Author Topic: Former Pa. Governor and U.S. Homeland Security Secretary Tom Ridge in critical condition following heart procedure  (Read 295 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Former Pa. Governor and U.S. Homeland Security Secretary Tom Ridge in critical condition following heart procedure
WTAE Pittsburgh 16 hrs ago

A Ridge spokesman said the 72-year-old Ridge, Pennsylvania's Republican governor from 1995 to 2001, was attending the Republican Governors Association conference when he called for help at his hotel at about 7 a.m.

The spokesman, Steve Aaron, said Ridge underwent a cardiac catheterization at Dell Seton Medical Center at the University of Texas. He said Ridge has been responsive with physicians.

Read more at: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/former-pa-governor-and-us-homeland-security-secretary-tom-ridge-in-critical-condition-following-heart-procedure/ar-BBF3lSu?OCID=ansmsnnews11

Offline Frank Cannon

was attending the Republican Governors Association conference

Tom must be in bad shape. Someone should tell him that he hasn't been Gov for 16 years and doesn't need to go to these anymore.

Offline Applewood

was attending the Republican Governors Association conference

Tom must be in bad shape. Someone should tell him that he hasn't been Gov for 16 years and doesn't need to go to these anymore.

LOL  I thought that too.  The article says he was attending as a representative of his own security firm.  I guess he was there drumming up business. 

This article paints Ridge's time as governor in a favorable light.  But like every other liberal Republican, he screwed the middle and working class.  Thanks to him, the pension plan for state workers was bloated.  Now it's nearly bankrupt.  And guess who is paying for Ridge's generosity to government employees?

And what exactly did he do as director of homeland security other than create that ridiculous color-coded system for identifying terror threats?  Yeah, I feel safer knowing that terror threats are color coded.