Author Topic: Subway rider: I asked manspreader to stop, so he punched me in the face  (Read 293 times)

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Tragic display of white privilege. Forced the poor minority to act. 

First, a violent, racist “manspreader” socked her in the mouth on a Manhattan-bound subway — and then, she says, cops gave her the runaround.

Now, the NYPD’s top transit officer is reaching out to the victim, Sam Saia, 37, in order to speed an investigation.

“Sam, I want to investigate this incident,” NYPD Transit Chief Joseph Fox tweeted to Saia on Friday.

“Can you kindly follow/DM me so we can get some information?”

Saia responded, “Of course. I do have video now as well that a gentleman kindly provided me that clearly shows the man’s face via sharing my story.”

The 17th Precinct, where Saia says she was rebuffed when she tried to report the crime, also tweeted in response.
“Sorry to hear about your bad experience,” wrote the precinct’s commanding officer, Deputy Inspector Nicole Papamichael, asking that Saia reach out to the precinct’s Lt. William Klepper “so we can make things right.”

Saia says she managed to complete her Brooklyn-to-Midtown commute after the still-anonymous jerk “manspreaded” her against the corner of a subway car and then socked her in the mouth after she complained.

https://nypost.com/2017/11/17/manspreader-victim-says-she-got-the-runaround-from-nypd/
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."