Author Topic: Kennedy, Clinton, and Weinstein: A Convenient Reckoning  (Read 219 times)

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
Kennedy, Clinton, and Weinstein: A Convenient Reckoning
« on: November 15, 2017, 07:37:30 pm »
Now it’s safe to denounce the worst acts of serial abusers on the left side of the aisle.
By Jim Geraghty
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/453746/kennedy-clinton-and-weinstein-sexual-assaults-accountability-conveniently-timed

In April, the historical drama Chappaquiddick will arrive in theaters. Variety declared the film “a tense,
scrupulous, absorbingly precise and authentic piece of history — a tabloid scandal attached to a smoke-filled-room travesty.”

The reviewer, Owen Gleiberman, suggested that the film could spur a dramatic reevaluation of the Liberal Lion of the Senate
. . . But it’s a rather convenient one for Ted Kennedy, as he died in 2009. Considering the ongoing reverence for the Kennedy
family in so many powerful circles in this country, Chappaquiddick is a brave film. But it would have been much braver —
perhaps impossible to make — a decade ago.

If the spring brings a reevaluation of Ted Kennedy, it will probably come on the heels of a sudden and dramatic reevaluation
of Bill Clinton as a consequence of the explosion of sexual-harassment and assault allegations in the wake of the Harvey
Weinstein scandal . . . but it’s occurring on the most convenient terms for the Democratic party — when Kennedy is dead, Bill
Clinton is retired and fading into memory, Hillary’s prospects are done, and her closest network of supporters now largely live
on the ash heap of American political history. Funny how all of this worked out so conveniently for the party.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline LMAO

Re: Kennedy, Clinton, and Weinstein: A Convenient Reckoning
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2017, 01:03:00 pm »
I posted  a similar statement a few days ago about the left only condemning people like Bill Clinton now because there’s nothing on the line.  It’s safe for them now to condemn him and believe his accusers. If Bill Clinton got the nomination in 2020 they would go back to attacking people like Paula Jones, Kathleen Willey, Juanita Broderick
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 01:16:22 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy