Author Topic: Fewer International Students Coming to the US  (Read 834 times)

rangerrebew

Fewer International Students Coming to the US
« on: November 21, 2017, 01:36:34 pm »

Fewer International Students Coming to the US
US Immigration / By Anna Maria

The number of international students studying in US universities and colleges increased to a record-breaking 1.08 million during 2016 and 2017, including the 7252 international students attending the University of Buffalo. But last week, the Institute of International Education (IIE) released data showing that new international students, enrolling for the first time at such institutions in 2016, had fallen from the previous year by as many as 10,000.

This is the first time the numbers have fallen in the 12 years that such data has been collected. IIE experts say that a combination of local and worldwide economic conditions, together with more opportunities for higher education in overseas countries are the reasons for the fall.

https://www.us-immigration.com/us-immigration-news/us-immigration/fewer-international-students-coming-to-the-us/

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Re: Fewer International Students Coming to the US
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 01:50:53 pm »
How can our public universities be expected to turn a profit with this happening.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 06:17:58 pm »
This is the bread and butter for some of the universities. If internationals go elsewhere, it will be crippling for some schools.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2017, 01:02:27 am »
Too bad.

A lot of these colleges DESERVE to lose money, even go bankrupt.
... when one considers the quality of education that students are receiving, and the anti-American environments that too many colleges allow to continue.

If that makes me sound like I'm "anti-education"... well... I am.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 01:02:47 am by Fishrrman »

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2017, 01:17:34 am »
Even foreign students are tired of the leftist indoctrination of most US universities.  Heck if I were a student today I'd consider studying outside of the country.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2017, 04:52:16 am »
Too bad.

A lot of these colleges DESERVE to lose money, even go bankrupt.
... when one considers the quality of education that students are receiving, and the anti-American environments that too many colleges allow to continue.

If that makes me sound like I'm "anti-education Frankfurt School Indoctrination"... well... I am.

Universities and their Tenured Academics have made such a Clusterf##k of 'Education' students aren't even supposed to be able to know which of 2 genders they are.

My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Online mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2017, 02:12:02 pm »
This is the bread and butter for some of the universities. If internationals go elsewhere, it will be crippling for some schools.
Yes, most of these internationals pay "full fare."
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org