Author Topic: The Character Assassination of Roy Moore: It’s True Intent  (Read 851 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
The Character Assassination of Roy Moore: It’s True Intent
« on: November 17, 2017, 03:16:47 pm »
The Character Assassination of Roy Moore: It’s True Intent
by Dr. Alan Keyes on 15 November, 2017

Recently I read an unreasoning diatribe asserting that anyone who refuses to condemn Judge Roy Moore as a sexual predator is “disgusting” and “pretty gross.” Fully aware that that judgment dispenses with the presumption of innocence, its author dismissed that commonsense requirement of American justice as follows:

Now, I’ve had far too many people shouting, “Guilty until proven innocent!” [SIC—the the author apparently means “innocent until proven guilty”] at me over my comments on this issue, as if they’re too dumb to know that the second half of that phrase is “in a court of law.” Not to blow your mind here, but I’m actually not a court of law, and I’m allowed to believe whatever I want — and personally, I believe that Roy Moore was a predator with a penchant for teenage girls…. because of logic. As my colleague David French notes, there are a lot of reasons to believe these allegations: There are multiple accusers. These women didn’t come to the press seeking attention, they simply answered the questions when the press came to them. They have witnesses corroborating their stories. Finally, the woman with the most serious allegations, Leigh Corfman, voted for Donald Trump in 2016 — making the political-hit-job storyline laughable at best.

Continued at: https://barbwire.com/2017/11/15/character-assassination-roy-moore-true-intent/

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: The Character Assassination of Roy Moore: It’s True Intent
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2017, 03:25:42 pm »
Spot on Dr. Keyes!  Nailed it!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2017, 04:23:04 pm »
Spot on Dr. Keyes!  Nailed it!

I think the article would have had a lot more punch if Dr. Keyes didn't start off by aping the very character assassination he decries.  Not saying he has to declare Moore "not guilty," but he could have taken the golden opportunity to leave that scab alone.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline jpsb

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2017, 04:30:34 pm »
My opinion of Dr Keyes when thru the floor when he back stabbed Steve Forbes in the 2000
primaries and as a consequence G.W.Bush got the GOP nomination.  Keyes is a grand stander
and all he cares about is Dr Keyes. I used to like him, now not so much.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 04:30:54 pm by jpsb »

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2017, 04:56:14 pm »
The good doctor is correct.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2017, 04:57:32 pm »
My opinion of Dr Keyes when thru the floor when he back stabbed Steve Forbes in the 2000
primaries and as a consequence G.W.Bush got the GOP nomination.  Keyes is a grand stander

Me too, and that was about the time I lost it with Keyes.  He's a bit of an opportunist, and has been consistently so ever since. 

Meh.
 :yawn2:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2017, 04:59:24 pm »
The good doctor is correct.

Absolutely! Despite anyone's opinions of him personally, he nailed this one!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2017, 10:52:12 pm »
Me too, and that was about the time I lost it with Keyes.  He's a bit of an opportunist, and has been consistently so ever since. 
Calling Alan Keyes a bit of an opportunist is something like calling World War II a bit of a neighbourhood argument.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2017, 01:43:04 pm »
Dr. Keyes is spot-on!

Once accusations, taken at face value, are pronounced sufficient to warrant peremptory judgment, the stream of false accusations becomes a whirlpool of lies, sufficient to drown the character targeted for assassination. Absent the careful precautions for fairness due process demands, innocence or guilt become irrelevant. The only thing that matters is the power of the disseminating media, and the resources to bring any number of false witnesses to bear. By these means, any electorate can be turned into a mob of thousands, fomented by media ring leaders effectively entrenched beyond the reach of law.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 01:44:31 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2017, 01:52:33 pm »
For once, I'm actually proud of conservatism's ability to frame a message and turn it back against progressives. This is absolutely brilliant.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2017, 01:56:52 pm »
Calling Alan Keyes a bit of an opportunist is something like calling World War II a bit of a neighbourhood argument.

Why is he such an opportunist?  My recollection is that the people of Illinois went out and BEGGED him to get in the race against Obama after the original guy dropped out.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2017, 03:58:22 pm »
My recollection is that the people of Illinois went out and BEGGED him to get in the race against Obama after the original guy dropped out.
That's what was said, and I was inclined to disagree with him. ;)

Seriously. The way I remember it, he had to be dragged kicking and screaming about as much
as Jacqueline Susann had to be dragged into the spotlight in her day. Funny how that sort
of thing produced screams of bloody murder when Hilarious Rodent Clinton decided to become
New York's junior senator from Arkansas . . .
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 03:59:09 pm by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2017, 04:09:06 pm »
I think it's a bit ironic we're talking about Keyes running against Obama for the Senate while discussing his article about character assassination.  He would not have been running at all had Obama not succeeded in assassinating the character of the candidate running before Keyes entered the picture.
I will NOT comply.

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2017, 04:55:31 pm »
I think it's a bit ironic we're talking about Keyes running against Obama for the Senate while discussing his article about character assassination.  He would not have been running at all had Obama not succeeded in assassinating the character of the candidate running before Keyes entered the picture.
@Cyber Liberty
In fairness, it wasn't Obama who assassinated Jack Ryan---it was what was in his child custody records
that did in both him as a candidate and as Seven of Nine's husband.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2017, 05:01:26 pm »

I wasn't aware of this. Thanks for posting.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2017, 05:01:56 pm »
@Cyber Liberty
In fairness, it wasn't Obama who assassinated Jack Ryan---it was what was in his child custody records
that did in both him as a candidate and as Seven of Nine's husband.

How did those records get unsealed, anyway?
I will NOT comply.

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2017, 05:03:52 pm »
How did those records get unsealed, anyway?
Court order, after the Chicago Tribune and the Chicago ABC affiliate plus a number of
Ryan's Republican primary opponents petitioned to have the custody records unsealed. When
they were and the hoopla began, Obama, believe it or not, actually urged fellow Illinois
Democrats not to make them a campaign issue, which contravened some of his
campaign backers who were begging him to make them an issue.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 05:05:27 pm by EasyAce »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2017, 05:10:10 pm »
Court order, after the Chicago Tribune and the Chicago ABC affiliate plus a number of
Ryan's Republican primary opponents petitioned to have the custody records unsealed. When
they were and the hoopla began, Obama, believe it or not, actually urged fellow Illinois
Democrats not to make them a campaign issue, which contravened some of his
campaign backers who were begging him to make them an issue.

Wow.  Obama was a good guy.  Who'd have thunk it.  I'm a suspicious person:  Obama got to be President because everybody who ran against him on the way to the top fell apart.  State Senate, US Senate, President. 

Luck does happen.  It can also be manufactured.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 05:10:35 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2017, 05:13:36 pm »
Wow.  Obama was a good guy.  Who'd have thunk it.  I'm a suspicious person:  Obama got to be President because everybody who ran against him on the way to the top fell apart.  State Senate, US Senate, President. 
Well, I didn't say he was a saint. ;) He played his cards smartly enough in that instance.
Making him . . . well, a politician. ;)

Luck does happen.  It can also be manufactured.
Thank you, Branch Rickey. (Luck is the residue of design.)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2017, 05:19:36 pm »
Well, I didn't say he was a saint. ;) He played his cards smartly enough in that instance.
Making him . . . well, a politician. ;)
Thank you, Branch Rickey. (Luck is the residue of design.)

Totally agree with that.  He may not have been the fabricator of the luck, and he was smart enough to benefit.  Your opponent being destroyed by others is like watching him commit suicide:  Stay well away from it.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2017, 12:26:38 am »
Why is he such an opportunist?  My recollection is that the people of Illinois went out and BEGGED him to get in the race against Obama after the original guy dropped out.
After the Ryan's sealed divorce records were disclosed, no one wanted to tangle with the Democrat dossier farm. Keyes could and did, at the behest of the Party, and because he could (no dirt to throw at him).

From Ryan's statement:
Ryan Statement:

Thirteen months ago, I announced my determination to seek the Republican nomination for the United States Senate. I entered this race because I love my country and my home state of Illinois - and because I believe that one man, living for purposes larger than himself, can make a difference.

The media has gotten out of control. The fact that the Chicago Tribune sues for access to sealed custody documents and then takes unto itself the right to publish details of a custody dispute - over the objections of two parents who agree that the re-airing of their arguments will hurt their ability to co-parent their child and will hurt their child - is truly outrageous.
THis was similar to the methodology used to win the nomination in the first election Obama won, forcing all 4 of his opponents out of the race using the complaints (challenged signatures) of one Obama Campaign worker http://stoneformayor.com/obamas-strategy-to-win-at-all-costs-violated-his-challengers-civil-rights/

When possible, this tactic has been the preferred method of winning elections for the Democrat Party.

If that doesn't work, the smear generator is cranked to 11 and the dogs of Media are loosed.

Keyes entered the race late, underfunded, as a replacement for Ryan. In the land of Vote early, vote often, where the zombie vote is a significant bloc for the Dems, it wasn't opportunism, so much as providing some early opposition in the earlier career of a man we will consider One of the Biggest Assed Mistakes America has ever made.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2017, 02:18:33 am »
After the Ryan's sealed divorce records were disclosed, no one wanted to tangle with the Democrat dossier farm. Keyes could and did, at the behest of the Party, and because he could (no dirt to throw at him).

From Ryan's statement:THis was similar to the methodology used to win the nomination in the first election Obama won, forcing all 4 of his opponents out of the race using the complaints (challenged signatures) of one Obama Campaign worker http://stoneformayor.com/obamas-strategy-to-win-at-all-costs-violated-his-challengers-civil-rights/

When possible, this tactic has been the preferred method of winning elections for the Democrat Party.

If that doesn't work, the smear generator is cranked to 11 and the dogs of Media are loosed.

Keyes entered the race late, underfunded, as a replacement for Ryan. In the land of Vote early, vote often, where the zombie vote is a significant bloc for the Dems, it wasn't opportunism, so much as providing some early opposition in the earlier career of a man we will consider One of the Biggest Assed Mistakes America has ever made.

Pretty much how I recall it as well and hell yes to the big assed mistake!   Meanwhile the Moore lynch mob still runs wild on this supposedly conservative site!

- J. R. R. Tolkien