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2017, 07:52:10 pm »
I'd love to finish this article but refuse to subscribe to WaPo.

Can you give us the gist?

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2017, 08:03:42 pm »
I'd love to finish this article but refuse to subscribe to WaPo.

Can you give us the gist?

I could but I'm afraid of the mods.  However, here is another excerpt.

“For decades, the American people have been begging and pleading with our elected officials for an immigration system that’s lawful and serves the national interest,” Attorney General Jeff Sessions said in Austin last month. “Now we have a president who supports that.”

Bob Dane, executive director of the Federation for American Immigration Reform, which has pushed for many of the Trump administration’s main goals on immigration, said the president has “really scaled back this expansive view of immigration that occurred under the Obama administration.”

Offline skeeter

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2017, 08:54:56 pm »
I could but I'm afraid of the mods.  However, here is another excerpt.

“For decades, the American people have been begging and pleading with our elected officials for an immigration system that’s lawful and serves the national interest,” Attorney General Jeff Sessions said in Austin last month. “Now we have a president who supports that.”

Bob Dane, executive director of the Federation for American Immigration Reform, which has pushed for many of the Trump administration’s main goals on immigration, said the president has “really scaled back this expansive view of immigration that occurred under the Obama administration.”

Thank God for Trump even if only for this one issue. We couldn't have stood many more years of what was happening.

I noticed your corner of the world isn't immune from the problem either, judging from that pile of junk right now sitting on the reef off Diamond Head.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2017, 02:21:05 am »
Now you're scaring me.  What pile of junk?

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2017, 02:26:54 am »
Thank God for Trump even if only for this one issue. We couldn't have stood many more years of what was happening.

I noticed your corner of the world isn't immune from the problem either, judging from that pile of junk right now sitting on the reef off Diamond Head.

We do have illegals but not from Mexico or the Middle East.

Just Polynesians and Japanese.

Hawaii actually has no majority population.  There are statistically a few more whites, followed by Polynesians, Japanese, native Hawaiians and so on.

I do not notice anyone's race here.  It is a total mixture.

BUT, if you add the tourists ... when then it's all white folks.

And we love the tourists ... they are our second leading industry.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2017, 02:58:14 am »
Now you're scaring me.  What pile of junk?

Some clown ran a ship aground off Waikiki trying to land a bunch of illegals.

Why they didn't choose a less conspicuous spot I don't know.

Speaking of the racial mix on your islands, I notice fewer polynesians every time I go.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2017, 03:06:24 am »
Good for Trump, finally doing something about immigration, most pro-life administration ever.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2017, 05:00:54 am »
Some clown ran a ship aground off Waikiki trying to land a bunch of illegals.

Why they didn't choose a less conspicuous spot I don't know.

Speaking of the racial mix on your islands, I notice fewer polynesians every time I go.

My SIL is a better judge of race than I am.  We have one neighbor who is Polynesian and one who is Japanese.  The Japanese guy has the neatest yard in the neighborhood.

Mostly, people have become a blur to me here.  There are very few Blacks.  I've met quite a few native Hawaiians but ...

But if you're going mainly to Oahu, it may be quite different there.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2017, 05:14:37 am »
Okay, I looked it up.  We need a wall.

Well, it was only 15 or 16 people but it's a start.

"“Typically the crew is about six, seven people. The reason this boat had 20 people was because it was in transit to bring more crew members to work along other longline fishing boats,” explained Petty Officer 3rd Class Amanda Levasseur. “It was reported that the fisherman came from Vietnam, the Philippines, and Indonesia. Once they were successfully rescued off the vessel, they were brought to shore and released to Customs and Border Protection.”