Author Topic: President Trump Accomplishes the Impossible: Reduces Debt to GDP Ratio by 1% His First Year in Office  (Read 885 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: THE GATEWAY PUNDIT

URL: http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/11/president-trump-accomplishes-impossible-reduces-debt-gdp-ratio-1-first-year-office/

by Joe Hoft

President Trump’s policies have decreased the Debt to GDP ratio by 1% while at the same time the Atlanta Fed announced yesterday that the 4th Quarter GDP estimates have increased by 0.2% to 3.4%.

Since his inauguration President Trump has focused his efforts on the security of the country and on the prosperity of its economy. The results of his actions are taking shape.

The US GDP has increased each quarter in 2017 with the 3rd Quarter GDP increasing to $19.496 trillion – the highest GDP for any country in world history.

On the other hand, the President has curtailed US spending. The result is that the US Debt to GDP ratio has decreased year to date from 105% to 104%.

No President in more than 50 year years has decreased the Debt to GDP ratio in his first year in office by more than 1%. The last President to do so was Nixon in 1969. Presidents Reagan and George W. Bush decreased the Debt to GDP ratio in their first years in office but by less than 1%. President Obama increased the Debt to GDP ratio his first year in office by 15% and by 37% over his eight years in office.

In related news the Atlanta Fed announced that the 4th Quarter US GDP estimates have increased from 3.2% to 3.4%. This increase in GDP would make the GDP increase for the year near 3%, something that hasn’t occurred in more than 10 years.

Offline roamer_1

Bloody idiocy, arranging deck chairs.

Offline LMAO

Bloody idiocy, arranging deck chairs.

Without real cuts, this won’t last and our debt to GDP ratio is still too high

We will see what happens with the Trump presidency but the Obama presidency was poor for the US economy and fiscal situation
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Excellent news!  I'm regretting the fact that I refused to vote for him more and more as time goes along!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

Without real cuts, this won’t last and our debt to GDP ratio is still too high

That's right. No doubt 1% is within the margin of error.  Talk to me when it hits double digits. Reductions amounting to 10% per year for several years, and maybe, just maybe, you are beginning to make a dent.