Author Topic: For Once, Trump Should Flex His Strongman Muscles To Kill The Individual Mandate (JDRucker)  (Read 320 times)

Online corbe

For Once, Trump Should Flex His Strongman Muscles To Kill The Individual Mandate

Posted at 10:44 pm on November 19, 2017 by JD Rucker

One of my biggest concerns when Donald Trump was elected was that he’d be too much of a legislative tyrant. His experience as CEO and Chairman of the Board for multiple companies meant he was accustomed to getting his initiatives done one way or another. I assumed he’d make ultimatums, force multiple issues with his congressional majority, push an agenda that wasn’t aligned with conservative values, and generally be a strongman from the Oval Office.

Contrary to my expectations, he’s fit into the role of interested yet passive executive observer. He’s made a few demands and threats, but thus far he hasn’t forced his will upon them. Some might see this as a bad thing, but our republic was designed to only move forward under the right circumstances. The founders wanted to make government methodical and slow for very good reasons. Unfortunately, that means we’re stuck with a GOP majority in the legislative branch that has been unable to do anything of substance. As hard as that is for us to swallow, it’s still better than having legislation dictated from the White House.

Keep in mind, that’s how we got Obamacare in the first place.

<..snip..>

https://www.redstate.com/jdrucker/2017/11/19/trump-flex-strongman-muscles-kill-individual-mandate/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.