Author Topic: Tax reform: 7 Key players and how they could stop the bill  (Read 188 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Tax reform: 7 Key players and how they could stop the bill
« on: November 20, 2017, 08:06:30 pm »

By Jeremy C.F. Lin | 11/18/17 05:00 AM EDT

On Thursday, House Republicans passed their version of tax reform by a 227-205 vote. Now, the Senate is preparing to take up its own version of a bill, but several Republicans — from fiscal conservatives to moderates — are taking issue with several provisions. The bill needs 50 votes to pass the Senate — let’s take a look at what might get in the way.

more
https://www.politico.com/interactives/2017/tax-bill-senate-house-hurdles/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Re: Tax reform: 7 Key players and how they could stop the bill
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 12:48:33 am »

By Jeremy C.F. Lin | 11/18/17 05:00 AM EDT

On Thursday, House Republicans passed their version of tax reform by a 227-205 vote. Now, the Senate is preparing to take up its own version of a bill, but several Republicans — from fiscal conservatives to moderates — are taking issue with several provisions. The bill needs 50 votes to pass the Senate — let’s take a look at what might get in the way.

more
https://www.politico.com/interactives/2017/tax-bill-senate-house-hurdles/

No worries ... the Senate always votes in line with the DEMS.  I don't think the bill has a snowball's chance.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Tax reform: 7 Key players and how they could stop the bill
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 01:39:29 am »
No worries ... the Senate always votes in line with the DEMS.  I don't think the bill has a snowball's chance.

I'm very much inclined to agree with you!  There are many "republicans" in the Senate who will be just as happy in the minority as they ever were in the majority.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien