Author Topic: Sen. Tim Scott says Roy Moore should quit Alabama race, ‘find something else to do’  (Read 601 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Sen. Tim Scott says Roy Moore should quit Alabama race, ‘find something else to do’
The Washington Times http://www.washingtontimes.com

Sen. Tim Scott on Sunday called for Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore to “find something else to do,” indirectly telling the embattled judge to quit the race in the wake of a wave of sexual misconduct allegations.

During an interview on “Fox News Sunday,” Mr. Scott suggested that Republicans are likely to lose the U.S. Senate seat in Alabama without a new candidate. The South Carolina Republican previously said Mr. Moore should step aside if the allegations are true but the decision ultimately is up to Alabama voters.

“The allegations [against Mr. Moore] are stronger than the denials and Roy Moore should find something else to do,” Mr. Scott said Sunday. “I certainly think there’s a strong possibility with a new candidate, a new Republican candidate, a proven conservative, we can win that race in Alabama.”

Continued at: https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/nov/19/sen-tim-scott-says-roy-moore-should-quit-alabama-r/

The election is about 3 weeks away.

Offline RetBobbyMI

Tim SCOTT should pay more attention to the twit in the other seat from SC.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Tim SCOTT should pay more attention to the twit in the other seat from SC.
That's a very good point.  Why is he not saying that about a worthless sitting US Senator like Lindsey instead of one who is not even there?

He is tacitly saying that all US Senators are ok, just Moore is a poor one.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Frank Cannon

Boy. When a fellow politician from AL calls on you to go away, that's serious......what? Tim Scoot has nothing to do with AL?

Nevermind.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Gonna be interestin' when newly-sworn-in Senator Moore walks the aisle and takes his seat for the first time...!

Offline Mesaclone

That's a very good point.  Why is he not saying that about a worthless sitting US Senator like Lindsey instead of one who is not even there?

He is tacitly saying that all US Senators are ok, just Moore is a poor one.

No, he's not saying all Senators are "OK". He's correctly saying that Moore is a perv and a molestor and Lindsey Graham and other GOP Senators are not...and that Moore staying on the ballot is going to put the Republican majority in danger. Scott is a man of integrity and his opinion should count for much with any fair minded conservative.

The Dems condoned Bill Clinton being a scumbag because he was "right" on the issues as they saw it...we would be equally amoral if we did the same with Moore.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
No, he's not saying all Senators are "OK". He's correctly saying that Moore is a perv and a molestor and Lindsey Graham and other GOP Senators are not...and that Moore staying on the ballot is going to put the Republican majority in danger. Scott is a man of integrity and his opinion should count for much with any fair minded conservative.

The Dems condoned Bill Clinton being a scumbag because he was "right" on the issues as they saw it...we would be equally amoral if we did the same with Moore.

So you believe Moore's accusers, and not him?

Do you also believe they are Trump supporters, as claimed? Do you think that yearbook entry is legit, not a forgery?

Finally, but for one alleged 14 year old, I can't spot anything illegal. If she looked 16 or said she was, there would not be anything illegal.

When I was a young guy on the prowl, my hormones did most of my thinking.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline RetBobbyMI

Your statements should like you’re a Clintonista. In that case, I can see why you’re against a good constitutional conservative and Christian.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
Sen. Tim Scott says Roy Moore should quit Alabama race, ‘find something else to do’