Author Topic: Donald Trump's Sexual Assault Accusers Demand Justice in the #MeToo Era: 'We Were Forgotten'  (Read 885 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 People
Diane Herbst
3 hrs ago

The recent accusations of sexual misconduct against a long list of powerful men in Hollywood and other industries have been widely believed — and led to resignations, loss of careers and other fallout.

Meanwhile, some of the women who accused Donald Trump of sexual harassment or assault during the presidential campaign wonder when the president might finally pay a price for what he allegedly did to them.

“Things just seem to fall off of Trump, I’m extremely disappointed,” says Jessica Leeds, 75, who alleges Trump tried to kiss her, fondle her breasts and put his hand up her skirt while on a flight to New York in the early 1980s.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/donald-trumps-sexual-assault-accusers-demand-justice-in-the-supernumbermetoo-era-we-were-forgotten/ar-BBF3wsL
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

Is Ms. Leeds sure she has the right president?
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon

Not a defender of Mr. Trump.  But at some point, most assuredly with Ms. Leed being 75... the statute of rigor mortis must be enforced.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I don't doubt some of this is per being a billionaire and people think they can sue him. Are all? I don't know.

Offline Concerned

"All of these liars will be sued after the election is over."  Donald J Trump October 22, 2016

It's been over a year since Trump threatened to sue his 10 accusers.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline TomSea

Does Trump really need to do this? Won the elections, faces problems like ISIS, North Korea, getting the economy back up and a menacing investigation.  "After the election" is forever....

Offline goodwithagun

Does Trump really need to do this? Won the elections, faces problems like ISIS, North Korea, getting the economy back up and a menacing investigation.  "After the election" is forever....

Why not? He Tweets about every other damned blip on the radar!
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline TomSea

Won in the court of public opinion.

Offline goodwithagun

I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline TomSea

Yep, President of the United States, laugh at that.

Offline corbe

Suspend belief for a moment and think that this 'metoo' $hit catches on and topples the Presidency of the US, it's on Tape, Trumpers, This will be as big, if not bigger, than the original Women's movement in the 60's as far as it's cultural impact on society.

It's just been a downhile slide since they ratified the 19th in 1920.
 :bolt:
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon

And you'd think after those darn harlots got the 18th passed the men would have been sober enough to not ratify the 19th.  Men never learn. 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Online mountaineer

The recent accusations of sexual misconduct against a long list of powerful men in Hollywood and other industries have been widely believed — and led to resignations, loss of careers and other fallout. ...
We don't mind when the accused is someone we don't like, but what if the next one is you? There is absolutely nothing to prevent false accusations, and hardly any way to defend against being accused of something that happened decades ago.

"Let's see, we want to discredit mountaineer because we don't like her politics. Hmm, what to do? Hey, I know! Let's accuse her of molesting children! Or animals, even better!"
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline aligncare

Suspend belief for a moment and think that this 'metoo' $hit catches on and topples the Presidency of the US, it's on Tape, Trumpers, This will be as big, if not bigger, than the original Women's movement in the 60's as far as it's cultural impact on society.

What’s on tape? The Access Hollywood tape where Trump was heard acknowledging that in the entertainment industry women tolerated sexual abuse from men in positions of power? And that Trump used the P word to describe the extent to which it has been tolerated by the women and the industry?

Thank goodness, for a second there I thought you had Trump on tape sexually assaulting someone.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 02:20:11 pm by aligncare »

Offline aligncare

By the way, about this 75-year-old Jessica Leeds. First off she’s not Trump’s type. Have you seen her and Trump’s women over the years? Then she says the assault went on for 15 minutes with passengers and flight attendants nearby?

There’s never been a scintilla of validity to her’s nor the others’ claims in this hit piece.

...and Gloria Allred shows her face here, too. What a surprise.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 02:41:56 pm by aligncare »

Offline GrouchoTex

:silly:

Offline goodwithagun

Yep, President of the United States, laugh at that.

So was obama. What's your point?
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline aligncare

So was obama. What's your point?

Oops. Shouldn’t have asked that of TomSea...

Offline GrouchoTex

It is a strange deal to be sure.
There could always be someone out there who is looking for a quick buck, and make false accusations.
That's how the Clinton's spun things in the 90's, (drag a 20 dollar bill through a trailer park...as James Carville said).
Yet, there could always be someone out there who is sincere, and feels violated.

We all run the risk, if we are not careful, of only believing those who do not need the money, like in the Franken case.

That could be a dangerous precedent, if we only believe those who have no financial gain at stake, or no major financial loss at stake, for all sort of other misdeeds and crimes, coming from both directions, the accused and the accusers.