Author Topic: Cardiac Related Deaths During 2013 in the Contiguous USA Compared to Waffle House Locations.  (Read 1646 times)

Offline Suppressed

Cardiac Related Deaths During 2013 in the Contiguous USA Compared to Waffle House Locations.

You should be able to click for full size

from r/dataisbeautiful

https://www.reddit.com/r/dataisbeautiful/comments/7dnnng/cardiac_related_deaths_during_2013_in_the/

Top comment:

PolarisOrbit   4956 points   23 hours ago
I know we are not supposed to mistake correlation for causation, but the implication here seems clear: Cardiac Deaths cause Waffle Houses.

@Freya  @Hopalong Ginsberg
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
It's obvious.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
That's great!

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
HOLY CRAP!   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline RoosGirl

The cardiac related deaths where I live must have decreased because the closest Waffle House, which was about 15 miles away, closed.

Offline musiclady

Wow.

Glad I've never eaten at one. 
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Hopalong Ginsberg

Cardiac Related Deaths During 2013 in the Contiguous USA Compared to Waffle House Locations.

You should be able to click for full size

from r/dataisbeautiful

https://www.reddit.com/r/dataisbeautiful/comments/7dnnng/cardiac_related_deaths_during_2013_in_the/

Top comment:

PolarisOrbit   4956 points   23 hours ago
I know we are not supposed to mistake correlation for causation, but the implication here seems clear: Cardiac Deaths cause Waffle Houses.

@Freya  @Hopalong Ginsberg

Waffle House: Our hash browns are to die for!

Offline ConstitutionRose

What does the west coast have against Waffle Houses?
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Considering cardiac arrest is usually the default cause of death, that might actually be a good thing because people aren't dying of anything else.

Waffle House: the new American health food!
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
What does the west coast have against Waffle Houses?

Undocumented American societal members that inhabit that geographic location of the US prefer taco's over grits and Smothered & Covered Hash browns.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline RoosGirl

Undocumented American societal members that inhabit that geographic location of the US prefer taco's over grits and Smothered & Covered Hash browns.

So we need the same type of graphic except with Taco Bell instead of Waffle House?

Offline Victoria33

I believe Waffle Houses stay open all night.  Unhealthy people are likely to go there in the wee hours since that is the only restaurant open.  That can account for heart attacks in the vicinity of a Waffle House.  Had the Waffle House not been there, the heart attacks would still happen.

I base this on a Waffle House that was close to my house.  My husband was dying of cancer and I had registered nurses in my house 24 hrs. a day.  When I couldn't sleep, I would go to that Waffle House, get eggs and coffee and read.  I was not by myself in there; there were always people there.  We should have all been sleeping but we were not for whatever reason.

Offline skeeter

So we need the same type of graphic except with Taco Bell instead of Waffle House?

Only gringo goes to Taco Bell. And food trucks would be too tough to nail down on a map.

Online libertybele

Geez ... maybe someone should look into the 47+ deaths related to Bill and Hillary Clinton...perhaps in actuality their alleged victims all lived near Waffle Houses.   :whistle:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

Eewww..... apparently it's not their waffles but the water they serve!

Frog found in water served at Florida Waffle House

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/36882133/frog-found-in-water-served-at-florida-waffle-house

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline RoosGirl

Eewww..... apparently it's not their waffles but the water they serve!

Frog found in water served at Florida Waffle House

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/36882133/frog-found-in-water-served-at-florida-waffle-house

LOL  Those little critters can get in anywhere.  Poor thing probably found his way into the ice machine.  If he'd been a little bigger they could have put him on the menu!

Online libertybele

LOL  Those little critters can get in anywhere.  Poor thing probably found his way into the ice machine.  If he'd been a little bigger they could have put him on the menu!

Right ... I'm rethinking our Sunday Waffle House outing.  Right now there is absolutely zero motivation to go there anymore.  Notta.  None whatsoever.  The one by us is brand new .... and I always bring my own water anyways because they don't carry bottled water ... but ... who knows where Kermit could wind up next!  The thought of a smashed froggy in the waffle batter just about does it for me.