Author Topic: Study reveals a reduced risk of developing heart failure with a plant-based diet  (Read 611 times)

rangerrebew

Study reveals a reduced risk of developing heart failure with a plant-based diet

November 14, 2017

Previous studies have indicated that people’s dietary pattern plays a vital role in increasing or reducing the risk of atherosclerosis, a condition characterized by a gradual narrowing of the arteries, resulting in heart failure, stroke, and heart attack.

Kyla Lara, M.D., lead author of the study and an internal resident at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai Hospital in New York has stated that:

https://www.news-medical.net/news/20171114/Study-reveals-a-reduced-risk-of-developing-heart-failure-with-a-plant-based-diet.aspx

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Patients involved in the REGARDS study reported their dietary patterns through a food frequency questionnaire - a usual method for diet classification, which involves statistical modeling in assigning a patient’s diet to one of the following five dietary patterns: (a) Convenience (fast foods, fried potatoes, red meats, and pastas); (b) Plant-based diet (beans, fruits, and leafy vegetables); (c) Sweets (chocolate, desserts, sweet breakfast diet, breads, and candy); (d) Southern (sugar-sweetened beverages, fried food, processed meat, and eggs); and (e) Alcohol/salads (liquor, wine, salad dressings, butter, leafy vegetables, green, and tomatoes).
Well, talk about a straw-man! This isn't plant-based versus animal-based. This is plant-based versus a bunch of known junk food diets.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
A lot of the food I eat is plant based, it comes from the Tyson plant, the Farmer John plant, the Boudins plant......................

Offline thackney

A lot of the food I eat is plant based, it comes from the Tyson plant, the Farmer John plant, the Boudins plant......................

I'm mostly a second hand vegetarian.  Most of the food I eat are vegetarians.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer