Author Topic: Al Franken was the Air America talk show host who was going to dethrone Rush Limbaugh when he sexually assaulted Leann Tweeden  (Read 1169 times)

rangerrebew

November 17, 2017
Al Franken was the Air America talk show host who was going to dethrone Rush Limbaugh when he sexually assaulted Leann Tweeden
By Thomas Lifson

It is worth noting that when he went overseas as a USO performer accompanied by Leann Tweeden in December 2006, Al Franken was not professionally identified as a "comedian" – as virtually every current media account has branded him.  He was preparing for a run for political office by conducting the flagship program for Air America, the vanguard of the left's plan to deprive conservatives of their talk radio dominance.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2017/11/al_franken_was_the_air_america_talk_show_host_who_was_going_to_dethrone_rush_limbaugh_when_he_sexually_assaulted_leann_tweeden.html#ixzz4yn3Ewnar

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
The funniest part to me is that Air America is now gone, so if he's thrown out of the Senate, he's got nowhere to go.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline goatprairie

The funniest part to me is that Air America is now gone, so if he's thrown out of the Senate, he's got nowhere to go.
He could always go back to impersonating a comedian.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
He could always go back to impersonating a comedian.

If anyone ever thought he was funny it's news to me!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline goatprairie

If anyone ever thought he was funny it's news to me!
I remember Franken from his SNL days with Davis.  Their stuff was always only semi-funny at best. The kind of humor you'd get from Pauly Shore movie. Just not very funny. Even the audience seemed to groan at most of their material.

Offline skeeter

I remember Franken from his SNL days with Davis.  Their stuff was always only semi-funny at best. The kind of humor you'd get from Pauly Shore movie. Just not very funny. Even the audience seemed to groan at most of their material.

Even during SNL's salad days I didn't think lines like 'Jane you ignorant slut' was funny. But because the show was so popular I felt like there was something wrong with me.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Even during SNL's salad days I didn't think lines like 'Jane you ignorant slut' was funny. But because the show was so popular I felt like there was something wrong with me.

I think this thread needs more cow bell :silly:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Al Franken has always repulsed me. He's not funny and creepy.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline musiclady

Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

Right there with you, @skeeter .   
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline LMAO

How did that dethroning Rush Limbaugh go for him?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline skeeter

I think this thread needs more cow bell :silly:

OK. Well I do watch The Californians videos on Youtube from time to time.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

I fully expect he'll do what all washed-up politicians do:  Lobby.   
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline kevindavis007

I think it was cause a lot of people were high on drugs..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

I think it was cause a lot of people were high on drugs..

There's that, but I think that line was because of the shock value.  The word "slut" just wasn't said on TeeVee before.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Applewood

Not on its own.  But the skit itself was a parody of those point/counterpoint exchanges on some news programs which, on occasion, got nasty. In that context, the line was, if not laugh out loud funny, amusing. 

I confess I absolutely loved the first few years of SNL.  The cast and the dialogue were brilliant.  Later years and succeeding cast members -- not so much.    I keep waiting for SNL to die out, but now with Alec Baldwin as Trump, the show has come to life again.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 12:43:16 am by Applewood »

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee

There was. It was a funny line. He was ridiculing Point-Counterpoint.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
SNL started 42 years ago. (The Smothers Brothers were cancelled in 1969 over political content.)

Early SNL was gut-busting hilarious.

Al Franken was never funny. Not compared to Steve Martin, Dan Akroyd, John Belushi, Gilda Ratner.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline goatprairie

They did some funny stuff. The land shark skit was funny.  The Conehead family and some other stuff was good.
But you're correct...much of what they did was sorta lame.
Their comedy never did rise to the level of Monty Python or Second City TV.  And I always thought Chevy Chase was overrated and unfunny.  And I was more liberal in those days.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
They did some funny stuff. The land shark skit was funny.  The Conehead family and some other stuff was good.
But you're correct...much of what they did was sorta lame.
Their comedy never did rise to the level of Monty Python or Second City TV.  And I always thought Chevy Chase was overrated and unfunny.  And I was more liberal in those days.

Agree....

First generation of the lot was the funniest by far.  Still Christopher Walken's Blue Oyster Cult producer parody (IMO) is the one funniest skit in show history.   Even the cast couldn't stop laughing during it.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline goatprairie

Agree....

First generation of the lot was the funniest by far.  Still Christopher Walken's Blue Oyster Cult producer parody (IMO) is the one funniest skit in show history.   Even the cast couldn't stop laughing during it.
I confess to not having watched SNL for more than thirty years.  After the seventies it just was  not very funny.  Sorry I missed the Norm McDonald years, but even he wasn't enough to make me sit through the rest of the totally lame material.
The problem with modern "comedy" is that it has become too liberal p.c.
  When making a political statement is more important than making people laugh, I'm out of there.