Author Topic: WHAT GENERAL HYTEN really SAID  (Read 1602 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: WHAT GENERAL HYTEN really SAID
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2017, 09:05:00 pm »
Of course, Murphy's comments were political.  My point is that the General's comments were made in the context of political comments like those of Murphy and several others.  I don't think it's that big a stretch to expect to evaluate the General's comments in the context of the political comments of the week.  There's absolutely no reason for you to be "concerned" about me.  I evaluate news and news sources (whether they are left or right) -- I don't simply accept or reject a new source just because I like the source or don't like source.  I evaluate the data, evidence, quotes, and motives and make up my own mind.  I only wish more would do the same.

I cannot speak for the briefer you are addressing, but I have always thought your comments are based on actual reading.  You are less likely to shoot from the hip than I am, for example.  We may not always agree, but I would never accuse you of shallow thinking.

I think the Senator is just being a Senator, doing what Dem Senators do.  I don't want that to get lost in the point I was making, that it was a grievous breach of intelligence for this General to have said what he did, to the audience he said it to.  Grievous enough I think he should have been taken out of the nuclear chain of command the moment it was found out he said it.

He told the enemy exactly how to slow down our reaction in the event of a nuclear attack.  That's grievous, and I don't think I'm making a stretch.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Concerned

Re: WHAT GENERAL HYTEN really SAID
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2017, 09:16:30 pm »
I cannot speak for the briefer you are addressing, but I have always thought your comments are based on actual reading.  You are less likely to shoot from the hip than I am, for example.  We may not always agree, but I would never accuse you of shallow thinking.

I think the Senator is just being a Senator, doing what Dem Senators do.  I don't want that to get lost in the point I was making, that it was a grievous breach of intelligence for this General to have said what he did, to the audience he said it to.  Grievous enough I think he should have been taken out of the nuclear chain of command the moment it was found out he said it.

He told the enemy exactly how to slow down our reaction in the event of a nuclear attack.  That's grievous, and I don't think I'm making a stretch.

:beer:  Personally, I generally hate when folks in the nuclear chain of the command, intelligence community, and special forces are out talking in public about what they do and how they do it.  I think it should all stay behind the cypher-locked doors.  If Trump/Mattis decided to replace Hyten, I'd totally support it especially given that his comments were made in the context of the political comments that were already out there from some members of Congress and from the Congressional hearings that were held last week.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.