Author Topic: REVEALED: Top Democrat Paid Off Sexual Harassment Accuser With $27K In Taxpayer Money  (Read 942 times)

rangerrebew

REVEALED: Top Democrat Paid Off Sexual Harassment Accuser With $27K In Taxpayer Money

Posted By Peter Hasson On 11:23 PM 11/20/2017 In | No Comments

A leading Democratic congressman settled a wrongful dismissal complaint for more than $27,000 in taxpayer funding after he allegedly fired the staffer because she would not “succumb to [his] sexual advances,” according to a new report.

The congressman, Michigan Rep. John Conyers, is described as a serial sexual harasser who would prey on his female staffers in sworn affidavits signed by four of his former staffers. BuzzFeed News first reported the bombshell allegations and accompanying settlement after right-wing blogger Mike Cernovich provided the website with the documents.

URL to article: http://dailycaller.com/2017/11/20/revealed-top-democrat-paid-off-sexual-harassment-accuser-with-27k-in-taxpayer-money/

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
27k?  thats pretty low.   They've paid millions in these settlements.   Takes a lot of $27k settlements to reach millions.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Frank Cannon

27k?  thats pretty low.   They've paid millions in these settlements.   Takes a lot of $27k settlements to reach millions.

If every elected person in DC payed out $27K in one year, you get $12.55 Mill.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
https://www.buzzfeed.com/paulmcleod/she-complained-that-a-powerful-congressman-harassed-her?utm_term=.inqDvZKrR#.ymrEa9W6O
 She Said A Powerful Congressman Harassed Her. Here’s Why You Didn’t Hear Her Story.

“When you make private settlements, it doesn’t warn the next woman or the next person going into that situation.”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Why is our tax money being used to pay off the victims of criminal activity done by individuals who happen to be employed by the government?  That's what I want to know! 
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Oldest member of Congress John Conyers, 88, settled sex misconduct complaint in 2015 after claims he touched women and used taxpayer cash to fly in mistresses
Daily Mail/UK, Nov 20, 2017

*Michigan Representative John Conyers settled a complaint in 2015 from a woman who alleged she was fired because she rejected his sexual advances
*Buzzfeed News reported that Conyers' office paid the woman over $27,000 to settle the complaint under a confidentiality agreement
*One staffer claimed that Conyers used 'Congressional resources' to fly in women that he was having affairs with into Washington DC
*BuzzFeed said it received the documents from right-wing activist Mike Cernovich, but independently confirmed their authenticity
*The 88-year-old Conyers is the top Democrat on the House Judiciary Committee and the longest-serving current member of the House

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5102655/Rep-Conyers-settled-complaint-sexual-conduct.html#ixzz4z4zeFxbL

The Latest: Ryan calls Conyers report 'deeply troubling'
Daily Mail/UK, Nov 21, 2017

WASHINGTON (AP) - The Latest on sexual harassment allegations against Rep. John Conyers (all times local):

9:55 a.m.

House Speaker Paul Ryan says it's "deeply troubling" that 88-year-old Rep. John Conyers reportedly settled a complaint in 2015 with a female aide who claimed she was fired after spurning his sexual advances.

Ryan says the House is changing its procedures for handling charges of harassment and discrimination, which have been called too weak and cumbersome.

The Wisconsin Republican says House employees "deserve and are entitled to a workplace without harassment or discrimination."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/ap/article-5104243/The-Latest-Ryan-calls-Conyers-report-deeply-troubling.html#ixzz4z50Y1Wcn

***suicide***

Maxine Waters to women: John Conyers 'has impeccable integrity on our issues'
Washington Examiner, Nov 21, 2017, Paul Bedard

Rep. John Conyers, newly facing sexual misconduct charges from former aides, was praised by fellow Rep. Maxine Waters just last month as a champion of women.

During an address to organizers of the national Women’s March in which she lashed out at “rape culture” and President Trump, she singled out the Michigan lawmaker for special attention.

“You know, there is a member of Congress who has been supportive of women for many, many, many years,” said said in a keynote address to the Women's Convention Sojourner Truth Luncheon in Detroit.

“He is quiet, he is confident, he is powerful, but he has impeccable integrity on all of our issues. Give John Conyers a big round of applause.” C-SPAN captured her comments and those of others who spoke at the event.

Read more: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/maxine-waters-to-women-john-conyers-has-impeccable-integrity-on-our-issues/article/2641351

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Victoria33

@mystery-ak
@CatherineofAragon

This is disgusting.  Trying to get women staffers to touch his "organ".  And, he used taxpayer money to fly women in for sex.  How many thousands of our money has he used for "fly in sex"?  That would be more than the 20+ thousands of our money he paid that one woman.  Men like this had to have failed potty training.

Ladies, how many of you feel nauseated, feel like throwing up, when you read reports about these men who use their power to sexually harass women?  Women go through this all their lives.

Offline Frank Cannon

Why is our tax money being used to pay off the victims of criminal activity done by individuals who happen to be employed by the government?  That's what I want to know!

Because it's not their money and they don't give a shit.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
REVEALED: Top Democrat Paid Off Sexual Harassment Accuser With $27K In Taxpayer Money

Posted By Peter Hasson On 11:23 PM 11/20/2017 In | No Comments

A leading Democratic congressman settled a wrongful dismissal complaint for more than $27,000 in taxpayer funding after he allegedly fired the staffer because she would not “succumb to [his] sexual advances,” according to a new report.

The congressman, Michigan Rep. John Conyers, is described as a serial sexual harasser who would prey on his female staffers in sworn affidavits signed by four of his former staffers. BuzzFeed News first reported the bombshell allegations and accompanying settlement after right-wing blogger Mike Cernovich provided the website with the documents.

URL to article: http://dailycaller.com/2017/11/20/revealed-top-democrat-paid-off-sexual-harassment-accuser-with-27k-in-taxpayer-money/

I object to the language in this report.  I would refer to Mike Cernovich as Hero blogger Mike Cernovich.

Why is John Conyers not referred to as left-wing pervert John Conyers?
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I also object to our money being used to pay off victims of left-wing pervert.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
***suicide***

I guess it depends on the definition of 'supportive.'

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
@mystery-ak
@CatherineofAragon

This is disgusting.  Trying to get women staffers to touch his "organ".  And, he used taxpayer money to fly women in for sex.  How many thousands of our money has he used for "fly in sex"?  That would be more than the 20+ thousands of our money he paid that one woman.  Men like this had to have failed potty training.

Ladies, how many of you feel nauseated, feel like throwing up, when you read reports about these men who use their power to sexually harass women?  Women go through this all their lives.

Yep.  It's totally disgusting and I think this Roy Moore fiasco (where an innocent guy was falsely accused of almost nothing for political purposes) has kinda opened the floodgates.

Be careful what you wish for, dems and libs.

Accusations are dropping like flies now and long-hidden stuff is coming out into the open.

It's about dam time.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Because it's not their money and they don't give a shit.

Right! But I don't for a moment think it is legal for them to spend tax money in that manner!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Millee

I'm sure Sessions will jump right on this.  *****rollingeyes*****

Offline Frank Cannon

Right! But I don't for a moment think it is legal for them to spend tax money in that manner!

You would think that, but you would be wrong. I will bet a dollar that somewhere in that massive mess of pages called the budget that there are all sorts of provisions to make elected officials life more comfortable. All voted on and passed by the people who get to benefit from it. Swell system, eh?

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
You would think that, but you would be wrong. I will bet a dollar that somewhere in that massive mess of pages called the budget that there are all sorts of provisions to make elected officials life more comfortable. All voted on and passed by the people who get to benefit from it. Swell system, eh?

Yeah! And a genuine travesty if true!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

- J. R. R. Tolkien

rangerrebew

You all are way too tough on old John.  You must remember his wife was doing time in the big house for some kind of corruption and he just needed a little feminine "touch" to keep him going.

Conyers has been in Congress since 1965.

Can we please, please start a serious movement for term limits?

Offline Applewood

I doubt I will ever see term limits unless there was some way to do it without congress having to approve it.  I don't see that happening.  Congress certainly won't do it.  Why would they want to give up the endless supply of taxpayer money and all the perks and benefits those taxpayer dollars pay for? 

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

We already have term limits!  In the case of Conyers they are two years.  and I do not ever want anyone telling me who I can or cannot elect to represent me!

- J. R. R. Tolkien