Author Topic: Fox News Bans Kiss Frontman Gene Simmons for Life  (Read 836 times)

Online corbe

Fox News Bans Kiss Frontman Gene Simmons for Life
« on: November 17, 2017, 04:52:08 pm »

Fox News Bans Kiss Frontman Gene Simmons for Life

The Daily Beast
Lloyd Grove
12 hrs ago

Kiss frontman Gene Simmons—until this week, a favorite guest on Fox News and Fox Business Network programs, which couldn’t get enough of his supposedly outrageous rock-star antics mixed with conservative politics—has been banned for life from the right-leaning cable channels.

Fox finally had enough of Simmons after he crudely insulted female Fox staffers, taunted them and exposed his chest, and otherwise behaved like the “demon” character he plays onstage. Management was not amused, and Simmons’s photograph was promptly posted Wednesday at the security entrance of the company’s Manhattan headquarters along with a “do-not-admit” advisory.

Simmons’s publicist didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment.

The trouble started Wednesday morning after the Israeli-born Simmons—birth name: Chaim Witz, who dresses like a preening teenager at age 68—appeared on Fox & Friends and Maria Bartiromo’s Fox Business Network show, Mornings with Maria, to promote his new bookOn Power.

<..snip..>

http://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/fox-news-bans-kiss-frontman-gene-simmons-for-life/ar-BBF47Tj?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=ientp
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online corbe

Re: Fox News Bans Kiss Frontman Gene Simmons for Life
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2017, 04:54:29 pm »
 :silly:

“Okay, I’m a powerful and attractive man, and what I’m about to say is deadly serious,” he continued. “Men are jackasses. From the time we’re young we have testosterone. I’m not validating it or defending it.”

Maybe not, but within minutes he was demonstrating it. According to a knowledgeable Fox News source, Simmons showed up on the 14th floor to do a book-plugging interview with FoxNews.com’s entertainment section, but instead barged in on a staff meeting uninvited.

“Hey chicks, sue me!” he shouted, and then pulled open his red velvet shirt to reveal his chest and belly, according to the source. Then he starting telling Michael Jackson pedophilia jokes, and then bopped two employees on the head with his book, making derisive comments about their comparative intelligence according to the sound their heads made when struck.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2017, 01:40:22 pm »
I remember going to a Kiss concert in my hometown many decades ago to see what it was all about.  Huge mistake.  Their "music" was incredbly loud to the point of being painful to listen to despite stuffing my ears with cotton. 
But I will congratulate them for making millions with their act faking out to be a genuine rock and roll band instead of a group of actors in costumes playing awful music.
I left after about thirty minutes of enduring loud, terrible, boring music.  As I exited the building, one of the building staff was standing next to the exit door with fingers in both ears and an exceptionally pained look on her face.
I was the lucky one..I left the noise.     But it was her job, she had to stay.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2017, 12:35:14 am »
@goatprairie

You were smart to leave when you did.  I had been going to loud concerts for years.  My hearing had been failing for a couple of decades, but last year, a loud show permanently destroyed hearing in my right ear.  My left ear still has about 75% hearing, and the otologist told me if I want to keep the hearing I have left, I had better stop going to loud rock shows.  I miss the shows, but they aren't worth going completely deaf.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2017, 01:31:24 am »
@goatprairie

You were smart to leave when you did.  I had been going to loud concerts for years.  My hearing had been failing for a couple of decades, but last year, a loud show permanently destroyed hearing in my right ear.  My left ear still has about 75% hearing, and the otologist told me if I want to keep the hearing I have left, I had better stop going to loud rock shows.  I miss the shows, but they aren't worth going completely deaf.
Sorry for your hearing problems.
I haven't gone to a lot of rock shows in my life, but I am nearing seventy. I thought I was losing my hearing in my right ear and had diminished hearing for more than a decade. I have a bro-in-law, a little older than me, who recently had an ear infection and lost all the hearing in the ear. I thought that's what happens when you get older.
So the last checkup I had a few weeks ago when the doc asked me near the end of the checkup if there was anything else I was concerned about, I told him about the diminished hearing in my right ear.
He  said it's probably just ear wax.
Sure enough, he got out some tool and started removing a ton of the stuff from my right ear. Then I had both ears irrigated.
When I got home, later that evening, as is my wont, I plugged in my electric guitar and started to whale away.  I was immediately overwhelmed by the tremendous noise attacking my right ear. I was back to good hearing in both ears.... at least good for my age.
Ear wax was all it was.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2017, 03:35:48 pm »
KISS and Simmons weren't my cup of tea, but he was being outrageous to demonstrate the absurdity of the climate around the issue. 
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.