Author Topic: 50+ Times People Realised Their Grandparents Were Cooler Than Them  (Read 904 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Recently we asked you to send us your pictures of your grandparents acting cool in their younger days, and you certainly didn't disappoint us. Now we're bringing you more examples of your grandparents being super smooth in their heyday. From grandmas chilling with Ernest Hemingway and modeling Volvos in the 1950s to grandfathers sledding through Antarctica, pulling off motorbike stunts, and even playing with their pet polar bears, this list, compiled by Bored Panda, will make you wonder just what on earth you're doing with your life. Don't forget to vote for the coolest character!

Read more at: https://www.boredpanda.com/cool-grandparents/

----

Great collection of pics.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: 50+ Times People Realised Their Grandparents Were Cooler Than Them
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2017, 07:23:27 am »
All you need to see are these pics to figure out that stupid ideas, sex and impropriety didn't start in the last 30 years. It has always been around.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2017, 07:37:27 am »
All you need to see are these pics to figure out that stupid ideas, sex and impropriety didn't start in the last 30 years. It has always been around.

Yep.

#36 My Grandparents In 1960, On A Date. My Favorite Picture

#79 So Proud Of My Grandfather - WW2 Vet With Class

The Republic is lost.

Online goatprairie

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2017, 03:02:44 pm »
I respect my grandparents for the simple fact that they had far tougher lives than we have. Living today is simply a lot easier than it was  one hundred years ago and more.
I remember almost fifty years ago talking to a guy in his eighties,   a retired engineer who was helping a friend of mine learn some basics of surveying.  He said the young protesters of that time, the early seventies, had no idea about how much easier life was than in the early part of the 20th century. I believed him.