Author Topic: Mitch McConnell Fights Back Against POTUS Trump With Roy Moore Scandal  (Read 1012 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Mitch McConnell Fights Back Against POTUS Trump With Roy Moore Scandal
DC Whispers, Nov 14, 2017

It was a rather cagey move via Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell. The longtime anti-Trumper was barely able to conceal his smirk as he informed the media that should Roy Moore win next month’s Alabama special election to fill the vacant Senate seat created when Jeff Sessions became the U.S. Attorney General, it would be up to President Trump to make the final decision regarding whether or not Moore would be allowed to actually serve in the Senate.

Read more at http://dcwhispers.com/mitch-mcconnell-fights-back-potus-trump-roy-moore-scandal/#26E7TlMlFCBloXqs.99

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Mitch McConnell Fights Back Against POTUS Trump With Roy Moore Scandal
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2017, 06:00:24 pm »
DC is a cesspool.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2017, 06:06:51 pm »
DC is a cesspool.

There’s a big difference between a cesspool and DC.  Cesspools are cleaned out every few years.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2017, 06:19:03 pm »
It was a rather cagey move via Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell. The longtime anti-Trumper was barely able to conceal his smirk as he informed the media that should Roy Moore win next month’s Alabama special election to fill the vacant Senate seat created when Jeff Sessions became the U.S. Attorney General, it would be up to President Trump to make the final decision regarding whether or not Moore would be allowed to actually serve in the Senate.

Where is presidential approval in the 17th Amendment or original draft of The Constitution, stating how Senators assume office?
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2017, 06:36:55 pm »
it would be up to President Trump to make the final decision regarding whether or not Moore would be allowed to actually serve in the Senate.

When was it exactly that the Executive was granted power to decide whom may serve in the Senate or the House?

The advocates for a dictatorship are growing exponentially it seems.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline bilo

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2017, 07:07:27 pm »

Where is presidential approval in the 17th Amendment or original draft of The Constitution, stating how Senators assume office?

I was wondering the same thing.

BTW, I don't believe the Senate can keep him from taking the seat either.

I sure hope he wins. I don't like bullies and mob rule is a type of bully to my way of thinking.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2017, 07:15:38 pm »
No, not actually saying Trump will pick the Senator, but a political move, of course.

Trump can support, or withdraw support on Moore, and it puts him in a bit of a no-win situation.
Does he stand by him, and have all his critics say "No surprise from the man who said grab'em by the p***y".
Or, does he not support him and have his critics say "See, he's not interested in draining the swamp, he's one of them".

The best thing Trump can do is say "This is up to the people of Alabama to decide", and leave it alone.
McConnell is counting on him not doing that.

The history of Trump and his tweets show that McConnell is probably right, in this regard.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 07:16:09 pm by GrouchoTex »

Offline edpc

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2017, 07:23:31 pm »
Trump can support, or withdraw support on Moore, and it puts him in a bit of a no-win situation.

Or he can say to write in Luther Strange, the guy he originally endorsed.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2017, 07:27:23 pm »
Or he can say to write in Luther Strange, the guy he originally endorsed.

It still puts him in the " He's not really interested in draining the swamp" line of criticism category, but it is probably better than being in the endorsement camp, at this point.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 07:27:49 pm by GrouchoTex »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2017, 07:38:21 pm »
This is a golden opportunity to butt out, which I suppose that means he'll do one of the other options.  My Humble Opinion?  "This is a decision for the people of AL.  Of course I have my preference, but it's not up to me."

Can anybody imagine Trump saying something like that?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline corbe

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2017, 07:42:01 pm »
No, not actually saying Trump will pick the Senator, but a political move, of course.

Does he stand by him, and have all his critics say "No surprise from the man who said grab'em by the p***y".
Or, does he not support him and have his critics say "See, he's not interested in draining the swamp, he's one of them".

The best thing Trump can do is say "This is up to the people of Alabama to decide", and leave it alone.
McConnell is counting on him not doing that.

The history of Trump and his tweets show that McConnell is probably right, in this regard.

Good post @GrouchoTex If Trump is smart he stays away from this crap but we know he's not capable of that.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2017, 07:42:02 pm »
This is a golden opportunity to butt out, which I suppose that means he'll do one of the other options.  My Humble Opinion?  "This is a decision for the people of AL.  Of course I have my preference, but it's not up to me."

Can anybody imagine Trump saying something like that?
No, I cannot imagine that, but I do agree with you. That is what he should do.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2017, 07:42:27 pm »
It still puts him in the " He's not really interested in draining the swamp" line of criticism category, but it is probably better than being in the endorsement camp, at this point.

That's especially true since McConnell wanted Strage in that seat because he will vote whatever way Mitch tells him to.  Moore won't do that.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2017, 07:44:37 pm »
If this was a Mitch plan to screw Donny, it blew up in his face. It exposed that he has no power since Moore is still running.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2017, 07:45:51 pm »
   Good post @GrouchoTex If Trump is smart he stays away from this crap but we know he's not capable of that.

Thank you.

Instead of  the title being "Mitch McConnell Fights Back Against POTUS Trump With Roy Moore Scandal", it should probably read "Mitch McConnell bates POTUS Trump With Roy Moore Scandal".

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2017, 07:57:55 pm »
If this was a Mitch plan to screw Donny, it blew up in his face. It exposed that he has no power since Moore is still running.

Depends on how much damage was done and how much more they will attempt to bring to ensure he loses the race.

Then there is always plan'C' if the voters give Mitch the big fat middle finger and elect Moore anyway - and it has been alluded to on several fronts already.

I do not expect McConnell to allow a possible cog in the Statist machinery to be seated.  He prefers a Democrat get the seat.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2017, 08:18:12 pm »
Depends on how much damage was done and how much more they will attempt to bring to ensure he loses the race.

Then there is always plan'C' if the voters give Mitch the big fat middle finger and elect Moore anyway - and it has been alluded to on several fronts already.

I do not expect McConnell to allow a possible cog in the Statist machinery to be seated.  He prefers a Democrat get the seat.

True, but this is a far more messy business than the turtle counted on. He expected Roy would cower from his announcement that he leave the race. Instead polling is showing he has a better than 50% shot of winning

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2017, 08:21:34 pm »

And WINNING, btw...

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2017, 08:24:22 pm »
DC is a cesspool.

That is what happens when a party abandons integrity, morality, and principles in exchange for winning at all costs.

Bring back the swamp.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2017, 10:08:02 pm »
That is what happens when a party abandons integrity, morality, and principles in exchange for winning at all costs.

Bring back the swamp.

There hasn't been ANY integrity in that place for longer than you have been alive punk!  And they are DETERMINED to make sure it stays that way!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2017, 10:16:45 pm »
There hasn't been ANY integrity in that place for longer than you have been alive punk!  And they are DETERMINED to make sure it stays that way!

Last person who called me a Punk was senile Bigun.  I turned 51 today.  I have enough hair on my ass to weave an Indian blanket.  Old doesn't equal wise.  Maybe you need to grow up.

Offline edpc

« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2017, 10:18:33 pm »
@Once-Ler

I am burning all of my Indian blankets.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 10:22:51 pm by edpc »

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2017, 10:19:19 pm »
Last person who called me a Punk was senile Bigun.  I turned 51 today.  I have enough hair on my ass to weave an Indian blanket.  Old doesn't equal wise.  Maybe you need to grow up.

One of us DAMNED sure does! and it ain't me!

BTW: You and the rest of the lynch mob here can ALL GTH!
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 10:20:42 pm by Bigun »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2017, 10:20:49 pm »

That was last year's admonition.

It is so yesterday.

Today's admonition is that the Ruling Class Oligarchy is going to pick our rulers for us, because the little people cannot be trusted to choose wisely.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2017, 10:22:40 pm »
Today's admonition is that the Ruling Class Oligarchy is going to pick our rulers for us, because the little people cannot be trusted to choose wisely.

:amen: :amen: and :amen:

Try to pick one that does not have the GOPe stamp of approval and see what happens!
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 10:23:54 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien