Author Topic: Trump calls on NFL to suspend Raiders' Marshawn Lynch  (Read 3627 times)

Offline Fantom

Re: Trump calls on NFL to suspend Raiders' Marshawn Lynch
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2017, 01:20:35 am »
Trump needs to butt the hell out (again).  Only his core supporters think these crazy tweets are cute.  If he's going to run again in 2020, it won't be against Hillary. He'll need to actually increase his support.

He has...with THIS Cruz man.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2017, 01:21:35 am »
He has...with THIS Cruz man.

So you voted for Cruz in the general in 2016?

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2017, 01:21:39 am »
Right! Inured is good  888high58888.. understanding is even better. The more Trump tweets the better I am starting to like him. Yes, at first he seemed immature...now though, after a year I see he is really really great at this game. He uses a punk to make the point that these are not real Americans with no real grievance.

What better optics than a Kneeler....standing for a foreign  Nations anthem... and not out own on foreign soil. One tweet... the Nation and World see it and choose.

It is a time for choosing ...... choosing what side you really are on.

I agree ... to a point.  I have tried to be on Trump's side since he became President.

Most of the time it hasn't been hard to do.

There's a great deal of discussion about the tweets and for good reason.

I've gone back and forth on this.  A lot of times, the tweets seem really stupid and almost childish,  but it's the way Trump has chosen to get his messages out.

If you tweet everything that comes into your head including anger at a disrespectful football player, then some of your tweets will annoy people.

I don't care anymore.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2017, 01:21:52 am »
Good point.  I need to find a meme that says "Alinsky works for US now!"

It is stupid not to use the tactics of the day. Ask the Redcoats.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fantom

« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2017, 01:25:38 am »
I agree ... to a point.  I have tried to be on Trump's side since he became President.

Most of the time it hasn't been hard to do.

There's a great deal of discussion about the tweets and for good reason.

I've gone back and forth on this.  A lot of times, the tweets seem really stupid and almost childish,  but it's the way Trump has chosen to get his messages out.

If you tweet everything that comes into your head including anger at a disrespectful football player, then some of your tweets will annoy people.

I don't care anymore.

Fireside tweets.

The thing is, this punk football player is nothing. Trumps tweet is about a culture war. He uses this punk for a layup.

Truly, this Cruz man is more than ok with this. I am really starting to appreciate it.

Frederick Douglass

Offline bilo

« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2017, 01:27:50 am »
I think the nonsense like what is talked about in this article is stupid.  If the stupid stopped and the current attempted policies were continued I might be inclined to vote for him next time.  Seems reasonable to me.  Perhaps you are willing to be open minded about that.  But if you think a candidate that couldn't even carry the popular vote and won by the skin of his teeth can win against whatever rock star the Dems put up next time, please carry on.

I know he has no chance in setting the agenda, driving the media focus, or getting re-elected if he doesn't tweet. It drives me crazy at times, but it is nice to have a POTUS who does believe in American Exceptionalism, loves our troops, honors their sacrifice and expects others to do so as well.

Let the radical leftists manipulate the ignorant football players into protesting a non existing problem. All those who rally around them identify what they really think of this country. I was a lifelong football fanatic, but if the owners don't have the strength to tell their employees to stand and respect the flag then I  won't buy their product. 
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 01:32:40 am by bilo »
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Fantom

« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2017, 01:29:57 am »
So you voted for Cruz in the general in 2016?

Did you vote for Hillary in the general?

Please, do not diminish yourself with such. And yes, I voted for Trump in the general...without any qualm. I voted my conscience, as did Ted.

Frederick Douglass

Offline bilo

« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2017, 01:30:51 am »
Trump needs to butt the hell out (again).  Only his core supporters think these crazy tweets are cute.  If he's going to run again in 2020, it won't be against Hillary.  He'll need to actually increase his support.

Do you believe if he followed the conventional path of holding news conferences that what he is proposing, or commenting on, would be accurately reported?

Offline Fantom

« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2017, 01:32:16 am »
I know he has no chance in setting the agenda, driving the media focus, or getting re-elected if he doesn't tweet. It drives me crazy at times, but it is nice to have a POTUS who does believe in American Exceptionalism, loves our troops, honors their sacrifice and expects others to do so as well.

Let the radical leftists manipulate the ignorant football players into protesting a non existing problem. All those who rally around them identify what they really think of this country. I was a lifelong football fanatic, but if the owners don't have the strength to tell their employees to stand and respect the flag then I don't won't buy their product.

:amen:

Frederick Douglass

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2017, 01:33:17 am »

Let the radical leftists manipulate the ignorant football players into protesting a non existing problem. All those who rally around them identify what they really think of this country. I was a lifelong football fanatic, but if the owners don't have the strength to tell their employees to stand and respect the flag then I don't won't buy their product.

I'm not saying don't Tweet.  I'm saying do it smartly, in a way that does not alienate people like me that believe a POTUS should be capable of behaving better.

Besides that, don't make make me laugh.  Trump doesn't even know what the term "American exceptionalism" means.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72wM6cqPS-c

Offline Fantom

« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2017, 01:34:32 am »
Do you believe if he followed the conventional path of holding news conferences that what he is proposing, or commenting on, would be accurately reported?

Maybe he could drink some forties on the whitehouse lawn after "tweeting" 'Bout some racist black professor getting arrested.

Like his predecessor.

Think I will take this version.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2017, 01:35:52 am »
Fireside tweets.

The thing is, this punk football player is nothing. Trumps tweet is about a culture war. He uses this punk for a layup.

Truly, this Cruz man is more than ok with this. I am really starting to appreciate it.

But the punk's mom defended him, proving that she, too, can tweet. 

She tweeted "what football team do he own?"

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2017, 01:36:24 am »

Please, do not diminish yourself with such. And yes, I voted for Trump in the general...without any qualm. I voted my conscience, as did Ted.

Of course I did not vote for Hillary.  Your reply to a comment that Trump needs to increase his support was that he did with you, that you were a Cruz man.  It comes across that he increased his support after the 2016 election, which is clearly what @CatherineofAragon and I are both talking about, but that is not accurate.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2017, 01:36:34 am »
Maybe he could drink some forties on the whitehouse lawn after "tweeting" 'Bout some racist black professor getting arrested.

Like his predecessor.

Think I will take this version.

Oh, yeah.  The beer summit.  How great was that?

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2017, 01:39:31 am »
Fireside tweets.

Love the 'fireside tweets' analogy.  It kinda works.  Roosevelt used the tools he had, Trump is doing the same.

Silver Pines

« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2017, 01:42:39 am »

@Fantom

What's the basis for that question?  Criticism of Trump? 

Offline Fantom

« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2017, 01:42:39 am »
Oh, yeah.  The beer summit.  How great was that?

Point being, is not that both armies use machine guns( a metaphor) makes them equally evil. But rather who/what is getting opposed.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fantom

« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2017, 01:45:55 am »
@Fantom

What's the basis for that question?  Criticism of Trump?

@CatherineofAragon
Was not asked of you, the Lady has responded.... I will respond to her.

Have a good day.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fantom

« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2017, 01:46:41 am »
Love the 'fireside tweets' analogy.  It kinda works.  Roosevelt used the tools he had, Trump is doing the same.

:beer: Indeed.

Frederick Douglass

Silver Pines

« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2017, 01:47:10 am »
@CatherineofAragon
Was not asked of you, the Lady has responded.... I will respond to her.

Have a good day.

@Fantom

You're right, it wasn't.  But you're on a public forum, and I inserted myself right in.

Never mind, the answer's clear.

Online corbe

« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2017, 01:47:48 am »
Trump's supporters are not fickle, his antics are not stupid, 2020 is too far away to worry about now.
   @truth_seeker

2 out of 3 ain't bad (the bold I disagree with) But I find myself agreeing with you more and more out of respect for you and in the interest of mutual harmony across this Forum,
    Thanks for sharing your Thoughts.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline bilo

« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2017, 01:56:07 am »
I'm not saying don't Tweet.  I'm saying do it smartly, in a way that does not alienate people like me that believe a POTUS should be capable of behaving better.

Besides that, don't make make me laugh.  Trump doesn't even know what the term "American exceptionalism" means.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72wM6cqPS-c

While I think you're right Pres. Trump couldn't properly define American Exceptionalism if you look at what he proudly supports he does believe in it.

It would be great if Pres. Trump could tweet in an exceptional manner, but that's not him. He's a Bull in a China shop. I'll cringe on occasion but I think his instincts are right more often than not and he fights! He doesn't care who it is that attacks him he fights back. The "professionals" in DC don't like it. The media don't like it. The leftists don't like it. However, more often than not Pres. Trump ends up being right.

The NFL is in serious trouble for a bunch of reasons. The greatest cause of their problems though is they don't know, or understand, their fans. They haven't educated their players who they are selling their product to and they haven't stepped up and demanded a level of acceptable behavior from their employees in the workplace. Any business that fails in these core areas is not going to remain over the long haul, no matter how successful it's been in the past.

Pres. Trump highlighting in his tweets the arrogant disrespect for the USA and those who have given their all for it is not only pointing out how wrong their behavior is. He is also reinforcing his position as a supporter of a traditional USA.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #47 on: November 21, 2017, 01:57:39 am »
Of course I did not vote for Hillary.  Your reply to a comment that Trump needs to increase his support was that he did with you, that you were a Cruz man.  It comes across that he increased his support after the 2016 election, which is clearly what @CatherineofAragon and I are both talking about, but that is not accurate.

Actually,  Let me clear.... I am still a Cruz man.

As for your sophistry, Hobsons choice was the only choice..as to the vote in 2016. It has worked out well.....exceedingly so from my prospective.

SO, to the point that President Trump has gained , not the vote I had to cast... but actually admiration... then yes, That is a gain in support...No?

Now then,  wilst you twiddle at the end of a useless fiddle, seeing how many sophistries will dance the head of a pin. Cruz was not on the ballot...Jus' who did youst vote for?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 02:03:38 am by Fantom »

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fantom

« Reply #48 on: November 21, 2017, 01:59:39 am »
@Fantom

You're right, it wasn't.  But you're on a public forum, and I inserted myself right in.

Never mind, the answer's clear.

Too many here want to engage in a pissing match.

Sorry, life is just too short.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 02:02:08 am by Fantom »

Frederick Douglass

Offline bilo

« Reply #49 on: November 21, 2017, 02:01:06 am »

Let me jump in on this. Pres. Trump has increased his support with me. I voted for Sen. Cruz in the primaries and did not vote for any candidate for POTUS in the general election. I did not believe candidate Trump would try and do what he campaigned on. I did not like the way he attacked other Pub candidates. I did not like some of the crude things in his past. However, if the election were today I would vote for him.