Author Topic: Lerner, Paz say they fear physical harm from enraged public, want IRS testimony sealed permanently  (Read 588 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Lerner, Paz say they fear physical harm from enraged public, want IRS testimony sealed permanently

By Stephen Dinan - The Washington Times - Sunday, November 19, 2017

Former IRS executive Lois G. Lerner told a federal court last week that members of her family, including “young children,” face death threats and a real risk of physical harm if her explahttps://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/nov/19/lois-lerner-holly-paz-want-testimony-sealed-perman/nation of the tea party targeting scandal becomes public.
Ms. Lerner and Holly Paz, her deputy at the IRS, filed documents in court Thursday saying tapes and transcripts of depositions they gave in a court case this year must remain sealed in perpetuity, or else they could spur an enraged public to retaliate.

“Whenever Mss. Lerner and Paz have been in the media spotlight, they have faced death threats and harassment,” attorneys for the two women argued.

Excerpted from: https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/nov/19/lois-lerner-holly-paz-want-testimony-sealed-perman/
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
I guess walking away from their crimes scot free with the taxpayers on the hook for their crimes and  their very nice pensions fully intact isn't enough for these vermin!

The can go to hell as far as I'm concerned!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

Who do they think they are, barack obama?

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Guilty people are usually scared. They are paranoid that their crimes will be made public.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Who do they think they are, barack obama?

ROFLMAO!!!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline kidd

“Whenever Mss. Lerner and Paz have been in the media spotlight, they have faced death threats and harassment,” attorneys for the two women argued.

That tends to happen when there is the courts and Congress fail to serve justice.
Remember everyone, she was found guilty of contempt of Congress - yet she walks about freely.

Offline Millee

Hope she's losing lots and lots of sleep.   :smokin:

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
That tends to happen when there is the courts and Congress fail to serve justice.
Remember everyone, she was found guilty of contempt of Congress - yet she walks about freely.

:amen:

I'll tell you what needs sealing permanently!  The doors to every IRS facility in the country!  That agency has been thoroughly weaponized since it's inception and cannot be redeemed!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
The Founding Fathers had it right...it's good for a corrupt, political hack to fear those she betrayed.  Many more need to feel the same way, but don't.

2nd Amendment Ms. Lerner and Ms. Paz, there's a reason we fight to retain our rights you pieces of human debris.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.