Author Topic: To tackle illegal immigration, go after the employers  (Read 528 times)

rangerrebew

To tackle illegal immigration, go after the employers
« on: November 17, 2017, 01:29:28 pm »
To tackle illegal immigration, go after the employers
By Nolan Rappaport, opinion contributor — 11/06/17 06:40 AM EST

The job magnet is making it impossible to secure the Southwest border. The availability of jobs in the United States attracts immigrants who need work and are willing to do whatever they have to do to cross the border.   

Congress tried to eliminate the job magnet by establishing employer sanctions with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 (IRCA). The theory was that if employers were sanctioned for hiring

http://thehill.com/opinion/immigration/358892-to-tackle-illegal-immigration-go-after-the-employers

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: To tackle illegal immigration, go after the employers
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2017, 03:17:11 pm »
And people who rent to them or otherwise support them in ANY fashion!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online dfwgator

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2017, 03:21:08 pm »
And shoot smugglers on sight.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2017, 03:46:59 pm »
The problem in dealing with illegal immigration has always been about lacking the will.

Practically speaking of the major problems facing this nation illegal immigration would be the easiest to solve - enforcement in the workplace and for %^& sake stop subsidizing their existence here with taxpayer dollars.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2017, 03:49:10 pm »
The problem in dealing with illegal immigration has always been about lacking the will.

Practically speaking of the major problems facing this nation illegal immigration would be the easiest to solve - enforcement in the workplace and for %^& sake stop subsidizing their existence here with taxpayer dollars.

888high58888 888high58888 888high58888
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien