Author Topic: Cinnamon turns up the heat on fat cells  (Read 663 times)

rangerrebew

Cinnamon turns up the heat on fat cells
« on: November 21, 2017, 05:36:45 pm »

Cinnamon turns up the heat on fat cells
November 21, 2017

New research from the University of Michigan Life Sciences Institute has determined how a common holiday spice—cinnamon—might be enlisted in the fight against obesity.

Scientists had previously observed that cinnamaldehyde, an essential oil that gives cinnamon its flavor, appeared to protect mice against obesity and hyperglycemia. But the mechanisms underlying the effect were not well understood.

Researchers in the lab of Jun Wu, research assistant professor at the LSI, wanted to better understand cinnamaldehyde's action and determine whether it might be protective in humans, too.

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2017-11-cinnamon-fat-cells.html

Offline aligncare

Re: Cinnamon turns up the heat on fat cells
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 05:52:46 pm »
I’ve lost significant weight twice. The fastest was when I added a tablespoon of cinnamon in with my morning protein shake.

Of course, it helped that I ran 3 miles afterwards.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Cinnamon turns up the heat on fat cells
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2017, 02:02:32 am »
I’ve lost significant weight twice. The fastest was when I added a tablespoon of cinnamon in with my morning protein shake.

Of course, it helped that I ran 3 miles afterwards.
I lost significant weight three times and I didn't have to put in the hard word you did, by the congrats for putting in the effort. All I had to do was have a fairly major surgery, worked like a charm but I can't advise my method, yours is a much better way.