Author Topic: Ted Cruz confronts, spanks Democrats for double standard between Roy Moore and Al Franken responses  (Read 2285 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I have to admit Cruz's reaction to Moore's accusations are very concerning and time will tell whether or not I will continue to support him.

I was disappointed in Cruz's statement also but that makes him right only 99.9% of the time.

I think he will revise his statement as more comes out about Moore. (pun intended)
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Wow ... obviously I must have been watching a different campaign. I could have sworn that Trump posted a very ugly picture of Cruz's wife and accused his Dad of murdering JFK....and I must have been dreaming when Trump repeatedly called Ted a liar and accused him of cheating by accumulating delegates when Trump didn't have a clue.  :shrug:

You were not dreaming and Trump supporters should be praising and adoring Cruz for the class he's shown in putting that behind him and supporting Trump's policies when he can.

Online corbe

@Emjay, Missed ya, Woman.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Yes, he lost me when he started lying about Trump's father being involved with the JFK assassination.

and attacking Trump's wife for how she makes a living

and supporting the idea that Trump has multiple mistresses

and...

Yeah, he's pretty despicable.  Anyone who would support such a creep must be pretty low, himself!

How ironic that Trump is now in bed with Goldman-Sachs after all the attacks on Cruz because his wife had a job there.  Duh.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
However, I am supporting Trump now as long as I can and he's been a much better President than he was a candidate.

Longing for Cruz will get us nowhere until maybe 2020.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
With that being said, can you imagine the frenzy had Trump named Cruz as his VP?   :silly:

I was hoping he would do just that !! Cuz that's politics for you.

(I believe the 2 of them have worked out most of their past concerns, and are moving forward with the nation's business)

Cuz once again, that's politics for you.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Right_in_Virginia

How ironic that Trump is now in bed with Goldman-Sachs after all the attacks on Cruz because his wife had a job there.  Duh.

Aw, come on @Emjay  Surely you know the difference between being "in bed with" and working with, don't you?

Hint:  Follow the money.  And when you add the political loans and contributions from Goldman Sachs, facilitated by his wife, to Cruz through the years since his run for the senate it's easy to understand that Cruz owes Goldman Sachs.  How that repayment would translate into policy was the political problem for the Senator.   

Candidate Trump had no such contributions or loans from Goldman Sachs so President Trump has no conflict of interest with Goldman Sachs.  Former Goldman Sachs personnel work for the President, and not the other way around.

This is a significant difference.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 09:01:30 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Aw, come on @Emjay  Surely you know the difference between being "in bed with" and working with, don't you?

Hint:  Follow the money.  And when you add the political loans and contributions from Goldman Sachs, facilitated by his wife, to Cruz through the years since his run for the senate it's easy to understand that Cruz owes Goldman Sachs.  How that repayment would translate into policy was the political problem for the Senator.   

Candidate Trump had no such contributions or loans from Goldman Sachs so President Trump has no conflict of interest with Goldman Sachs.  Former Goldman Sachs personnel work for the President, and not the other way around.

I won't speak for Emjay, but I do know the difference: Cruz was not in bed with Goldman Sachs, Trump arguably is.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

One would think, that with the amount of BS Trump shoveled on Cruz for Goldman Sachs he would have the good sense to not allow them within two miles of the White House, but no.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

I won't speak for Emjay, but I do know the difference: Cruz was not in bed with Goldman Sachs, Trump arguably is.

Then you have no knowledge of what the term means in politics.

Not surprising.   :shrug:

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire

ummm seriously what difference does it make?   Nobody gets to the national level without a lot of connections.   Most of those connections are going to have links to Wall Street.  How is Wall Street any different than the multitude of other special interests and lobbyists that infest our political atmosphere?

I mean if you want a multi-million dollar loan do you go down to the local quick cash lender or do you go to a big investment bank?
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Ted Cruz's wife was not from 'money' and neither was he.  She had a job.  A lot of women did, including me.  She was working at Goldman Sachs and not in a top position or in any way 'connected.'

Trump and his minions made almost as much out of that as they did about him being a lyin' Canadian.

It was really disgusting.

Now, he is associating with Goldman-Sachs and, no, neither he nor Melania have a job there.

I'm trying to support Trump and I really like Melania now but that doesn't cause amnesia about what he did as a candidate.

One would think, that with the amount of BS Trump shoveled on Cruz for Goldman Sachs he would have the good sense to not allow them within two miles of the White House, but no. 

Trump did not "shovel BS" at Cruz over this.  Cruz got caught by his own hand ... he failed to report the GS loans on his Senate disclosure statement.  Teddy is the one who shined a spotlight on his relationship with GS.  He knew what it meant, which is why he tried to hide it.

Money is not only power in WDC, it's ownership.  The larger and more intricate the financial contribution and assistance to a political campaign, the more the candidate is owned.  Any candidate.

The President is not owned.  Former employees of GS serve at the pleasure of the President, not the other way around.   I prefer this relationship with GS to the one Cruz in the oval office would have had.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 09:27:36 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Oh, that's funny!  Such a kidder!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Trump did not "shovel BS" at Cruz over this.  Cruz got caught by his own hand ... he failed to report the GS loans on his Senate disclosure statement.  Teddy is the one who shined a spotlight on his relationship with GS.  He knew what it meant, which is why he tried to hide it.

Money is not only power in WDC, it's ownership.  The larger and more intricate the financial contribution and assistance to a political campaign, the more the candidate is owned.  Any candidate.

The President is not owned.  Former employees of GS serve at the pleasure of the President, not the other way around.   I prefer this relationship with GS to the one Cruz in the oval office would have had.

Sorry, I forgot who I was talking to.  One of the half-dozen or so people who still call Cruz "Lyin' Ted."   *****rollingeyes*****
I will NOT comply.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Sorry, I forgot who I was talking to.  One of the half-dozen or so people who still call Cruz "Lyin' Ted."   *****rollingeyes*****

I guess if that's all they've got and prefer to be disingenuous, that's what they go with.   :shrug:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I guess if that's all they've got and prefer to be disingenuous, that's what they go with.   :shrug:

Fortunately for the country Cruz is a bigger man than they, and is putting the country first in the Senate.  These spurious attacks don't seem to bother him, but his reactions sure do bother them.  :whistle:
I will NOT comply.

Online corbe

He lives in their head, rent free. Personally, I find it hilarious.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
   He lives in their head, rent free. Personally, I find it hilarious.

And has been for quite some time now!  I wish she would get well!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

You are hurting Trump's cause by being an idiot.  I had a loan from my credit union when I worked for UFCW.  It was a relatively small loan, and nothing I would have felt compelled to 'disclose' if I were running for office.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
ummm seriously what difference does it make?   Nobody gets to the national level without a lot of connections.   Most of those connections are going to have links to Wall Street.  How is Wall Street any different than the multitude of other special interests and lobbyists that infest our political atmosphere?

I mean if you want a multi-million dollar loan do you go down to the local quick cash lender or do you go to a big investment bank?

Hey, I kinda agree.  It would be a 'nothing' deal if it weren't for all the Goldman-Sachs accusations that Trump made about Ted Cruz.