Author Topic: Top general says he would resist "illegal" nuke order from Trump  (Read 3277 times)

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: Top general says he would resist "illegal" nuke order from Trump
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2017, 03:07:16 pm »
He never said this.  It is fake news.

What General Hyten really said

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2017/11/what_general_hyten_emreallyem_said.html

Thank you. These gullible saps will believe any kind of link this forum provides.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2017, 03:14:42 pm »

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2017/11/what_general_hyten_emreallyem_said.html

You have to be kidding me.  That's better?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2017, 03:16:05 pm »
Thank you. These gullible saps will believe any kind of link this forum provides.

You're a bigger fool than I thought if you think that quote in the articles is an improvement.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2017, 03:19:11 pm »
You have to be kidding me.  That's better?
Yes, because it is accurate.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2017, 03:26:19 pm »
Yes, because it is accurate.

Accurate but stupid.   I hope this idiot is shuffled out of the nuclear chain of command, quick.  An intelligent General would never have answered that hypothetical.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2017, 03:26:48 pm »

Considerable uproar was generated this past weekend by legacy media reports that the commander of U.S. strategic forces would ‘resist "illegal" nuke order from Trump’, as CBS, in a headline echoed by most media sources, put it.

@IsailedawayfromFR

Should have known that See BS was involved!  Thanks for digging this up and getting to the truth of the matter!

I'm sure that General Officers in our military were at one time trained to NEVER answer hypothetical questions from the press and this is a PERFECT illustration of why!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2017, 04:01:04 pm »
@IsailedawayfromFR

Should have known that See BS was involved!  Thanks for digging this up and getting to the truth of the matter!

I'm sure that General Officers in our military were at one time trained to NEVER answer hypothetical questions from the press and this is a PERFECT illustration of why!

Here's what he said:

“And if it’s illegal, guess what’s going to happen? I‘m going to say, ‘Mr. President, that’s illegal.’ And guess what he’s going to do? He’s going to say, ‘What would be legal?’ And we’ll come up with options, of a mix of capabilities to respond to whatever the situation is, and that’s the way it works. It’s not that complicated.”

That sounds good?  How about acting like a General and not answering stupid hypothetical questions that might give the enemy an insight into how to gum up the chain of command.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2017, 04:03:01 pm »

How about acting like a General and not answering stupid hypothetical questions that might give the enemy an insight into how to gum up the chain of command.

NEVER give SEE BS an opportunity!  NEVER!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2017, 04:11:26 pm »
NEVER give SEE BS an opportunity!  NEVER!

Fox is reporting it too. He said that bit I quoted at the Halifax International Security Forum in Nova Scotia, Canada.  An international forum!  That POS needs to be out of the chain of command yesterday, as I originally stated before being called "gullible."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/11/20/generals-comments-on-illegal-nuclear-launch-by-president-sparks-debate.html
I will NOT comply.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2017, 04:24:34 pm »
Fox is reporting it too. He said that bit I quoted at the Halifax International Security Forum in Nova Scotia, Canada.  An international forum!  That POS needs to be out of the chain of command yesterday, as I originally stated before being called "gullible."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/11/20/generals-comments-on-illegal-nuclear-launch-by-president-sparks-debate.html

Fox is not immune from picking up the stories originally coming from other sources!  It's a symptom of a VERY much larger problem we currently have with the media in general!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2017, 04:38:35 pm »
Fox is not immune from picking up the stories originally coming from other sources!  It's a symptom of a VERY much larger problem we currently have with the media in general!

Who reported it is irrelevant to me.  He said what he said, and it was at an international forum of other military type guys.  He gave the impression that he, as a General, is important enough to derail a direct Presidential order to launch a nuclear attack.  Should he be?  Possibly, but we don't need to be broadcasting that kind of information around, especially in front of the crowd he was before.  Now the enemy knows where they can introduce enough doubt to get their missiles over our border before we can strike back.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 04:39:24 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2017, 04:46:00 pm »
Who reported it is irrelevant to me.  He said what he said, and it was at an international forum of other military type guys.  He gave the impression that he, as a General, is important enough to derail a direct Presidential order to launch a nuclear attack.  Should he be?  Possibly, but we don't need to be broadcasting that kind of information around, especially in front of the crowd he was before.  Now the enemy knows where they can introduce enough doubt to get their missiles over our border before we can strike back.

I agree completely! His answer to the original hypothetical question should have been: "Sorry! I do not respond to that kind of question!"

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2017, 04:54:24 pm »
I agree completely! His answer to the original hypothetical question should have been: "Sorry! I do not respond to that kind of question!"

That's why I suspect he's an Obama General:  They didn't pick the sharpest knives in the drawer in those days.  In fact, they went out of their way to advance idiots, in order to drive out the competent ones.
I will NOT comply.

« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2017, 05:53:16 pm »
Who reported it is irrelevant to me. He said what he said, and it was at an international forum of other military type guys.  He gave the impression that he, as a General, is important enough to derail a direct Presidential order to launch a nuclear attack.  Should he be?  Possibly, but we don't need to be broadcasting that kind of information around, especially in front of the crowd he was before.  Now the enemy knows where they can introduce enough doubt to get their missiles over our border before we can strike back.
So sources mean nothing to you?

You must be the most naive person to ever populate this or any thread.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2017, 06:02:27 pm »
So sources mean nothing to you?

You must be the most naive person to ever populate this or any thread.

Answer me this simple question:  Did he, or did he NOT say what I quoted above?  I'll wait....
I will NOT comply.

« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2017, 06:05:43 pm »
Answer me this simple question:  Did he, or did he NOT say what I quoted above?  I'll wait....
Keep waiting as I was not there, and I doubt you were either.

Answer me this: do you believe all headlines you read as the source is immaterial?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2017, 06:17:01 pm »
Keep waiting as I was not there, and I doubt you were either.

Answer me this: do you believe all headlines you read as the source is immaterial?

The headline meant nothing to me, it rarely does which is why I normally read the article as I did this one.

I don't give a rat's patootie who reported it (it was multiple sources) or what the headline is/was.  I don't care about the political slant of the author who wrote it up, either.  It's the actual quote and circumstances that bug me.

I care about an Air Force General, who is in the nuclear chain of command, boosting his ego by bragging he can slow down an order to launch a nuclear attack.  That is the sort of  thing that instills doubt in our enemies' minds about our resolve to use our nuclear deterrence, a critical component of MAD (which, thanks to Democrats since Reagan, is still all we have).

So call me naive if you wish, but I am far from it.  That fat-headed General made things more dangerous, not less.
I will NOT comply.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2017, 06:17:58 pm »
This AF general got his 2nd, 3rd and 4th stars under Obama. As such he is precisely the political type, that would intentionally seek to embarrass the C in C if he thought he could get away with it or would eventually benefit from it (get on teebee every other week).

Only gullible saps think otherwise.  His undergrad was Hahvaaad btw---the land of WTFs of this world
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2017, 06:21:33 pm »
This AF general got his 2nd, 3rd and 4th stars under Obama. As such he is precisely the political type, that would intentionally seek to embarrass the C in C if he thought he could get away with it or would eventually benefit from it (get on teebee every other week).

Only gullible saps think otherwise.  His undergrad was Hahvaaad btw---the land of WTFs of this world

Thanks for looking that up.  I suspected he was one of Obama's fidiots (that is a combination of two words, in the same manner as "fugly"), and I was about to go digging for exactly what you just pointed out.

Added:  Mattis can't flush these douche canoes out fast enough.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 06:22:26 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2017, 06:22:43 pm »
The headline meant nothing to me, it rarely does which is why I normally read the article as I did this one.

I don't give a rat's patootie who reported it (it was multiple sources) or what the headline is/was.  I don't care about the political slant of the author who wrote it up, either.  It's the actual quote and circumstances that bug me.

I care about an Air Force General, who is in the nuclear chain of command, boosting his ego by bragging he can slow down an order to launch a nuclear attack.  That is the sort of  thing that instills doubt in our enemies' minds about our resolve to use our nuclear deterrence, a critical component of MAD (which, thanks to Democrats since Reagan, is still all we have).

So call me naive if you wish, but I am far from it.  That fat-headed General made things more dangerous, not less.

And this is where we disagree!  IMHO the purposefully misleading story by SEE BS which was mindlessly picked up and ran with by multiple others IS a huge problem even though none of that would have been possible had the general simply refused to answer the question in the first place.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2017, 06:24:09 pm »

All the more reason for Trump to fire his ass immediately!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #46 on: November 20, 2017, 06:29:37 pm »
And this is where we disagree!  IMHO the purposefully misleading story by SEE BS which was mindlessly picked up and ran with by multiple others IS a huge problem even though none of that would have been possible had the general simply refused to answer the question in the first place.

Normally I would agree with your point, @Bigun, but this AF General was at an international forum full of exactly the sort of people we don't need having this information.  They caught his act "live," if you will.  Even if no media had covered it, the damage would have been done (except we and maybe the President would have never heard about it).
I will NOT comply.

« Reply #47 on: November 20, 2017, 10:07:49 pm »

That's where journalism comes in.  I was taught it to be improper to have misleading headlines, like this one was, in order to create a false impression.

A real journalist would only report news.

That's where one must seek the source of any article.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2017, 10:22:02 pm »
That's where journalism comes in.  I was taught it to be improper to have misleading headlines, like this one was, in order to create a false impression.

A real journalist would only report news.

That's where one must seek the source of any article.

You'll get no argument from me no that score.  I think the state of "journalism" today is a disgrace, for exactly the reasons you point out.  That's why I don't rely on a headline, or even the  single source, if I'm going to write a comment longer than the headline.
I will NOT comply.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln