Author Topic: Amoral Clarity: Partisan Victory Is The Highest Good And Decency Is Expendable  (Read 185 times)

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
By Jim Jamitis
https://www.redstate.com/jimjamitis/2017/11/15/amoral-clarity-partisan-victory-highest-good-decency-expendable/

. . . Even expressing the notion that the allegations against Roy Moore might be credible is enough
to make you a target for those on the right who believe that political victory is the highest good. Like
conservative principles, basic decency is now become acceptable collateral damage if it means delivering
a political defeat to the left.

In what is perhaps one of the most laughable developments to come from this debacle, people on the left
are now starting to say that maybe they weren’t adhering to their own ideals when they did everything in
their power to dismiss each and every allegation against philanderer in chief Bill Clinton . . .

. . . The party of Trump is using the same playbook to defend Roy Moore as the left used to defend Bill
Clinton. The ubiquitous “whataboutism” on the right is no different than the tu quoque fallacies used to
defend Clinton. Moore’s loyalists haven’t been as ruthless in applying the tactics of personal destruction.
That may just be because they don’t have the mainstream media to back their play. There’s absolutely
no reason to think such things are beneath people who applaud the petty vindictiveness of the man now
seated at the top of the GOP . . .

. . . Years ago, I rejected the political left on philosophical grounds but also because of the amoral, win
at all costs, devious nature of its tactics. Now that the political right is adopting those same tactics it
has made me a political refugee. Any movement that demands that we excuse sexual predators, rapists,
pedophiles, creeps, liars or thieves in order to secure victory does not deserve to win..

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Years ago, I rejected the political left on philosophical grounds but also because of the amoral, win
at all costs, devious nature of its tactics. Now that the political right is adopting those same tactics it
has made me a political refugee.
One cannot win a fight when we play fair and the other side does not. 2012 should have taught us that.

The author may remain a political refugee. I do not want to hear a single complaint, however, about how our country is going to Hell, when doing what it takes to stop that Hell is beneath his dignity.

I'm reminded of the old Rocky and Bullwinkle episode: they're about to send the little green moon men back home on a rocket, and the Senator gets his coat shut in the door. There's an obvious solution: remove the coat. "But that would be undignified!" he yelps—as he is blasted off into outer space.

Principle is worthless without some way to put it into action.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024