Author Topic: Many Christian conservatives are backing Alabama’s Roy Moore  (Read 684 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Many Christian conservatives are backing Alabama’s Roy Moore
« on: November 20, 2017, 02:20:23 am »
Many Christian conservatives are backing Alabama’s Roy Moore
CBS News, Nov 19, 2017, AP

<snip>

That steadfastness is shocking to many outside Alabama who wonder how any voter who claims to be Christian can stand with a man accused of such acts. The answer is both complicated and deeply rooted in the DNA of a state that prides itself on bucking norms.

Introducing Moore during a "God Save America" rally at a south Alabama church this week, pastor Mike Allison said his support wasn't wavering because Moore never has.

"He has staunchly defended the Constitution of the United States, he has stood for the word of God ... he is against the murder of the unborn by abortion. He is for the defunding of Planned Parenthood. He is against a redefinition of marriage and believes firmly that it is only between a man and a woman. And he is against all threats against the traditional family," Allison said. "He is a fighter and a champion for right ...."

Read more: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/many-christian-conservatives-are-backing-alabamas-roy-moore/

Oceander

Re: Many Christian conservatives are backing Alabama’s Roy Moore
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 02:25:29 am »
Spending too much time too deep in Egypt.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2017, 02:36:35 am »
That steadfastness is shocking to many outside Alabama who wonder how any voter who claims to be Christian can stand with a man accused of such acts.

So mere accusation is supposed to be enough to tear a man down?

I think not.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 02:37:15 am by roamer_1 »

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2017, 02:44:23 am »
Oh so he is against abortion but he can't find  physical force or threat when a pedophile rapes a 4 year old.

I was a supporter of Moore but I think how he ruled in this one case in 2015 showed leniency toward pedophiles.  He was the only judge to rule to overturn the second conviction.  I am not understanding how you could find that a four year old could ever consent to sex.  To a four year old any person who is larger than yourself is a threat.

So even if they found him innocent in the other charges I think he is despicable.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2017, 02:59:00 am »
So mere accusation is supposed to be enough to tear a man down?

I think not.

I lucked up and found the FB page of the man that said Roy Moore was banned at the Gadsden Mall. He is a flaming Doug fan, and his wife is even worse. He said he didn't have anything against Moore, but if he was anything like his wife, that was a big fib. He locked his FB page, but I got a few screenshots from another fellow.

His wife is one of the most screaming libs I have ran across in a long time.

https://www.facebook.com/joanne.obar

Here he would like to see Trump dead.

I know it is the right person because the wife say it was her husband that did it. She has him listed as her husband.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 03:06:06 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2017, 03:06:06 am »
At first I thought, Alabama Christian conservatives like the Duggars? Then I realized the Duggars are from Arkansas. But then I wondered, what's the difference?
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Major Confusion

• If you don't like my opinion, Byte Me.
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2017, 03:13:29 am »
At first I thought, Alabama Christian conservatives like the Duggars? Then I realized the Duggars are from Arkansas. But then I wondered, what's the difference?

400 miles and a few forks in the family tree.
If you don't like my opinion, Byte Me.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2017, 03:14:00 am »

And I  as a Christian wonder what the difference is. 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2017, 03:14:59 am »

You're too kind with the forks  :silly: :silly: :silly:
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2017, 03:16:06 am »
And I  as a Christian wonder what the difference is.

God bless you, sister. I joke because I've cried about serious issues and it didn't change a gosh darn thing.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2017, 03:20:03 am »
Quote from: Major Confusion link=http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/Smileys/default/high-five.pngtopic=291840.msg1519802#msg1519802 date=1511147609

:silly:   888high58888
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2017, 03:37:10 am »
Oh so he is against abortion but he can't find  physical force or threat when a pedophile rapes a 4 year old.

I was a supporter of Moore but I think how he ruled in this one case in 2015 showed leniency toward pedophiles.  He was the only judge to rule to overturn the second conviction.  I am not understanding how you could find that a four year old could ever consent to sex.  To a four year old any person who is larger than yourself is a threat.

So even if they found him innocent in the other charges I think he is despicable.

Because that's not what his ruling was really about, but you know that because it was explained to you.  You just refuse to understand it for some reason.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2017, 03:45:32 am »
Because that's not what his ruling was really about, but you know that because it was explained to you.  You just refuse to understand it for some reason.

It certainly was about that.  He said physical threat was not proven.  A four year old is not able to decipher that.

Section 13A–6–63(a)(a), Ala.Code 1975, provides that “[a] person commits the crime of sodomy in the first degree if ․ [h]e engages in deviate sexual intercourse with another person by forcible compulsion.” Section 13A–6–60(8), Ala.Code 1975, defines forcible compulsion as a “[p]hysical force that overcomes earnest resistance or a threat, express or implied, that places another person in fear of immediate death or serious physical injury to himself or another person.”

In viewing the evidence in the light most favorable to the State, this Court must conclude that the State failed to “present any evidence that [Higdon] used physical force that overcame [K.S.'s] earnest resistance.” D.W. v. State, 3 So.3d 955, 957 (Ala.Crim.App.2008). Additionally, the State failed to present any evidence that Higdon made an express threat that “placed [K.S.] in fear of immediate death or serious physical injury to himself or another person.” § 13A–6–60(8), Ala.Code 1975. The State asserts, however, that it presented sufficient evidence of an implied threat, citing the difference in age between Higdon and K.S. and Higdon's position as an intern at the day-care facility as factors sufficient to establish an implied threat. In Powe v. State, the Supreme Court of Alabama held that an implied threat may be inferred in cases “concerning the sexual assault of children by adults with whom the children are in a relationship of trust.” 597 So.2d 721, 728 (Ala.1991). In Ex parte J.A.P., however, the Supreme Court clarified that the holding in Powe “would apply only to cases involving the sexual assault of children by adults who exercised positions of domination and control over the children.” 853 So.2d 280, 284 (Ala.2002) (emphasis in original). See also D .W., 3 So.3d at 957. Although Higdon was in an apparent relationship of trust with K.S., he was 17 years old and not yet an adult at the time of the offense. Thus, an implied threat may not be inferred as a result of his position as an intern at the day-care facility. Additionally, this Court has held that an age discrepancy between the perpetrator and the victim does not constitute an implied threat. C.B.D. v. State, 81 So.3d 399, 402 (Ala.Crim.App.2011) (holding that age discrepancy and size discrepancy “do not establish any type of threatening communication”). Thus, the State's argument that it presented sufficient evidence of forcible compulsion by implied threat is without merit.

Because the State failed to present any evidence of physical force or threat of harm, it failed to establish an essential element of first-degree sodomy under § 13A–6–63(a)(1), Ala.Code 1975. Accordingly, Higdon's conviction based on the charge of first-degree sodomy by forcible compulsion must be reversed, and a judgment rendered in his favor on that charge. Higdon does not challenge his conviction for first-degree sodomy of a child less than 12 years old, see § 13A–6–63(a)(3), Ala.Code 1975; therefore, the circuit court's judgment as to that conviction is affirmed.

Again...........Eight other judges sided for the four year old.  Judge Moore, no.

Isn't it unfortunate that the 4 year old victim did not understand what forcible compulsion was.  If he had only attended law school he may have known how to protect himself from pervert lenient judges.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 06:48:05 am by Chosen Daughter »