Author Topic: Fox News host Judge Jeanine Pirro caught speeding at 119 mph  (Read 1980 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Fox News host Judge Jeanine Pirro caught speeding at 119 mph
« on: November 20, 2017, 09:29:57 pm »
Fox News host Judge Jeanine Pirro caught speeding at 119 mph
by Kara Zupkus | Nov 20, 2017, 2:41 PM

Fox News host Jeanine Pirro was pulled over for speeding in upstate New York after she was clocked going 119 mph in a 65 mph zone.

The New York Daily News reported Pirro was stopped by a state trooper in Tioga County around 1:15 p.m. Sunday.

Pirro, the host of "Justice With Judge Jeanine," said she was on her way to visit her ailing mother but vowed to "pay the consequences."

“I had been driving for hours to visit my ailing 89-year-old mom and didn’t realize how fast I was driving. I believe in the rule of law and I will pay the consequences,” Pirro said in a Fox News Channel statement.

New York's Department of Motor Vehicles says a conviction for going more than 40 mph over the speed limit could put 11 points on a driver's license. Eleven points will lead to a license suspension.

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/fox-news-host-judge-jeanine-pirro-caught-speeding-at-119-mph/article/2641271
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Fox News host Judge Jeanine Pirro caught speeding at 119 mph
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 09:31:56 pm »
She was in a hurry to see her gravely ill mother.  But she recklessly endanger many others, and that is wrong.

I respect the fact she immediately owned her mistake. That nearly disqualifies her for politics.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2017, 09:51:32 pm »
She was in a hurry to see her gravely ill mother.  But she recklessly endanger many others, and that is wrong.

I respect the fact she immediately owned her mistake. That nearly disqualifies her for politics.

I have done that, unfortunately. And it really is true. When you get up to those speeds, in an uncontrolled environment, anything can kill you. A rock. A rabbit. A crazy driver ahead of you. That speed takes a lot of control away from you. I did that in youth, and I'm surprised that I survived it.

With those crazy speeds, whoa man, shit, anything, any little thing can make for a very bad wreck. It doesn't have to be anything you did. Could be another driver trying to be a vigilante police force. It could be just some weird coincidence. It doesn't really matter. If you crash at those speeds, you are going to die. The only question is, how many others you will take with you.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 09:52:02 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2017, 09:57:36 pm »
This lady is a lying sack. Once you break the century mark, you know you are moving I don't care what you're driving. 120 keeps you damn alert even behind the wheel of a 911.

BTW I just did 103 today in a Buick wagon for shits and giggles. I could have got more put I ran out of straight highway.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2017, 09:59:10 pm »
BS she didn't realize how fast she was driving.  When you're going close to double the posted speed, you know you're going fast.  I've done the same in my youth.  She knew.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2017, 10:17:31 pm »
Wait. 120 mph is speeding?

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2017, 10:19:30 pm »
I have done that, unfortunately. And it really is true. When you get up to those speeds, in an uncontrolled environment, anything can kill you. A rock. A rabbit. A crazy driver ahead of you. That speed takes a lot of control away from you. I did that in youth, and I'm surprised that I survived it.

With those crazy speeds, whoa man, shit, anything, any little thing can make for a very bad wreck. It doesn't have to be anything you did. Could be another driver trying to be a vigilante police force. It could be just some weird coincidence. It doesn't really matter. If you crash at those speeds, you are going to die. The only question is, how many others you will take with you.

Yah. Sorta. It kinda depends on the car you have.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2017, 10:22:55 pm »
This lady is a lying sack. Once you break the century mark, you know you are moving I don't care what you're driving. 120 keeps you damn alert even behind the wheel of a 911.

BTW I just did 103 today in a Buick wagon for shits and giggles. I could have got more put I ran out of straight highway.
Just for curiosity sake, when was the last Buick wagon made? This new one looks like a near copy of the latest Volvo and Acura wagons, plus Audis, BMWs etc. GM doesn't lead these days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXsdpvdjmQk

Offline mrclose

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2017, 10:37:55 pm »

NOT GUILTY EVEN AT 66 YEARS OF AGE!!

"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2017, 10:46:01 pm »
Yah. Sorta. It kinda depends on the car you have.

Nope. Not really. How many rich people die every year? And they have the best cars money can buy.

When you get up to speed, 100+ mph, you lose a lot of control over the vehicle. When you get up to over 120, you better have a foil on the back to keep the car on the ground. Otherwise, trying to steer the car, is just merely giving it a suggestion. Because by then it is trying to fly. If you have a long flat, like the M1 running from Leeds to London or the Bundesautobahn you can go as fast as you want to. I have driven those at over two hundred kilometers, and I was getting passed. That is a totally different thing.

But, here in America it is more difficult and more dangerous.

Offline mrclose

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2017, 10:52:27 pm »
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Online roamer_1

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2017, 11:22:21 pm »

Nope. Not really. How many rich people die every year? And they have the best cars money can buy.

That presupposes that they knew how to drive it.

When you get up to speed, 100+ mph, you lose a lot of control over the vehicle. When you get up to over 120, you better have a foil on the back to keep the car on the ground. Otherwise, trying to steer the car, is just merely giving it a suggestion. Because by then it is trying to fly. If you have a long flat, like the M1 running from Leeds to London or the Bundesautobahn you can go as fast as you want to. I have driven those at over two hundred kilometers, and I was getting passed. That is a totally different thing.

Well yeah, but not really - there is nothing magic about 100 vs 80 vs 130 - A 69 3/4T 4x4 chevy with 4:55 gears (assuming stock and good repair) is all out at 80/85 - you are pushing the rig past its limits... I'll admit your average grocery getter in the USA is likely designed to a limit around 100 - But a modern Vette or Camero takes 100+ right in stride... while a crotch-rocket isn't even trying at 130 (or a Lambo, to stay in 4-wheeled vehicles).

And btw, it ain't 'more dangerous' on US interstates out here in the west than it is in Germany. If you are heading east to west, it takes 3 days to drive across Montana in a purportedly 'sane' manner- a good portion of it straight, flat as a pancake, and almost wholly empty. Putting on a little steam will save a ton of time out here.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2017, 11:23:50 pm »

A modern car designed for 140 mph is designed to have downforce, too. Hence it is controllable.

But the driver has to pay attention, cuz the thing doesn't steer itself.

European highways are designed for higher speeds, than the US.

A 1970s vintage full sized American boat, is not a safe car imo to drive over 100 mph. But a 2010 Audi, BMW or MB is.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2017, 11:52:40 pm »
A modern car designed for 140 mph is designed to have downforce, too. Hence it is controllable.

But the driver has to pay attention, cuz the thing doesn't steer itself.

European highways are designed for higher speeds, than the US.

A 1970s vintage full sized American boat, is not a safe car imo to drive over 100 mph. But a 2010 Audi, BMW or MB is.

You may be right. Since I have grown older, and more wise, I have not attempted to break 100 in America. I simply considered it to be too dangerous. But yes, when I did those things, it was a long time ago. And the car was not aerodynamic. It very well could be different today. But, back in the day, it was a wild ride.

Offline LMAO

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline verga

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2017, 04:05:11 pm »
About 12 years ago one of my favorite students got caught doing 110 in a 55 on his motorcycle. The Trooper didn't give him a ticket. He made him call his father and explain what he was doing. When the kid got home his father handed him a pair of scissors and made him cut up the license. I laughed when i heard about it. 
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2017, 04:09:44 pm »

That POS Roadmaster couldn't do 103 down hill and over a cliff with a gangbanger behind the wheel.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2017, 04:13:03 pm »
Just for curiosity sake, when was the last Buick wagon made? This new one looks like a near copy of the latest Volvo and Acura wagons, plus Audis, BMWs etc. GM doesn't lead these days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXsdpvdjmQk

1996. That thing you posted is an Opel.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2017, 04:17:31 pm »
That POS Roadmaster couldn't do 103 down hill and over a cliff with a gangbanger behind the wheel.

@WineNot

Listen Junior. Big Daddy Don Garlits once said "There ain't no substitute for cubic inches".

LT1+Dual Exhaust+Posi Rear+Police Handling Package=Fast

Offline WingNot

« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2017, 04:41:50 pm »
@WineNot

Listen Junior. Big Daddy Don Garlits once said "There ain't no substitute for cubic inches".

LT1+Dual Exhaust+Posi Rear+Police Handling Package=Fast

HMMM.  Add a Whisper Lid Cold air box and with that Faux Wood grain must add 10 HP to the rear wheels!   :pondering:

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2017, 04:50:16 pm »
HMMM.  Add a Whisper Lid Cold air box and with that Faux Wood grain must add 10 HP to the rear wheels!   :pondering:

GM tested the woodgrain applique in a wind tunnel and found it brought down drag by a coefficient of 0.013.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2017, 06:41:24 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mHyxp0k9Xw

Damn, that guy is nuts.  I think I clenched through the whole video.

Offline WingNot

« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2017, 06:48:33 pm »
Damn, that guy is nuts.  I think I clenched through the whole video.

You "puckered up" over that?