Author Topic: FCC Plans Total Repeal Of Net Neutrality Rules  (Read 407 times)

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
FCC Plans Total Repeal Of Net Neutrality Rules
« on: November 21, 2017, 06:47:35 am »
politico
MARGARET HARDING MCGILL
11/20/2017 07:17 PM EST
Updated 11/20/2017 07:58 PM EST

[excerpt]

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/11/20/net-neutrality-repeal-fcc-251824?lo=ap_f1

Federal Communications Commission Chairman Ajit Pai will reveal plans to his fellow commissioners on Tuesday to fully dismantle the agency's Obama-era net neutrality regulations, people familiar with the plans said, in a major victory for the telecom industry in the long-running policy debate.

The commission will vote on the proposal in December, some seven months after it laid the groundwork for scuttling the rules that require internet service providers like Comcast or AT&T to treat web traffic equally.

President Donald Trump-appointed Pai’s plan would jettison rules that prohibit internet service providers from blocking or slowing web traffic or creating so-called paid internet fast lanes, the people familiar with the changes said.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: FCC Plans Total Repeal Of Net Neutrality Rules
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 03:09:23 pm »
Good!  Let the marketplace work!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 03:13:10 pm »
Good!  Let the marketplace work!

In this case the "marketplace" is a virtual monopoly.  The telecom companies like Verizon & AT&T are pushing for this and they will limit what you see on the internet.

It won't be good for consumers.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2017, 03:16:11 pm »
"some seven months after it laid the groundwork for scuttling the rules that require internet service providers like Comcast or AT&T to treat web traffic equally."

What that means is that content the company doesn't like can be sidelined.   Traffic to websites can be stopped.    Instead of limitless and stable platform on which to deliver content the internet will become a tightly controlled space where the telecoms control what you see and have connectivity too
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.