Author Topic: Al Franken: Even Worse Than You Think  (Read 255 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Al Franken: Even Worse Than You Think
« on: November 17, 2017, 02:25:12 pm »
Al Franken: Even Worse Than You Think
The Minnesota senator has never deserved a place in public life.

3:58 PM, Nov 16, 2017 | By Jonathan V. Last

Anyone who has followed the career of Al Franken should be unsurprised to learn that he was a jerk to Leeann Tweeden. Because if you go back to Live from New York, Tom Shales’ brilliant oral history of Saturday Night Live, Franken appears as a lying, drug-abusing (and distributing), jackass.

A couple choice excerpts—remember, this is an oral history, so they’re from the primary sources:

Al Franken: There was not as much cocaine as you would think on the premises. Yeah, a number of people got in trouble. But cocaine was used mainly just to stay up. There was a very undisicplined way of writing the show, which was staying up all night on Tuesday. We didn't have the kind of hours that normal people have. And so there was a lot of waiting until Tuesday night, and then going all night, and at two or three or four in the morning, doing some coke to stay up, as opposed to doing a whole bunch, and doing nitrous oxide, and laughing at stuff. People used to ask me about this and I'd always say, "No, there was no coke. It's impossible to do the kind of show we were doing and do drugs." And that was just a funny lie that I liked to tell. Kind of the opposite was true, unfortunately, for some people, it was impossible to do the show without the drugs.

more
http://www.weeklystandard.com/al-franken-even-worse-than-you-think/article/2010505
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Al Franken: Even Worse Than You Think
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2017, 02:27:53 pm »
I'll say. That Franken and Davis skit on SNL really sucked.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Al Franken: Even Worse Than You Think
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2017, 03:10:22 pm »
I'll say. That Franken and Davis skit on SNL really sucked.

I'll say that Al Franken only found himself in the Senate due to MASSIVE voter fraud in the state of Minnesota!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien