Author Topic: North Korean prison camps stopped reporting deaths under Kim Jong Un, ex-prisoner claims  (Read 406 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
North Korean prison camps stopped reporting deaths under Kim Jong Un, ex-prisoner claims

Kim Jong Un forced officials to stop reporting deaths at North Korea’s notorious prison camps, according to the claims of a former prisoner, who also detailed the hard labor, bribery and torture inmates endured inside the Hermit Kingdom's detention centers.

The former prisoner told Daily NK on Friday he saw medical records at Tongrim correctional labor camp illustrated significantly fewer deaths in 2014 compared to 2011, the year Kim Jong Un was named dictator of North Korea after the death of his father, Kim Jong Il.

“Once when I caught the flu, I was able to contact my family and have them bring medicine. While I was there, I was able to take a peek at a book detailing five years of medical records for the infirmary,” the former prisoner told the news site. “In 2011, 50 percent of the prisoners succumbed to their illnesses, but for some reason these numbers decreased in 2014, according to the records.”

Read more at: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/11/20/north-korean-prison-camps-stopped-reporting-deaths-under-kim-jong-un-ex-prisoner-claims.html