Author Topic: Trump Tears Into Jeff Flake Over His Hot Mic Comment: Says GOP is “toast” if it becomes the party of Trump and Roy Moore.  (Read 1420 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: TOWNHALL

URL: https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarkoukis/2017/11/20/trump-slams-flake-over-hot-mic-comment-n2411848

by Leah Barkoukis

President Trump slammed Sen. Jeff Flake Sunday over comments he made during a hot mic moment.

“Sen. Jeff Flake(y), who is unelectable in the Great State of Arizona (quit race, anemic polls) was caught (purposely) on “mike” saying bad things about your favorite President,” Trump tweeted. “He’ll be a NO on tax cuts because his political career anyway is “toast.”

22h
Donald J. Trump  ✔ @realDonaldTrump

Now that the three basketball players are out of China and saved from years in jail, LaVar Ball, the father of LiAngelo, is unaccepting of what I did for his son and that shoplifting is no big deal. I should have left them in jail!

Donald J. Trump ✔@realDonaldTrump

Sen. Jeff Flake(y), who is unelectable in the Great State of Arizona (quit race, anemic polls) was caught (purposely) on “mike” saying bad things about your favorite President. He’ll be a NO on tax cuts because his political career anyway is “toast.”

6:22 PM - Nov 19, 2017
 36,395 36,395 Replies   13,834 13,834 Retweets   56,041 56,041 likes

At a tax-reform event on Saturday, Flake was heard on a hot mic saying the GOP is “toast” if it becomes the party of Trump and Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore.

"If we become the party of Roy Moore and Donald Trump, we are toast," Flake told his friend Mayor John Giles of Mesa.

Giles piled on, encouraging Flake to challenge Trump in the primaries.

"I am not throwing smoke at you, but you are the guy — just for fun, think about how much fun it would be — just to be the foil, you know, and point out what an idiot this guy is," Giles said. "Anyway, I hope you do it."

Trump and Flake have been outspoken critics of each other for months. In a speech last month announcing he would not be seeking re-election, Flake called Trump’s behavior as commander in chief “reckless, outrageous, and undignified.” He also took aim at Trump in his book “Conscience of a Conservative.”

The president, in turn, has held nothing back in his attacks against Flake, referring to him as “toxic” and criticizing him for being weak on the border and crime.

(EXCERPT) CLICK ABOVE LINK FOR THE REST....
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 04:05:13 pm by SirLinksALot »

Offline Frank Cannon

"If we become the party of Roy Moore and Donald Trump, we are toast," Flake told his friend Mayor John Giles of Mesa.

Yeah Jeff. Because it has been such a great party with weak losers like yourself.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Like it or not Flake is correct. That isn't to say it should be the party of Flake only that millions like me are going to say "Screw voting" till  Trumpism is dead and buried.

Like Teddy Roosevelt, conservatives rejected his progressivism leading to the election of Woodrow Wilson who was really no worse than Roosevelt would have been.

Online Right_in_Virginia

Like it or not Flake is correct. That isn't to say it should be the party of Flake only that millions like me are going to say "Screw voting" till  Trumpism is dead and buried. 

Big whoop.  We already know what a threat to Trump's victory you are.  ^-^

Offline skeeter

Trump referring to himself as 'your favorite president' should be an indication of how seriously he is being with many of these tweets.

Yet he continues to trigger millions.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Jeff Flake got it EXACTLY backwards!  As usual!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Concerned

Exactly correct.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline Cripplecreek

Exactly correct.

As it is, all the democrats need to do to beat Orange Glorious is to run someone who isn't Clinton. As it is, pro trump challengers had a miserable showing in the 2016 primaries and Pro Trump candidates since have done nothing but lose. It shouldn't come as any surprise since all these steaming piles of Trump do is rage on about their hatred of republicans.

Offline KingsX

• Be yourself. No one can say you're doing it wrong.

Orange swan who won't stop tweeting

Big news today is about Trump's attack tweet against GOP Senator Flake [who is retiring.]

Flake has said he can't support the GOP tax bill as written.

Today,  news networks are vocally wondering why Trump would overtly alienate a GOP senator
when each GOP senator's vote on tax reform is important. The GOP can only afford to lose
two GOP senate votes... and several more GOP senators are now sitting on the fence.

Neil Cavuto, the host on FOX business news,  was the only one who vocalized something
similar to my take.  He said Trump may be intentionally jinxing the vote.

I have said that from the beginning... that Trump has set it up to fail.

Here's Trump's tweet

" Sen. Jeff Flake(y), who is unelectable in the Great State of Arizona (quit race, anemic polls) was caught (purposely) on "mike" saying bad things about your favorite President. He'll be a NO on tax cuts because his political career anyway is "toast."

Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) November 19, 2017

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/19/politics/jeff-flake-donald-trump-twitter/index.html

Offline KingsX

Trump also threw the GOP tax bill another recent curve ball tweet.

Trump said he wanted elimination of Obamacare's individual mandate in the GOP tax bill.

Naturally, that immediately hit the headlines, made Democrats unhappy and gave the news media lots of cannon fodder to trash the GOP tax plan.

Today,  Trump has backed off his request... but the damage has been done.

Trump calls for GOP to repeal individual mandate as part of their tax effort

November 13, 2017

"  (CNN) - President Donald Trump wants to see Republicans repeal the Obamacare individual mandate as part of their tax bill, Trump tweeted Monday morning from his trip to Asia.

"I am proud of the Rep. House & Senate for working so hard on cutting taxes {& reform.} We're getting close! Now, how about ending the unfair & highly unpopular Indiv Mandate in OCare & reducing taxes even further? Cut top rate to 35 % w/all of the rest going to middle income cuts?" Trump tweeted. "

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/13/politics/trump-individual-mandate-tax-reform/index.html

Trump will drop ObamaCare individual mandate repeal to pass tax reform

November 20, 2017

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/trump-drop-obamacare-individual-mandate-130700909.html

Offline Cripplecreek

Big news today is about Trump's attack tweet against GOP Senator Flake [who is retiring.]

Today,  news networks are vocally wondering why Trump would overtly alienate a GOP senator
when each GOP senator's vote on tax reform is important. The GOP can only afford to lose
two GOP senate votes... and several more GOP senators are now sitting on the fence.

Neil Cavuto, the host on FOX business news,  was the only one who vocalized something

Here's Trump's tweet

" Sen. Jeff Flake(y), who is unelectable in the Great State of Arizona (quit race, anemic polls) was caught (purposely) on "mike" saying bad things about your favorite President. He'll be a NO on tax cuts because his political career anyway is "toast."

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/19/politics/jeff-flake-donald-trump-twitter/index.html

Trump is a political suicide bomber.

His little monkeys are running from republican to replublican flinging crap as if they had been trained to do rather than just being too stupid to know better.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire

Here's Trump's tweet

Neil has quite the imagination
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline KingsX

Trump is a political suicide bomber.

His little monkeys are running from republican to replublican flinging crap as if they had been trained to do rather than just being too stupid to know better.

Trump's "trained monkeys" sound alot like Kremlin trolls.

Offline KingsX

Neil has quite the imagination

He came very close to what I have been saying for months.

But I'm the only one who has repeatedly made the analogy between Trump
and the historical Babylonian "Governor of Gutium" who defected to Cyrus
and helped Cyrus facilitate the stealth invasion and conquest of Babylon.
How was it done?  By "draining the swamp" [drying up the Euphrates River
at Babylon]  so Cyrus' troops could secretly invade the city by going under
Babylon's wall that was too strong to overtly breach.

Offline driftdiver

He came very close to what I have been saying for months.

But I'm the only one who has repeatedly made the analogy between Trump
and the historical Babylonian "Governor of Gutium" who defected to Cyrus
and helped Cyrus facilitate the stealth invasion and conquest of Babylon.
How was it done?  By "draining the swamp" [drying up the Euphrates River
at Babylon]  so Cyrus' troops could secretly invade the city by going under
Babylon's wall that was too strong to overtly breach.

hmmmm I see Neil isn't the only one.

DC has been called a swamp for decades.  Trump didn't invent that and I seriously doubt he is familiar with ancient Babylonian history.   It never ceases to amaze me that people who are so convinced Trump is stupid but he is somehow managing to orchestrate these massive conspiracies.   Its just mind boggling.

Offline driftdiver

Trump's "trained monkeys" sound alot like Kremlin trolls.

So now anyone who isn't a NTer is a trained monkey and a communist?  Gosh how can someone so eloquent as you but so darn ignorant.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Stop the name calling...now thaty so many have quoted the insult I will butcher the whole thread by editing it out!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline KingsX

hmmmm I see Neil isn't the only one.

DC has been called a swamp for decades.  Trump didn't invent that and I seriously doubt he is familiar with ancient Babylonian history.   It never ceases to amaze me that people who are so convinced Trump is stupid but he is somehow managing to orchestrate these massive conspiracies.   Its just mind boggling

First of all... GOD is in control.  Per the Bible, God decides who rules in the kingdoms of men.

Second... the Governor of Gutium was not the mastermind behind the secret plan to conquer "unconquerable" Babylon... Cyrus was.

The Governor of Gutium could see the handwriting on the wall [pun intended] and secretly defected over to Cyrus.

Per the Bible,  God anointed Cyrus to be victorious.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 08:46:41 pm by KingsX »

Offline driftdiver

First of all... GOD is in control.  Per the Bible, God decides who rules in the kingdoms of men.

Second... the Governor of Gutium was not the mastermind behind the secret plan to conquer "unconquerable" Babylon... Cyrus was.

The Governor of Gutium could see the handwriting on the wall [pun intended] and secretly defected over to Cyrus.

Per the Bible,  God anointed Cyrus to be victorious.

God is in control, but he didn't pick Trump.   He gave us free will and lets us make our own mistakes or not.   He did give us government and has a hand in things for those who will listen and follow him.

Trump isn't Cyrus.

Offline driftdiver

Stop the name calling...now thaty so many have quoted the insult I will butcher the whole thread by editing it out!

@mystery-ak
hey you know us trained monkeys.  we like to fling poo

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline KingsX

God is in control, but he didn't pick Trump.   He gave us free will and lets us make our own mistakes or not.   He did give us government and has a hand in things for those who will listen and follow him.

Trump isn't Cyrus.

God is in control and God did pick Trump.

No, Trump is not Cyrus.  I never said he was.

I said Trump is analogous to the Governor of Gutium who defected over to Cyrus.

Offline driftdiver

God is in control and God did pick Trump.

No, Trump is not Cyrus.  I never said he was.

I said Trump is analogous to the Governor of Gutium who defected over to Cyrus.

Well since I'm a (not to be repeated) I'll just agree to disagree with you.   In my life I've found that people who "know" what God is thinking and what he has done as it pertains to current events with absolute certainty are pretty much not going to discuss much else.  God Bless, have a great day.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Yeah Jeff. Because it has been such a great party with weak losers like yourself.

Neither Trump nor Roy Moore are 'their' sort of people.

But they are my sort of people.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Trump referring to himself as 'your favorite president' should be an indication of how seriously he is being with many of these tweets.

Yet he continues to trigger millions.

I know.  What an outrageous thing to say.  But so Trump   and so fun.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.