Author Topic: Rapper Lil Peep dies aged 21 of suspected overdose  (Read 3671 times)

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Rapper Lil Peep dies aged 21 of suspected overdose
« on: November 17, 2017, 12:34:35 am »
He was trying to take "Emo" to the next level.  Sad day.  May he find peace.

----

Lil Peep, a fast-rising rapper whose emotional tracks charted depression and drug use, has died aged 21 while on tour in Arizona. His UK representative confirmed the news to the Guardian.

Gustav Åhr, who grew up in Long Beach, New York, was found unresponsive by his manager on his tour bus. In a video Åhr posted online hours before his death, he said he had taken prescription drugs and other substances, saying: “I’m good, I’m not sick”.

Sgt Pete Dugan of the police department in Tucson stated to CNN: “After speaking with people on scene and going into the tour bus... there was evidence of a possible drug overdose.” He added that there was “no sign of any kind of foul play”.
Lil Peep: the YouTube rapper who's taking back emo
Read more

The rap world has paid tribute to him, with Diplo writing on Twitter that Åhr “had so much more to do man he was constantly inspiring me”, and fellow producer Marshmello writing: “Peep was the nicest person. Hanging out with him, talking to him about music, the song ideas we were going to do together and touring was so amazing.”

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2017/nov/16/rapper-lil-peep-dies-aged-21-suspected-overdose
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline RoosGirl

Re: Rapper Lil Peep dies aged 21 of suspected overdose
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2017, 12:50:22 am »
That stinks.  Easter will never be the same.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2017, 12:51:10 am »
RIP indeed.

BTW there's a running obits thread for this stuff.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2017, 12:14:26 pm »
It's sad.  So young and gone too soon.  Unfortunately, he was old enough and should have known better than to do drugs -- any drugs.  My sympathies lie with those close to him. 

Online mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2017, 01:44:01 pm »
That stinks.  Easter will never be the same.
Urp. Those things are toxic. I see they finally done him in.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2017, 04:01:11 pm »
Who the hell is this guy? I have seen his eulogy all over the place and I've literally never heard of him.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2017, 04:06:59 pm »
It's old man Peep's boy, Lil
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Applewood

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2017, 04:27:48 pm »
Who the hell is this guy? I have seen his eulogy all over the place and I've literally never heard of him.

I guess you have to be a fan of rap music -- which I'm not -- to be familiar with him.  It's just tragic that he killed himself with drugs at such a young age.

Meanwhile, a friend of mine just saw David Crosby in concert. Now that old geezer should have been dead years ago -- from booze, drugs and the resultant damage to his liver -- but he's still around.  The angels must be watching over him.  Either that, or he's too ornery to die.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2017, 04:30:31 pm »

You got to stop hanging out on Rap forums.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2017, 04:38:56 pm »
Another rapper dies of natural causes....
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2017, 04:54:11 pm »
Photo of the deceased days before his death.....

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2017, 05:41:27 pm »
Don't ya just love it when the trash takes itself out?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2017, 09:12:13 pm »
I'd never heard of "lil peep" before he (or she?) departed this mortal coil...

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2017, 01:59:17 am »
I'd never heard of "lil peep" before he (or she?) departed this mortal coil...
From the picture I would say IT is the proper descriptor, and I can't help wondering who cares?

Offline SkyKing

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2017, 09:36:22 am »
Another expiring rap star.
Rest In Peeps.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2017, 10:05:16 am »
I’m sorry to hear anyone so young would die. But in this case it’s a rapper so I’ll make an exception.

Now, if only the so-called music would die.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2017, 10:03:32 am »
Everyone under 30 apparently knew who this guy was. I'm officially an old fart.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2017, 05:57:42 pm »
Everyone under 30 apparently knew who this guy was. I'm officially an old fart.
Well I have been an Old Fart for decades (age has nothing to do with it) and I wouldn't waste the gray cells to learn about or remember any rapper, hip hop artist or 99% of so called celebrities. Nor give a hair off a rats arse worth of care as to what happens to them. I have been mystified my entire life about people's need to engage in idol worship of other humans.
@Weird Tolkienish Figure

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2017, 06:01:42 pm »
I despise rap and the sociopathic culture that it represents and proselytizes.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2017, 06:12:30 pm »
Well I have been an Old Fart for decades (age has nothing to do with it) and I wouldn't waste the gray cells to learn about or remember any rapper, hip hop artist or 99% of so called celebrities. Nor give a hair off a rats arse worth of care as to what happens to them. I have been mystified my entire life about people's need to engage in idol worship of other humans.
@Weird Tolkienish Figure
What you said. They might as well report the death of some of some panhandler, junkie, or other messed up individual as much as these talentless con artists. Which is how I view all (c)rappers. Their contributions to society and the advancement of culture are in the minus category. We're all worse off for their existence.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2017, 06:01:58 pm »
I guess you have to be a fan of rap music -- which I'm not -- to be familiar with him.  It's just tragic that he killed himself with drugs at such a young age.

Meanwhile, a friend of mine just saw David Crosby in concert. Now that old geezer should have been dead years ago -- from booze, drugs and the resultant damage to his liver -- but he's still around.  The angels must be watching over him.  Either that, or he's too ornery to die.

His liver transplant extended his sorry life.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2017, 06:18:16 pm »
His liver transplant extended his sorry life.

You're right and I remember there was a stink raised when it was alleged that Crosby jumped ahead of the line of people waiting for a liver, supposedly because of his celebrity status.  Don't know that it was true, but I remember one woman was fuming that the likes of Crosby, with his drink, drug and otherwise careless rock n roll lifestyle,  got a new liver, while her husband, who had lived a clean life, was still waiting. 

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2017, 07:01:08 pm »
You're right and I remember there was a stink raised when it was alleged that Crosby jumped ahead of the line of people waiting for a liver, supposedly because of his celebrity status.  Don't know that it was true, but I remember one woman was fuming that the likes of Crosby, with his drink, drug and otherwise careless rock n roll lifestyle,  got a new liver, while her husband, who had lived a clean life, was still waiting.

Same controversy erupted in Dallas with Mickey Mantle's transplant, though the hospital swore that wasn't the case.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2017, 07:22:16 pm »
As a guideline, the medical profession will NOT waste a donor organ, on somebody that is still drinking and/or using drugs.

The organs are NOT interchangable. I think it UNLIKELY the medical profession would put a rich patient ahead of anybody for the sake of any factor, besides the suitability of the organ match.

It is science.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Applewood

« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2017, 08:06:44 pm »
@truth_seeker
@Night Hides Not

Yes, I believe the explanation was that Crosby was the best match for this particular donor liver.  That woman's husband might have technically been on the transplant list longer, but he wasn't a match. 

I only brought up the controversy as a point of history.  I can't be sure that Crosby changed his ways as far as drugs are concerned, but I have read that he was diagnosed as a Type 2 diabetic and lost some weight.  Haven't seen him lately though.