Author Topic: Trump calls on NFL to suspend Raiders' Marshawn Lynch  (Read 3628 times)

Offline aligncare

Re: Trump calls on NFL to suspend Raiders' Marshawn Lynch
« Reply #75 on: November 21, 2017, 11:17:18 am »
I'm not saying don't Tweet.  I'm saying do it smartly, in a way that does not alienate people like me that believe a POTUS should be capable of behaving better.

Besides that, don't make make me laugh.  Trump doesn't even know what the term "American exceptionalism" means.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72wM6cqPS-c

Trump shouldn’t tweet this, Trump shouldn’t do that, Trump should speak only in a news conference, Trump should genuflect first, Trump should speak only when spoken to. Sheesh.

Never figured you for a pearl clutcher, yet here you are. Can I get you some smelling salts?

What Trump is doing and saying is working fine for him since the day he announced and he’s winning converts to his side with every tweet he makes, with every step he takes.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #76 on: November 21, 2017, 11:24:38 am »
I would have thought more comments would have been about the as!hat disrespecting this country.    Folks must be deeply in love with Trump to be this fixated on him.

Yeah, they love him. They love him to death.

Me, I love potus, I love flotus. I’m a potus, flotus kinda guy.  :patriot:

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #77 on: November 21, 2017, 11:37:15 am »
Right! Inured is good  888high58888.. understanding is even better. The more Trump tweets the better I am starting to like him. Yes, at first he seemed immature...now though, after a year I see he is really really great at this game. He uses a punk to make the point that these are not real Americans with no real grievance.

What better optics than a Kneeler....standing for a foreign  Nations anthem... and not out own on foreign soil. One tweet... the Nation and World see it and choose.

It is a time for choosing ...... choosing what side you really are on.

:patriot:        :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #78 on: November 21, 2017, 12:36:29 pm »
I agree with Trump, but does he really need to wade into this?

The sitting down was dying down with only a few players before the last time he opened his pie hole. And we saw what happened the very next week. The fool does it again just as it was dying down one more time.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #79 on: November 21, 2017, 12:41:56 pm »
The sitting down was dying down with only a few players before the last time he opened his pie hole. And we saw what happened the very next week. The fool does it again just as it was dying down one more time.

We are in a war for the survival of our nation.   I am glad he's using that loser to make the point.  It's not time to sit back quietly.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #80 on: November 21, 2017, 02:03:57 pm »
Trump shouldn’t tweet this, Trump shouldn’t do that, Trump should speak only in a news conference, Trump should genuflect first, Trump should speak only when spoken to. Sheesh.

Never figured you for a pearl clutcher, yet here you are. Can I get you some smelling salts?

What Trump is doing and saying is working fine for him since the day he announced and he’s winning converts to his side with every tweet he makes, with every step he takes.

Do you have any proof of the bolded statement?  I ask because according to several polls, Trump's popularity may be slipping. 

I don't care that Trump is unconventional.  But there is unconventional and there is getting into a snit because someone doesn't like you.  A grownup doesn't have to be loved by everyone .  He doesn't have to react to every negative comment, every unflattering event. Brush it aside, let it go.  Doing so isn't weakness.  On the contrary, it's strength and maturity.   By just ignoring the loud mouthed father, Trump would have shown himself to be  the better man.  His silence would have made the father look petty and ignorant.   

I was told that Trump would grow into the presidency, but I haven't seen much evidence of that.  If anything, I think he's regressing.  If he has any hope of accomplishing his goals for America as he promised during the campaign, he's going to need people on his side -- even people he doesn't like and who don't like him.  If he alienates those who might be induced to work with him, he will lose any hope of fulfilling his promises.  The more he drives a wedge between himself and those who might otherwise have been willing to work with him, the more I start to think he really has no intention of keeping his promises.  Sure, he can blame them for his failures -- and his worshipful fans might believe him -- but the rest of us won't.   And if he hopes to be re-elected in 2020, he's going to need the rest of us to do so.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #81 on: November 21, 2017, 02:07:16 pm »
Lynch acts like an a$$hat because he wants attention. No one, including the president, should be giving him what he wants.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #82 on: November 21, 2017, 02:25:58 pm »
@RoosGirl

I can see that by all the election discussion and penis envy.   Behahahahahhahaa

I said mostly on topic.  I had no idea we were talking about peen though. Don't know how I could have missed that.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #83 on: November 21, 2017, 02:37:09 pm »

I don't know who said all of those things, but it wasn't me.  Yeah, it is so obvious that I am the pearl clutching type.  Maybe, since we both know I'm not really that type, my opinion on this one thing has at least enough merit to consider it for a second or two before dismissing it because I don't agree with all things Trump.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #84 on: November 21, 2017, 03:07:37 pm »
If he had a team in the NFL, he wouldn't say a damn thing. I think he is bitter cause the NFL told him to pound sand twice. Once when he destroyed the USFL and when he tried to buy the Buffalo Bills.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 03:08:01 pm by kevindavis »
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #85 on: November 21, 2017, 10:11:33 pm »
At last night's Monday Night Football all the players stood, even Seahawk's Michael Bennett, who has it seems taken over for Kaepernick as the active protest poster child. And for the most part it seems to be the trend from team to team getting back to normal, with just a few exceptions. All it takes is one stuped tweet and it starts all over again.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #86 on: November 21, 2017, 10:20:55 pm »
At last night's Monday Night Football all the players stood, even Seahawk's Michael Bennett, who has it seems taken over for Kaepernick as the active protest poster child. And for the most part it seems to be the trend from team to team getting back to normal, with just a few exceptions. All it takes is one stuped tweet and it starts all over again.

And so sad, just short of the field goal!

Lynch is one of those guys Trump should just let it go.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #87 on: November 21, 2017, 10:24:53 pm »

Yeah, you would almost think Trump was pulling this shit on purpose.   :whistle:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #88 on: November 21, 2017, 10:29:20 pm »
Yeah, you would almost think Trump was pulling this shit on purpose.   

:smokin:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #89 on: November 21, 2017, 10:42:01 pm »
If he had a team in the NFL, he wouldn't say a damn thing. I think he is bitter cause the NFL told him to pound sand twice. Once when he destroyed the USFL and when he tried to buy the Buffalo Bills.

Silly me...I thought it was all the fault of the judge that ruled in his favor when he sued the NFL over the demise of the USFL. He was awarded treble damages $1 X 3= $3.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #90 on: November 21, 2017, 10:44:29 pm »
Yeah, you would almost think Trump was pulling this shit on purpose.   :whistle:

Has to stay busy until tax reform hits his desk.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #91 on: November 22, 2017, 01:25:09 pm »

And so sad, just short of the field goal!

Lynch is one of those guys Trump should just let it go.

At least he's moved on to basketball now.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #92 on: November 22, 2017, 01:31:30 pm »

He is just upset at the NFL..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/