Author Topic: Alabama Secretary of State: If State GOP Pulls Support for Moore and He Gets the Most Votes, Election Would Be ‘Null and Void’  (Read 13367 times)

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
With the exception of the funny bend of the hat (which may be a regional thing), I'd dare say I'd be seen looking the same way if I were dressed up.

Heh!

When I was much younger, I felt comfy in black Levis and a black teeshirt.

Dropped that shortly after moving to San Francisco soon's I realized that was the reason Guys I didn't know from Adam were hitting on me.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Online roamer_1

Heh!

Dropped that shortly after moving to San Francisco soon's I realized that was the reason Guys I didn't know from Adam were hitting on me.

Yeah, well, that don't work that way around here... But the gals, now, that was another thing (back in the day)...

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

Heh!

Turns out I had to be briefed on the 'what not to wear stuff' by cousins back east so I wasn't sending the wrong signals when I went for a visit. Here, having a bandana hanging out of your pocket just means you didn't get it stuffed into your pocket. Some places, depending on the color, that (and other stuff) means things.  :shrug:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Turns out I had to be briefed on the 'what not to wear stuff' by cousins back east so I wasn't sending the wrong signals when I went for a visit. Here, having a bandana hanging out of your pocket just means you didn't get it stuffed into your pocket. Some places, depending on the color, that (and other stuff) means things.  :shrug:

Powers Booths breaks it down for Pacino.....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_ok_SM-aSb4
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Powers Booths breaks it down for Pacino.....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_ok_SM-aSb4
Yeah, I heard all that (and more, 'cause there was a gang dimension to it, too) and decided living back there would be dangerous. Sometimes a snot rag is a just snot rag, although I have used a bandana for everything from a bandage to a dust mask. They're handy to have, but, sheesh!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Silver Pines

Yeah, but you live where that is the fashion. Roy don't. He'd be less ridiculous looking if he wore a Hawaiian skirt and flip flops.

@Frank Cannon, no.  NO.  Don’t promote flip-flops, not even hypothetically.  I just broke out in hives.

Sorry but I didn’t think there were any cowboys in Alabama.  It’s an affectation on his part to make him seem folksy. 

I live in redneck country.  My father-in-law is a country boy.  When he has to dress up, it’s a black suit with a solid silk tie—-pale green or silver are my favorites.  Same for my husband.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Frank Cannon, no.  NO.  Don’t promote flip-flops, not even hypothetically.  I just broke out in hives.

Sorry but I didn’t think there were any cowboys in Alabama.  It’s an affectation on his part to make him seem folksy. 

I live in redneck country.  My father-in-law is a country boy.  When he has to dress up, it’s a black suit with a solid silk tie—-pale green or silver are my favorites.  Same for my husband.

In the name of all things holy, NOT a Bolo Tie.  No.  It's a disease here in AZ.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline RetBobbyMI

In the name of all things holy, NOT a Bolo Tie.  No.  It's a disease here in AZ.
Disease in AZ is someone  AZ put upon the rest of us, namely Johnny McLame.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Frank Cannon

You know were I was driving with the flip flop comment.

BTW, black suit and solid tie? Do they part time as ushers at funerals? Geez. Put me to sleep.

Offline Frank Cannon

Bolo ties have been a punch line for decades. Hell, even McCloud didn't wear one.....

Bottom line, Moore looks like a clown in the hat and vest.

Silver Pines

@Cyber Liberty

No, a silk tie!  I've never seen anyone wear one of those (a bolo).

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Bottom line, Moore looks like a clown in the hat and vest.

If he got a suit to match the hat, he could be Jim Leavelle.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Silver Pines

Back on topic...the Gov now announces support for Roy Moore.

@RetBobbyMI

Uh-huh.

She says she has no reason to disbelieve the accusers, but she will vote for Moore anyway because she believes in the Republican party.

Is this really all right with you?  I mean, as a conservative?  The woman is voting for someone she thinks molested a 14 year old because---politics? 

Silver Pines

You know were I was driving with the flip flop comment.

BTW, black suit and solid tie? Do they part time as ushers at funerals? Geez. Put me to sleep.

@Frank Cannon

Yeah, it's just that it's the off season and I need to try and forget they exist.

Yes, a nice black suit---sharper than navy---and a tie in gleaming silver silk....or any bright color.  What would you suggest? 

Silver Pines

Okay, this guy could use an injection of testosterone, but ignore his face.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Bolo ties have been a punch line for decades. Hell, even McCloud didn't wear one.....

McCloud was all Hat. No Cattle. 
Duel?  Please.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 12:44:07 am by WineNot »
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty

No, a silk tie!  I've never seen anyone wear one of those (a bolo).

Lucky you!  They make my skin crawl.

For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline RoosGirl

I going with something like this being closer to @Frank Cannon style

Offline Fantom

@RetBobbyMI

Uh-huh.

She says she has no reason to disbelieve the accusers, but she will vote for Moore anyway because she believes in the Republican party.

Is this really all right with you?  I mean, as a conservative?  The woman is voting for someone she thinks molested a 14 year old because---politics?

So where is that "phone" in the room?  That Mom says never existed?

Maybe that is why The "female" gov of the State is voting for more ..MOORE.  She can see thru the leftist attack..BS, that some just cannot.  @CatherineofAragon
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 01:10:55 am by Fantom »
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
From this...

Back on topic...the Gov now announces support for Roy Moore.

you got this:

@RetBobbyMI

**nononono*
I will NOT comply.

Offline RetBobbyMI

@RetBobbyMI

Uh-huh.

She also said she had no reason to disbelieve Moore.
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
She also said she had no reason to disbelieve Moore.

In other words just more she said he said with zero actual evidence to go on other than the records of those involved.   Put me down as coming down on the side of Judge Moore in that fight.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online roamer_1

In other words just more she said he said with zero actual evidence to go on other than the records of those involved.   Put me down as coming down on the side of Judge Moore in that fight.

I find it interesting that almost all of those defending Moore here are Western men, and a few Southern (Yourself, being Texan, both Western and Southern). There's something in that... Dunno what.

Offline RetBobbyMI

I find it interesting that almost all of those defending Moore here are Western men, and a few Southern (Yourself, being Texan, both Western and Southern). There's something in that... Dunno what.
Stereotyping? 

Silver Pines

So where is that "phone" in the room?  That Mom says never existed?

Maybe that is why The "female" gov of the State is voting for more ..MOORE.  She can see thru the leftist attack..BS, that some just cannot.  @CatherineofAragon

LOL