Author Topic: Trump: I should have left UCLA basketball players in jail  (Read 3705 times)

Offline corbe

Re: Trump: I should have left UCLA basketball players in jail
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2017, 09:58:23 pm »
   YEA, BUT if hellary was President his whole Family would have the added advantage of being investigated by the IRS.  :smokin:
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2017, 10:01:32 pm »
Agreed...never expect thanks for your good deeds..you will be sorely disappointed.

No good deed goes unpunished.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2017, 10:02:12 pm »
I have mixed feelings on this. On the one hand, I sympathize with how President Trump must feel. On the other hand, why does he have to respond to everything, including the really small stuff like this? Mr. President, this is a nothing burger!

:facepalm2:

Offline corbe

« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2017, 05:52:56 am »
   Best one so far
Brandt  ‎@UrbanAchievr 

I like basketball players who weren't captured.

10:02 AM - Nov 15, 2017 · Manhattan, NY

22 22 Replies   375 375 Retweets   1,382 1,382 likes   
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline DB

« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2017, 06:22:13 am »
Trump is blaming the son for his dad's actions.

The son has already thanked Trump.

Trump looks petty when he does this crap. But what's new...

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2017, 03:57:47 pm »
Guess we should just be glad they weren't captured soldiers with a critical parent.

Offline verga

« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2017, 04:17:53 pm »
The ass is the father. Shop lifting is "No big deal". Really dad, so it's OK for your son to steal?
Trump should have left them to rot in China.
@jpsb Agreed-not even in the NFL and he is acting like a spoiled privileged brat. (Yes I know He is a Basketball player)
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2017, 04:18:03 pm »
Sometimes, it's like having a middle school girl as President.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2017, 05:14:25 pm »
Agreed...never expect thanks for your good deeds..you will be sorely disappointed.

^^^^^^^^ These right here are words of great wisdom.  This is why I think this Trump Tweet was a dick move.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2017, 05:29:14 pm »
When I want professional opinions on subjects like this, I weigh....

--Scott Adams, who predicted Trump's win in 2015 and now comments on TV and writes books, about the success of Trump's successful communication paradigm, persuasion, and other subjects,

--and you, a self-identified "social media advisor"

Based on accuracy of results and depth of insight, who do you think prevails?

If Scott Adams is correct then I am glad there are a few of us that are not so weak-minded as to fall for the persuasion techniques that Trump supposedly uses.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2017, 05:52:44 pm »
If Scott Adams is correct then I am glad there are a few of us that are not so weak-minded as to fall for the persuasion techniques that Trump supposedly uses.

Adams is a strange bird.  He's as leftist as they come, yet detested Hillary so much he probably pushed the button on his voting machine for Trump, just to keep her out.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline kidd

« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2017, 06:11:00 pm »
The win to me was simply doing the right thing on behalf of the citizens you represent.  No need to ask for thanks or praise, no need to get into a spat with the father of one of them, and certainly no need to childishly claim you “should have left them in jail”.  All that does is belittles yourself and the office IMO.

Yes.

The kids were grateful - which was only appropriate.
If Trump didn't respond to the dad, the dad would've looked ungrateful.

Now Trump looks silly.

Offline verga

« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2017, 06:24:47 pm »
Yes.

The kids were grateful - which was only appropriate.
If Trump didn't respond to the dad, the dad would've looked ungrateful.

Now Trump looks silly.
@kidd No they weren't! they didn't say thank you until after Trumps first commented.
They are modern day Michael Fay's (The student arrested in Singapore for vandalism that was supposed to be caned). I can almost guarantee that within 9 months one of these miscreants will be arrested for something else. I am also dead nuts certain that this was not the first time they have engaged in illegal behavior.   
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2017, 06:39:30 pm »
Adams is a strange bird.  He's as leftist as they come, yet detested Hillary so much he probably pushed the button on his voting machine for Trump, just to keep her out.
He is a Trump supporter, a big participant in free enterprise capitalism, and would move out of California for lower taxes.

I would classify him as closer to libertarian. He is brutally straight talking.

He is far more interesting and insightful, than virtually all politicians and self-described political commentators and analysts.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2017, 06:47:15 pm »
He is a Trump supporter, a big participant in free enterprise capitalism, and would move out of California for lower taxes.

I would classify him as closer to libertarian. He is brutally straight talking.

He is far more interesting and insightful, than virtually all politicians and self-described political commentators and analysts.

Still seems leftist to me, but that could be simply be cause I haven't followed him much since the Dogbert World Domination days (I was the Secretary of Floppies Lost Under the Keyboard).  He took some strange turns in the campaign last year, and what little I read of his blog had the messages turned off because he was catching a lot of flack.
I will NOT comply.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2017, 07:20:07 pm »
What an ass. He takes a good move and craps on it because of a player's dad. He should have ignored Ball. Now he is back to tweeting like a 13 year old girl who is stomping away with her Barbie Dream Car because someone in the playground called her ugly.

:amen:    But haven't you learned, Trump is incapable of being an ass.  His loyal flock will defend what he says or tweets regardless of what it is.   
Just once, I would like to see one of the usual Trump loyalist say, "Yea that was dumb, he should have not tweeted that". It would go a long way in proving their objectivity. 
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

rangerrebew

Trump Blasts Ingrate Dad After Aiding Shoplifting Son’s Release from Chinese Jail

November 19, 2017| by Donn Marten

You have to hand one thing to President Trump, he is an absolute master when it comes to using Twitter to bamboozle the media and change the subject, always keeping them off balance.

The media hydra had completely reconfigured after Thursday’s nasty surprise when photographic proof that Democrat Senator Al Franken emerged that he grabbed a sleeping woman’s breasts during a USO tour in Afghanistan.

https://downtrend.com/donn-marten/trump-blasts-ingrate-dad-after-aiding-shoplifting-sons-release-from-chinese-jail

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
It seems the apple doesn't fall far from the tree with that kid.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

debrawiest

« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2017, 07:38:43 pm »
Three more years of “I know you are but what am I”.  **nononono*

« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 07:39:27 pm by debrawiest »

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2017, 08:18:22 pm »
This is another case where I agree with Trump, just disagree with him making a scene about it.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2017, 08:25:32 pm »
This is another case where I agree with Trump, just disagree with him making a scene about it.

I think that's a pretty fair assessment of this.  :beer:
I will NOT comply.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2017, 03:06:48 pm »
The thing is, the sons apologized and thanked Trump.  But he, the president, is saying he should have left them in a Communist prison because he’s mad at their dad?

The only reason Trump intervened was to gain praise.  We have no-name citizens rotting in Chinese prison, and he couldn't care less. 

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
President Donald Trump continued his war of words against LaVar Ball on Wednesday morning by calling him an “ungrateful fool” and “a poor man’s version of Don King.”

Ball went on CNN to discuss the president’s role in helping release his son, LiAngelo Ball, and two other UCLA basketball players from detention in China over a shoplifting charge. Ball questioned Trump’s involvement in resolving the issue and said that he had nothing to be thankful from the president.

Trump tweeted: “It wasn’t the White House, it wasn’t the State Department, it wasn’t father LaVar’s so-called people on the ground in China that got his son out of a long term prison sentence – IT WAS ME. Too bad! LaVar is just a poor man’s version of Don King, but without the hair. Just think…..LaVar, you could have spent the next 5 to 10 years during Thanksgiving with your son in China, but no NBA contract to support you. But remember LaVar, shoplifting is NOT a little thing. It’s a really big deal, especially in China. Ungrateful fool!”

http://people.com/politics/donald-trump-lavar-ball-feud-don-king/
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I thought King supported Trump in the election.   :shrug:
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Applewood

I wish both of these little boys would knock it off.