Author Topic: Clinton ally Gillibrand says Bill should’ve resigned over Lewinsky affair  (Read 527 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Clinton ally Gillibrand says Bill should’ve resigned over Lewinsky affair

By David K. Li

November 16, 2017 | 8:46pm

New York Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand, a long-time political ally of Bill and Hillary Clinton, said Thursday the former president should have resigned after his affair with intern Monica Lewinsky was disclosed, according to a report.

Asked if the 42nd president needed to step down nearly 20 years ago, Gillibrand told the New York Times: “Yes, I think that is the appropriate response.”

The comments by Gillibrand, who holds the senate seat vacated by Hillary, make her the highest profile elected Democrat to make such a statement about the former President.

more
https://nypost.com/2017/11/16/clinton-ally-gillibrand-says-bill-shouldve-resigned-over-lewinsky-affair/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
The words are just for throwaway, now.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
No way in hell that was going to happen.  They had to keep Hillary’s ambitions on track and they weren’t going to hand Gore the Oval Office.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline endicom

Looks like a sneak attack on Trump. Bill Clinton has nothing to lose and this establishes that presidents can resign or be removed from office.

Offline musiclady

Of course he should have resigned.

Anyone with an ounce of honor would have.

But keep in mind that leftist women who claimed to be 'feminists' and 'liberated' back then, would have done anything to have Bill Clinton molest them.

This means nothing now.  Nothing at all.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online roamer_1

Looks like a sneak attack on Trump. Bill Clinton has nothing to lose and this establishes that presidents can resign or be removed from office.

Oh, if you think this will stop with Moore, you've another think coming... Now that everybody had hauled on their holier-than-thou clothes (on the record), and now that the libs have been 'cleaning their own house', it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see wha's next.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Of course he should have resigned.

Anyone with an ounce of honor would have.

But keep in mind that leftist women who claimed to be 'feminists' and 'liberated' back then, would have done anything to have Bill Clinton molest them.

This means nothing now.  Nothing at all.
Then we would have had "President Gore". The guy who with Maurice Strong and George Soros stood to make trillions on the Chicago Carbon Exchange, as soon as the cap and trade law passed. https://www.redstate.com/diary/barrypopik/2010/05/01/chicago-climate-exchange-is-sold-cap-trade-scam-of-the-century-continued/

(We were scewed either way.)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis