Author Topic: Why the Roy Moore Accusations Terrify Me as a Wife and Mother  (Read 358 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Why the Roy Moore Accusations Terrify Me as a Wife and Mother
« on: November 18, 2017, 08:49:37 pm »
Why the Roy Moore Accusations Terrify Me as a Wife and Mother
PJ Media, Nov 16, 2017, Megan Fox

I have three men in my life who are important to me above everyone else. My husband, my son and my father. These men mean everything to me. Watching Roy Moore go through the current media circus has made me fear for the future of these men whom I love. The idea that someone can lose a career, his reputation, and the public trust over accusations of events that happened decades ago — that no one was witness to, saw, heard, reported, or acknowledged in any significant way— is terrifying. Let me remind you of something that Americans hold sacred: the presumption of innocence.

<snip>

How many husbands out there have had "closed door meetings" with women they work with because of sensitive topics like performance reviews or otherwise? If any one of those women decides she doesn't like the notes on her job performance, what's stopping them from leveling accusations against him that can't be proven, like Moore's accusers? What will stop them from destroying your family next? We used to be a country that demanded proof. Hearsay is not proof.

Read more: https://pjmedia.com/parenting/roy-moore-accusations-terrify-wife-mother/

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Why the Roy Moore Accusations Terrify Me as a Wife and Mother
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 09:09:02 pm »
You're a traitor to your gender for raising that issue.  Only half-kidding.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2017, 09:40:20 pm »
You don't hold closed door meetings in your office with members of the opposite sex if you are smart. You go to a conference room with windows.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2017, 10:04:18 pm »
You don't hold closed door meetings in your office with members of the opposite sex if you are smart. You go to a conference room with windows.

You also bring your Admin as a witness.  A room full of windows won't protect you from accusations of dirty talk.

Added:  Better still, don't hire gays or people of the opposite sex.  Better to defend against accusations of poor hiring practices than unfounded accusations of harassment.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 10:05:49 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2017, 10:19:54 pm »
Great piece.
The Republic is lost.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2017, 10:20:22 pm »
Document, repeat, witnesses, document, witnesses, repeat.

I was given very high marks, for terminating a gay subordinate around 1976-77.

His performance dropped off very badly, and he started wearing makeup.

I accepted a promotion with the proviso that I immediately deal with him. I told my superiors I intended to warn, document, and make it about performance, not his lifestyle choices.

When I lowered the final hammer, the guy thanked me.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln