Author Topic: Jonah's Off Target Again  (Read 233 times)

Offline endicom

Jonah's Off Target Again
« on: November 16, 2017, 05:25:38 pm »
American Thinker
Paul Gottfried
Nov. 16, 2017

In his latest anti-Trump tear, National Review editor Jonah Goldberg warns that “the GOP can’t afford to chase away its own.” The GOP’s own, for Goldberg, means “middle-class suburbanites,” whom he depicts as the base of his party. These suburbanites, who are supposedly the heart and soul of the Republican Party, share Jonah’s ostentatious revulsion for Trump, which is now on display 24/7. The recent (for the Republicans) disastrous election in Virginia, in which Democrats swept to victory in statewide elections, is a godsend for Jonah and others at NR, who enjoy flailing away at the Donald. Goldberg identifies “conservatives” with Republican regulars, such as John McCain, Mitt Romney, Luther Strange, and Ben Sasse. Since Trump doesn’t fit into this restricted club of moderates, Jonah views him as an unwelcome visitor from Mars.

More... http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2017/11/jonahs_off_target_again.html

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Jonah's Off Target Again
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2017, 05:30:04 pm »
Jonah represents the NYC/DC wing of the GOP. Believe in all of the Rats policies except for a little tax cut now and again to make them stand out.

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2017, 07:40:31 pm »
If this guy thinks the GOP can create a coherent, much less dominant American political party without the votes of educated, middle-class suburbanites, he's a moron.   
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2017, 07:56:16 pm »
If this guy thinks the GOP can create a coherent, much less dominant American political party without the votes of educated, middle-class suburbanites, he's a moron.

Now there is a novel Idea.   Where does one find these "votes of educated, middle-class suburbanites" anymore.   It has been my experience they are a dying breed.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."