Author Topic: Jeff Sessions continues to prove he’s Trump’s biggest mistake By Michael Goodwin  (Read 521 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Opinion
Jeff Sessions continues to prove he’s Trump’s biggest mistake

By Michael Goodwin

November 14, 2017 | 10:22pm | Updated

Jeff Sessions is a man in search of a banana peel. When he can’t find one to step on, he supplies his own.

Sessions is not a bad man, but he is a bad attorney general, as he demonstrated again Tuesday.

By writing to Republicans in Congress just hours before he was scheduled to testify that he was open to appointing a special prosecutor to examine former FBI Director James Comey’s handling of Hillary Clinton’s email case and the notorious Uranium One deal, Sessions primed the pump for a really big show.

Democrats arrived furious and Republicans gleefully expected an aha moment. Both came away unsatisfied and unhappy.

more
http://nypost.com/2017/11/14/jeff-sessions-continues-to-prove-hes-trumps-biggest-mistake/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Victoria33

@mystery-ak

I heard him talk about that and he said he would go by aw that determines if a special prosecutor is required.  He repeated that several times as the person kept questioning him about that.

Offline Frank Cannon

Sessions was an embarrassment testifying to congress. A dumber man I haven't seen. He is on  jihad to bust kids with joints but serious crimes are too much for him to handle. 

Offline aligncare

I beat Michael Goodwin to the punch by many weeks. Trump let loyalty get in the way of clear thinking. Sessions has been a disastrous AG, his biggest mistake right out of the box.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Jeff Sessions is just a White version of Eric Holder and Loretta Lynch.

Trump should have fired Comey on the day of his inauguration. And this is not 20/20 hindsight talking. I was yelling it from the rooftops.

Sessions, however, fooled me. He turned out to be a completely different person than the one I thought he was. But now that we all see him clearly for what he really is, i.e., a deep State swamp rat, it is time for him to go.

Buh bye...
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
I beat Michael Goodwin to the punch by many weeks. Trump let loyalty get in the way of clear thinking. Sessions has been a disastrous AG, his biggest mistake right out of the box.
I opposed Sessions becoming AG right out of the chute---his position on asset forfeiture was and remains
intolerable. And, unfortunately, loyalty in the way of clear thinking neither began with nor will end with
the Trump administration. If you and me both had dollars for every time loyalty got in the way of just about
any president's thinking, we could retire together tomorrow.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Jeff Sessions is just a White version of Eric Holder and Loretta Lynch.

Trump should have fired Comey on the day of his inauguration. And this is not 20/20 hindsight talking. I was yelling it from the rooftops.

Sessions, however, fooled me. He turned out to be a completely different person than the one I thought he was. But now that we all see him clearly for what he really is, i.e., a deep State swamp rat, it is time for him to go.

Buh bye...
Really?  You never stopped to think about his enthusiastic endorsement of Eric Holder during his confirmation vote?

Senator Jeff Sessions of Alabama, for example, said he was sure that Mr. Holder would be “a responsible legal officer and not a politician.”
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/03/us/politics/03holder.html

His naivety then showed he does not possess what we need at the AG helm.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
240b wrote:
"Sessions, however, fooled me. He turned out to be a completely different person than the one I thought he was. But now that we all see him clearly for what he really is, i.e., a deep State swamp rat, it is time for him to go."

He fooled me, too.
Before the election, Sessions seemed like one of the more conservative-minded senators out there.
But he's been a weak and ineffective attorney general.

I'd like to have seen Giuliani in that job, at least for the first year or two.

Offline DB

Anyone paying attention should have known Sessions was a statist using the state to enforce his world view. His long standing position on asset forfeiture was a BIG red flag and contrary to the basic concepts of our constitution.

Sessions early support of Trump may well have got Trump elected. It was the turning point on TOS. Sessions met with Trump on immigration and then Sessions endorsed Trump over Cruz. Trump's acceptance by "conservatives" changed with that endorsement. The rest is history.