Author Topic: The publisher of AL.com blasts back at legal threats from Roy Moore  (Read 1323 times)

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: The publisher of AL.com blasts back at legal threats from Roy Moore
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2017, 12:15:44 am »
@Frank Cannon

Lol

You know what, though, you didn't deserve to be snapped at.  Well---you kind of did, but not that hard.  And I don't want you to block me.

I apologize.

Bleh. I don't want an apology. You didn't do anything other than reserve your outrage for others and not me.

I deserve to be yelled at too.

Silver Pines

« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2017, 12:50:07 am »
That's what happens when government and the media are intertwined and have the same agenda, one and the same.

@INVAR, skepticism of the media is healthy...I'd say even necessary.  To a point.  Leftwing media bias exists, and there's no question about it.

But conservatives want to live in a bubble.  We refuse to listen to anything unless it's Fox News or a few other sources.  Everything else should be totally dismissed out of hand, without consideration.  That's foolish.  We're giving up our ability to think critically.  We should be able to weigh stories from any source and decide for ourselves whether or not they're garbage. 

Everything is seen through the prism of tribalism.  I can guarantee you that if al.com or the Washington Post ran a damaging story about a Democrat, we would accept it without hesitation.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused

Silver Pines

« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2017, 12:51:17 am »
Bleh. I don't want an apology. You didn't do anything other than reserve your outrage for others and not me.

I deserve to be yelled at too.

@Frank Cannon

Well, I apologized because it was right to do.  Cherish that moment because I'll go back to giving you hell anytime now.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2017, 12:53:39 am »
@Frank Cannon

Well, I apologized because it was right to do.  Cherish that moment because I'll go back to giving you hell anytime now.

Thank God. I hate shrinking violets.

BTW, what are you thinking about Roy Moore right about now?

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2017, 03:32:02 am »
That's what happens when government and the media are intertwined and have the same agenda, one and the same.

Hmm.   I wonder who has been trying to hammer that point almost since they arrived on this site?   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2017, 03:36:31 am »

Everything is seen through the prism of tribalism.  I can guarantee you that if al.com or the Washington Post ran a damaging story about a Democrat, we would accept it without hesitation.

Yes,  accepting statements against interest is just crazy thinking. 
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2017, 03:50:58 am »
@INVAR, skepticism of the media is healthy...I'd say even necessary. 

But conservatives want to live in a bubble.  We refuse to listen to anything unless it's Fox News or a few other sources.  Everything else should be totally dismissed out of hand, without consideration.  That's foolish.  We're giving up our ability to think critically.  We should be able to weigh stories from any source and decide for ourselves whether or not they're garbage.

Look, I do not watch TV.  I do not watch or listen to Fox.  I have turned off ALL talk radio last year, and am healthier for it.

I READ all my news - from A LOT of different sources.  My core principles are set and solid.  They do not change.  I review the news through the prism of those principles and cross reference whatever I read it is if something sounds like a narrative being pushed or an agenda being served.

If something smells like bullshit - I regard it as bullshit until there is hard evidence to tell me that what lies before my feet is not what it looks and smells like.

If my discernment pings something accurate, then chances are unless there is contrary evidence, I'll stick with my discernment until proven wrong.

I can guarantee you that if al.com or the Washington Post ran a damaging story about a Democrat, we would accept it without hesitation.

Stereotypes exist because there is truth to them.  Democrats have an infamous long track record and history to color my biases.  They also are governed by the thinking that because they do not claim to be religious, they can behave any way they like and get away with it.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775