Author Topic: A judge permanently blocked Trump's 'sanctuary cities' executive order  (Read 501 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

A judge permanently blocked Trump's 'sanctuary cities' executive order
By Mark Hensch

A federal judge on Monday permanently blocked President Trump’s executive order to cut funding from so called “sanctuary cities.”

Trump’s order would have removed some federal funds from cities that limit their cooperation with U.S. immigration authorities.

U.S. District Court Judge William Orrick rejected the Trump administration’s argument that the measure only applies to a relatively small pool of money.

Orrick also said that Trump cannot set fresh conditions on spending that Congress has previously approved.

more
https://www.circa.com/story/2017/11/21/politics/trump-sanctuary-cities-executive-order-blocked-by-judge-william-orrick
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Re: A judge permanently blocked Trump's 'sanctuary cities' executive order
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 01:45:43 pm »
Foxnews talked about him this morning.  This judge is a bundler for Obama and a radical democratic activist.   He should be thrown off the bench and disbarred.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 02:45:37 pm »
Foxnews talked about him this morning.  This judge is a bundler for Obama and a radical democratic activist.   He should be thrown off the bench and disbarred.

Where is our feckless congress?  They happen to be the ONLY ones with the power to do anything about this!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2017, 02:47:36 pm »
This order is ripe to be ignored.

The judge cannot write the checks, so the money will not be paid.

Time for a day of reckoning where a subordinate federal judge thinks he can usurp the Constitutional power of the Executive.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2017, 02:50:03 pm »
This order is ripe to be ignored.

The judge cannot write the checks, so the money will not be paid.

Time for a day of reckoning where a subordinate federal judge thinks he can usurp the Constitutional power of the Executive.

I completely agree and have been advocating the same thing for some time now!  Enough is enough and it is apparent that the congress isn't going to do a damned thing unless the executive brings it to a head!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2017, 02:59:34 pm »
Another explanation relaying the Unconstitutional nature of an unelected judge deciding he knows how best to run the immigration laws and federal funding.

In it, the author suggest perhaps going after the sanctuary city mayors that they are breaking federal law.  Locking up a few of them should certainly change some minds.

Obama Donor Judge: No Sanctuary for American Victims

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2017/11/obama_donor_judge_no_sanctuary_for_american_victims.html
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington