Author Topic: Former Democratic congresswoman begs to avoid jail time for charity theft  (Read 533 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Former Democratic congresswoman begs to avoid jail time for charity theft
Corrine Brown asks for mercy after being convicted of stealing from charity donations

Matthew Sheffield11.17.2017•5:30 PM

Former Democratic Rep. Corrine Brown asked for leniency from a federal judge in Florida on Friday. She faces a lengthy prison term after being convicted of stealing thousands of dollars that were meant to go to charity.

In May, a jury convicted Brown of 18 felony counts, including filing false tax returns, mail fraud, and working with others to run a fake non-profit group.

more
https://www.salon.com/2017/11/17/former-democratic-congresswoman-begs-to-avoid-jail-time-for-charity-theft/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Former Democratic congresswoman begs to avoid jail time for charity theft
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 05:48:21 pm »
Stealing from a charity to enrich yourself is as low as it gets.  Charities help people with real needs like kids, the poor and sick.

I would come down hard on her
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online dfwgator

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2017, 05:56:33 pm »
Trying to invoke her Black Privilege.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2017, 10:55:04 pm »

“I ask that you take into consideration all that I’ve done in my life, and I humbly ask for mercy and compassion," Brown said, according to a local television station report.

Really?  What did you accomplish, other than defraud a charity?  Serving in the House all those years does not qualify you for leniency.  If anything, you should get the max because, as a public official, you are held to a higher standard.