Author Topic: Trump: I should have left UCLA basketball players in jail  (Read 3710 times)

Silver Pines

Trump: I should have left UCLA basketball players in jail
« on: November 19, 2017, 06:10:44 pm »
Trump: I should have left UCLA basketball players in jail

By Brett Samuels
11/19/2017

President Trump on Sunday lashed out at the father of a UCLA basketball player who downplayed Trump’s importance in getting his son released from shoplifting charges in China.

Read more at:

http://thehill.com/homenews/361110-trump-i-should-have-left-ucla-basketball-players-in-jail

Silver Pines

Re: Trump: I should have left UCLA basketball players in jail
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2017, 06:11:11 pm »

Silver Pines

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2017, 06:19:38 pm »

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2017, 06:22:02 pm »
What an ass. He takes a good move and craps on it because of a player's dad. He should have ignored Ball. Now he is back to tweeting like a 13 year old girl who is stomping away with her Barbie Dream Car because someone in the playground called her ugly.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2017, 06:31:24 pm »
What an ass. He takes a good move and craps on it because of a player's dad. He should have ignored Ball. Now he is back to tweeting like a 13 year old girl who is stomping away with her Barbie Dream Car because someone in the playground called her ugly.

The ass is the father. Shop lifting is "No big deal". Really dad, so it's OK for your son to steal?
Trump should have left them to rot in China.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2017, 06:48:52 pm »
Yes, he should have.  But then they would have called him racist, and claimed he would have gotten them out if they were white.  So there was no win, there.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2017, 07:20:26 pm »
If he had to say anything, why not, "Would Lavar Ball prefer his son stayed in a Chinese jail?"

Just kidding. Idiots like Ball and his sons don't warrant a response and should be ignored at all cost - except he could say to the miscreant son who actually thanked him for springing him from jail, "You're welcome." And leave it at that.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 07:43:16 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Silver Pines

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2017, 07:33:39 pm »
The thing is, the sons apologized and thanked Trump.  But he, the president, is saying he should have left them in a Communist prison because he’s mad at their dad?

Offline Concerned

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2017, 07:36:40 pm »
Yes, he should have.  But then they would have called him racist, and claimed he would have gotten them out if they were white.  So there was no win, there.

The win to me was simply doing the right thing on behalf of the citizens you represent.  No need to ask for thanks or praise, no need to get into a spat with the father of one of them, and certainly no need to childishly claim you “should have left them in jail”.  All that does is belittles yourself and the office IMO.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Oceander

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2017, 07:40:27 pm »
The win to me was simply doing the right thing on behalf of the citizens you represent.  No need to ask for thanks or praise, no need to get into a spat with the father of one of them, and certainly no need to childishly claim you “should have left them in jail”.  All that does is belittles yourself and the office IMO.

Exactly

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2017, 07:40:49 pm »
Good ol Tiny Fingered Donnie.

I don't like what someone said so I should have let them sit in a foreign prison.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2017, 07:43:43 pm »

Agreed...never expect thanks for your good deeds..you will be sorely disappointed.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2017, 07:43:53 pm »
The thing is, the sons apologized and thanked Trump.  But he, the president, is saying he should have left them in a Communist prison because he’s mad at their dad?

Yes, because he’s a self-admitted child, mentally.

Mr. Trump memorably told Mr. D’Antonio that “when I look at myself in the first grade and I look at myself now, I’m basically the same.”

“The temperament is not that different,” he said.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/09/09/us/politics/donald-trump-likens-his-schooling-to-military-service-in-book.html?_r=0&referer=
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2017, 07:50:41 pm »

Whatever happened to the concept of doing the right thing and then keeping quiet no matter how stupidly somebody else responds?   :shrug:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Silver Pines

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2017, 07:53:06 pm »
Yes, because he’s a self-admitted child, mentally.

Mr. Trump memorably told Mr. D’Antonio that “when I look at myself in the first grade and I look at myself now, I’m basically the same.”

“The temperament is not that different,” he said.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/09/09/us/politics/donald-trump-likens-his-schooling-to-military-service-in-book.html?_r=0&referer=

@edpc

Holy cow

Offline musiclady

« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2017, 07:53:44 pm »

And there will be defense of his childish idiocy and excuses for how it was right of him to wish imprisonment on a son for his Dad's nonsensical response.

I am so tired of this endless pre-adolescence.

Make it go away!    **nononono*

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2017, 07:54:35 pm »
@edpc

Holy cow

Yeah.............. he knows he's a child, and hasn't done a thing to fix it.   :shrug:

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2017, 08:04:48 pm »
I've got no problems with Trump's tweet.

He got the miscreant kid off the hook, and the kid's dad lambasts him for doing so. Very well -- give the dad his due.

I would have left those 3 in a Chinese prison for a while to think their behavior over.
It would have served as a good lesson to American blacks that "actions have consequences..."
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 09:08:12 pm by Fishrrman »

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2017, 08:08:24 pm »

He got the miscreant kid off the hook, and the kid's dad lambasts him for doing do.

I would have left those 3 in a Chinese prison for a while to think their behavior over.
It would have served as a good lesson to American blacks that "actions have consequences..."

Bet anyone else who didn't have a talent for putting a ball in a hoop would have indeed rotted in a Chinese jail.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2017, 08:09:09 pm »

He got the miscreant kid off the hook, and the kid's dad lambasts him for doing do.

More like American athletes.

If you think no blacks understand that actions have consequences, you must not know many.

Jocks of all colors tend to think they can get away with anything because all their lives they have.

It's not a color thing. It's a pampered star athlete thing.

But I'm sure you'll keep thinking in color and not humanity..........

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2017, 08:11:13 pm »
And there will be defense of his childish idiocy and excuses for how it was right of him to wish imprisonment on a son for his Dad's nonsensical response.  I am so tired of this endless pre-adolescence.

Make it go away!    **nononono*

Yet you're one of the ones consistently drawn to this like a moth to a flame.   :shrug:

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2017, 08:12:33 pm »
Holy cow

Yes, or as Trump might say.........

Sad!
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 08:12:59 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2017, 08:14:06 pm »
Only one of the miscreants was a Ball.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 09:31:07 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2017, 09:04:17 pm »

This....

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2017, 09:18:08 pm »
When I want professional opinions on subjects like this, I weigh....

--Scott Adams, who predicted Trump's win in 2015 and now comments on TV and writes books, about the success of Trump's successful communication paradigm, persuasion, and other subjects,

--and you, a self-identified "social media advisor"

Based on accuracy of results and depth of insight, who do you think prevails?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln