Author Topic: New Kensington police officer shot to death during traffic stop; manhunt continues into the night  (Read 1804 times)

Offline Applewood

Officer Brian Shaw of the New Kensington Police had been with the department less than a year.

NEW KENSINGTON, Pa. —
A manhunt involving several law enforcement departments continued late into the night and the early morning after a New Kensington police officer was shot and killed Friday evening.

The victim was identified as Officer Brian Shaw. He had been with the department less than a year, Chief Jim Klein said.

Police did not have an immediate suspect description, but said that Shaw made a traffic stop, which led to a foot pursuit. At some point, shots were fired.

A "be on the lookout" alert was issued for a gold-colored Jeep, which was later found unoccupied in New Kensington.
Excerpted.  Read more at:

http://www.wtae.com/article/police-officer-reportedly-shot-in-new-kensington-westmoreland-county/137990374

Online mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Fox News
By Fox News
3 hours ago

The Pennsylvania State Police have identified a suspect in the Friday night slaying of rookie New Kensington police Officer Brian Shaw.

In a tweet posted early Sunday, police named Rahmael Sal Holt, 29, as the man being sought in connection with the killing, which occurred about 18 miles outside of Pittsburgh.

(more)
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/11/19/suspect-idd-in-slaying-rookie-pennsylvania-police-officer.html

[/size]
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Applewood

Suspect ID'd in slaying of rookie Pennsylvania police officer

Rahmael Sal Holt, 29, was identified by Pennsylvania State police as the gunman in Friday night's shooting, which occurred about 18 miles outside of Pittsburgh. Authorities filed charges of first-degree murder and murder of a police officer against Holt on Saturday. 

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/11/19/suspect-idd-in-slaying-rookie-pennsylvania-police-officer.html

Update with photo of the suspect. 

Online Mod2

Offline Applewood

Thanks @Mod2  And thanks @240B  for posting the photo.  Someday I'll learn how to do that. 

Online mountaineer

Hardly a surprise the perp has a criminal record, considering the police were able to distribute an old mugshot to the media.

Offline Applewood

Another update.  The shooter was a passenger in the vehicle.  The driver has been arrested. Anther person of interest is also wanted.  The shooter is still at large.

http://www.wtae.com/article/driver-arrested-traffic-stop-new-kensington-officer-brian-shaw/13809704

Online mountaineer

Captured!  :beer:
PITTSBURGH —

The suspect in the shooting death of New Kensington Police Officer Brian Shaw on Friday night has been taken into custody, and court documents show that three people -- including his mother -- are charged with hindering apprehension.

State police announced the arrest of Rahmael Holt early Tuesday morning and said a news conference would be held later to discuss details. The 29-year-old Natrona Heights man is charged with murder of a law enforcement officer and firearms violations. He was taken into custody shortly before 5:30 a.m. in Pittsburgh's Hazelwood section.  ...
WTAE

Offline Applewood

@mountaineer

Thank you for the update.  Holt is lucky he didn't die in a hail of bullets.  Although the police naturally wouldn't say so, a little bird told me the cops were gunning for him.  Officer Shaw was family. 

And I hope the courts throw the book at mama and anyone else who sheltered Holt or otherwise tried to prevent his apprehension. 

:beer:

Online mountaineer

Holt is lucky he didn't die in a hail of bullets.  Although the police naturally wouldn't say so, a little bird told me the cops were gunning for him.  Officer Shaw was family. 
I don't doubt it - nor do I blame them.

Online mountaineer

Why Aren’t Any NFL Players Kneeling Over This Pennsylvania Cop Shooting?
November 22, 2017 By Britt McHenry   
On November 17, a police officer was killed during a routine traffic stop in New Kensington, Pennsylvania. His name was Brian Shaw, and he was only 25 years old.

According to reports, the suspect, 29-year-old Rahmael Sal Holt, fled his car after he was pulled over, and shot Shaw during the subsequent chase. Officials said Shaw did not appear to have fired his gun, while Holt fired at least six times, landing at least once in Shaw’s chest. Shaw lay in the street gasping for air before dying in a hospital that night. After several days on the lam, Holt was captured and arrested November 21 with Shaw’s handcuffs.   ...

No superstar athlete has spoken out about Shaw’s murder, although he too was once a football player, at Slippery Rock University. Every Sunday, Shaw likely watched a sport he loved only to see a plethora of NFL players kneeling against men and women wearing the same uniform as him.

But that’s forgotten in an anti-police narrative en vogue among many.   ...
  More at The Federalist

Officer Brian Shaw

Offline skeeter

@mountaineer

Thank you for the update.  Holt is lucky he didn't die in a hail of bullets. 

Thats the outcome I was hoping for.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Thats the outcome I was hoping for.

Unfortunately, not every story has a happy ending.  Now, at best, this POS will become a ward of the state for the next 50 years or so.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
    Police did not have an immediate suspect description, but said that Shaw made a traffic stop, which led to a foot pursuit. At some point, shots were fired.

A "be on the lookout" alert was issued for a gold-colored Jeep, which was later found unoccupied in New Kensington.

I'm going to go out on a limb here,and guess that Homeboi dun STOL-IN hizsef a JEEP!

I am taking no chances at all of predicting that Homeboi has dun screwed the pooch this time,and stepped into the Major Leagues. Anyway you look at it,his life is OVER.
If he is not killed resisting arrest,he is going to spend the rest of his life in a serious prison,most likely locked away in a tiny room 23 hours a day. No homegurls,no white bitches,no decent drugs,no "black spot on  yore dial" teebee shows,no nothing but books to read. I doubt he can read enough to pass elementary school standards now,but he IS going to learn because that is all he will be offered.

The saddest part is this isn't ENTIRELY has fault.He IS what he was born and raised to be,thanks to the DNC. They need illiterate thugs that commit crimes because they and their families can be counted on to consistently vote Dim because the DNC IS their "daddies" in every sense of the word.

Yeah,some who are VERY lucky manage to escape from that trap and live productive,law-abiding lives,but those really are the lucky ones who have mothers and fathers that actually care about them. Public Housing is nothing more nor less than20th Century slave quarters and a bus ticket to prison or a early grave. In some respects you could even say it is a "pre-prison" because that is where they are taught to scam and commit other crimes,and because they grow up in "cells" inside a larger structure that is itself a prison of another type. That's where they learn to "hate the man" and how to run scams and commit crimes instead of how to build or repair things.

They are already pre-conditioned to spend their lives in prison by the time they are 18 because they have virtually been living in a prison their whole lives. It's all they know.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

The Pennsylvania State Police have identified a suspect in the Friday night slaying of rookie New Kensington police Officer Brian Shaw.[/font]

In a tweet posted early Sunday, police named Rahmael Sal Holt, 29, as the man being sought in connection with the killing, which occurred about 18 miles outside of Pittsburgh.

The only thing surprising about this is he is 29. I was expecting him to be 16 to 19. Guess he must have been between prison-terms,and looking for something to do until his next arrest.

Looks like he found it,huh?

[/size][/font]
[/size]

Offline skeeter

Unfortunately, not every story has a happy ending.  Now, at best, this POS will become a ward of the state for the next 50 years or so.

In 10 years he'll turn his life around, publish a children's book and become the darling of public school teachers across the nation.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

The suspect in the shooting death of New Kensington Police Officer Brian Shaw on Friday night has been taken into custody, and court documents show that three people -- including his mother -- are charged with hindering apprehension.

Damn shame she won't be serving time with him as an accomplice. You can bet your bippy he IS who and what she raised him to be. Probably had him shoplifting for her by the time he started elementary school.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@mountaineer

And I hope the courts throw the book at mama and anyone else who sheltered Holt or otherwise tried to prevent his apprehension.

Yes,yes,YES!

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
In 10 years he'll turn his life around, publish a children's book and become the darling of public school teachers across the nation.

Likely make a fortune conducting seminars all over the land.  **nononono*

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I don't doubt it - nor do I blame them.

@mountaineer

I would,and  you should,too. They take an oath to arrest criminals,not murder them and become criminals themselves.

Offline Applewood

That's just it.  Even if he gets the death penalty, odds are he won't be executed.  PA technically has the death penalty, but it is seldom carried out.  Convicts live out their natural lives in prison at taxpayer expense. 

Besides, not long ago, the liberal governor ordered a moratorium on executions till the application of the death penalty is "reviewed" for racial discrimination.  Or something.  Of course, there will be no 'review," no one will be executed while the moratorium is in place and this moratorium won't be lifted until and unless this governor is replaced by someone who believes in the value of the death penalty.

So yeah, too bad the police didn't give this loser their own brand of death penalty. 

By the way, the suspect, Holt, has a lovely family.  His mother has been accused of hindering his apprehension.  Then there is the "father":

http://www.wpxi.com/news/top-stories/father-of-suspect-in-police-officer-shooting-taken-into-custody/651739911

Online mountaineer

More on the apprehension at Post-Gazette

Officer Shaw's funeral was broadcast on Pittsburgh TV news. Over 1,000 officers from all over the country attended.

Story at Post-Gazette

Online mountaineer

@mountaineer

I would,and  you should,too. They take an oath to arrest criminals,not murder them and become criminals themselves.
I didn't say the police should have murdered Holt. I only meant that the police - angered and saddened by Officer Shaw's death - probably wouldn't have been very sad if, while resisting arrest, Holt had to be shot in self-defense.  As it turns out, he was arrested without incident.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
@mountaineer

@sneakypete

There was a time when I would have agreed with that but sadly no longer can.  Not given the degraded state of the "justice" system currently.

- J. R. R. Tolkien